Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Red Light Ticket... Advice needed! (LITTLE BIT LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i 2007

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='875941' date='May 12 2009, 05:03 AM
DP

I hate the damn cops, i have 17 points on my record, hired the best lawyer in town, and he cleared it all up for a set of 4 hummer tires, not bad huh?
Old 05-12-2009, 05:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by RISK' post='875945' date='May 12 2009, 05:10 AM
I hate the damn cops, i have 17 points on my record, hired the best lawyer in town, and he cleared it all up for a set of 4 hummer tires, not bad huh?
thats using your noggin..
Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 (7/04) 545i 6-Spd Manual Metallic Silver Gray with Gray Interior Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Active Steering, Navigation, Rear Sunshades, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Shades, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, HUD, Rear Side Airbags, PDC, Bluetooth Retrofit Exterior: Venture Clear Bra, Bright Angel Eyes, Euro Reflectors, Blackened Grill, VMR 713 19" Staggered with General UHPs, 13% tint rear windows Engine: K&N Air Filter, Deleted Carbon Filter , RPI Scoop, RPI Exhaust

So sorry to hear that, some time people with power abuse that power and what they represent. I hate this kind of people. There is really no way to get back to him but you can beat the ticket at least, key is t extend the time that you need to go to court. Reschedule your court, tthen ask for a night court, then try to reschedule ... etc etc...
Old 05-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Sounds like someone got bullied in highschool....

What a prick.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

Come on where's the lawyers at. I need some good advice. The best I got is keep rescheduling in hopes the cop won't show by the 3rd time. LOL
Old 05-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530 Steptronic, Nav, Std Audio w/ single CD, Premium Pkg, BMW Assist, non-working Bluetooth

Originally Posted by Jrowe' post='876698' date='May 12 2009, 07:10 PM
Come on where's the lawyers at. I need some good advice. The best I got is keep rescheduling in hopes the cop won't show by the 3rd time. LOL

Free advice is often worth what you pay for it!! Find out who the "traffic lawyer" is in the town where you got tagged or where you'll go to court. I'm guessing that it will cost you around $150 or so (based on Houston). In the end, it's much cheaper than meeting the cop's brother in law as the judge, or whatever the points might cost you in insurance, etc.

Good luck!!
Old 05-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jrowe' post='875936' date='May 12 2009, 04:56 AM
Yeah thanks Craig for taking your time on finding the traffic laws for me. I really don't feel I should have to pay anyone anything this entire ticket is such a slap in the face, this guy definitely did not like me. Either that or he's probably jewish, Just kidding Oh and btw I definitely did not exaggerate what so ever on my statement. It is word for word the absolute truth.
Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth? =)
Old 05-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RISK' post='875945' date='May 12 2009, 04:10 AM
17 points, multiple tickets, etc. Not sure why you hate cops. After all, you seem to have met half of them in town.

I would imagine that you are very friendly with most cops now that you have met them all.

If you do a search on this forum, there is a huge correlation between cop haters and drivers with multiple tickets. On the other hand, drivers who do not get tickets seem to have no problem with cops.

Some have said that adults typically have no problem with cops, but children do. Anyone want to comment on that.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

Originally Posted by z06bigbird' post='876722' date='May 12 2009, 04:59 PM
17 points, multiple tickets, etc. Not sure why you hate cops. After all, you seem to have met half of them in town.

I would imagine that you are very friendly with most cops now that you have met them all.

If you do a search on this forum, there is a huge correlation between cop haters and drivers with multiple tickets. On the other hand, drivers who do not get tickets seem to have no problem with cops.

Some have said that adults typically have no problem with cops, but children do. Anyone want to comment on that.

May have a point... I catch myself singing this song all the time....

Old 05-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by z06bigbird' post='876722' date='May 12 2009, 08:59 PM

i have been pulled over quite a bit and i dont dislike cops at all. regardless of how often you get pulled over there is a big difference between someone who takes resposibility for their actions, and well RISK. really is what he should say is "I hate cops because i drive like an asshole and they give me tickets for breaking the law" which doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

I have a tendancy to drive quick, and if i get pulled over, i am humble and respectful. after all getting a ticket is my fault, not the cops, not society, not the law, not the man. mine.

Quick Reply: Red Light Ticket... Advice needed! (LITTLE BIT LONG)