Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

replaced pets?? ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 06:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

I am running out to a pet store frantically because my son's florida king snake died after he left for school.. He was crying this morning cause he wasnt looking so good.. (I had a feeling he'd die) lol.. i'm sad.. he was cute.. but now i'm on a mission to find a replacement before he gets home.. i'll tell him I "nutured" him back to health..lol..

Just wondering how many other parents out there have "lied" and replaced pets before there kids know..?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

We've had pets die before and even worse had to put a few down too! We just used it as a chance to teach our girls about life....not fun, a bit gut wrenching sometimes, but they understand it's all....Part of Life! When a fish dies we always say they've gone to live in Long Beach, CA (When you flush a Goldfish, they follow the sewer lines to Long Beach around here!) We get a kind of macabre laugh out of that, kids too!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Contributors

Reminds me of Jinx the cat on Meet the Parents
Old 10-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel' post='697729' date='Oct 20 2008, 10:06 AM
I am running out to a pet store frantically because my son's florida king snake died after he left for school.. He was crying this morning cause he wasnt looking so good.. (I had a feeling he'd die) lol.. i'm sad.. he was cute.. but now i'm on a mission to find a replacement before he gets home.. i'll tell him I "nutured" him back to health..lol..

Just wondering how many other parents out there have "lied" and replaced pets before there kids know..?
mel thats so wrong.... ... j/k hasnt happened to me yet.. but i msure i would do the same...
Old 10-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Follow similar strategy to puck, without the flushing to Long Beach part! Talk to the kids about it and let them decide if they want a new pet. Only dealt with fish so far but the last one to die was not replaced. Maybe they were tired of seeing them die...
Old 10-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 525i Msport Euro specs: voice command, Lighting package, bluetooth package, premium sound and M5 wheels.

Originally Posted by melimel' post='697729' date='Oct 20 2008, 10:06 PM

My 2 cents...This is a chance to teach them young about realities of life...I had the same experience when I was young. My parents did tell me the truth. I always tell my children tactfully ofcourse...always refer to the saying "The truth will set you free" Cheers!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by alexf9496' post='697879' date='Oct 20 2008, 09:25 AM
Reminds me of Jinx the cat on Meet the Parents
could she really spray paint a snake? jk jk
Old 10-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='697930' date='Oct 20 2008, 01:37 PM
could she really spray paint a snake? jk jk
make a call to quad_m....
Old 10-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

i have had that talk with my son.. just seems that the only pet we can keep alive is my dog..lol.. and a fish that we ignore.. our last snake we got in august... he ate a pinky(baby mouse) then escaped.. lol.. we lost him.. he was soo upset.. so for his bday we got him a florida king snake.. he was hysterical this morning.. and i couldnt have the heart to tell him.. so i did go out and replace it with another of the same.. lol.. only a little lighter in color.. i told him that he shed.. lol I KNOW!! lol.. and that he seems to have adapted a color similar to his envoronment.. which is brownish..lol.. he smile and was like wow~!!! mom thats is great!!! so happy that i "nutured" his snake back to life.. between the turtles and snakes lately i didnt have the heart.. i know im bad..
Old 10-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel' post='697966' date='Oct 20 2008, 11:19 AM
i have had that talk with my son.. just seems that the only pet we can keep alive is my dog..lol.. and a fish that we ignore.. our last snake we got in august... he ate a pinky(baby mouse) then escaped.. lol.. we lost him.. he was soo upset.. so for his bday we got him a florida king snake.. he was hysterical this morning.. and i couldnt have the heart to tell him.. so i did go out and replace it with another of the same.. lol.. only a little lighter in color.. i told him that he shed.. lol I KNOW!! lol.. and that he seems to have adapted a color similar to his envoronment.. which is brownish..lol.. he smile and was like wow~!!! mom thats is great!!! so happy that i "nutured" his snake back to life.. between the turtles and snakes lately i didnt have the heart.. i know im bad..
You are. How about you float me a little hush money and we'll keep this our secret?

Quick Reply: replaced pets?? ...