Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Recieved a ticket tonight....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

So i was driving my buddy home...was his first time in my car...wanted to see how nice it was...so gave it a bit of power on a 2 lane road....he was in the corner with his gun and as i saw him i slammed on the brake...maybe he would gun me at a bit less....although he clocked me at 81 on a 40...just my luck .....me friend had taken my radar just before this incident taking place...the ticket is quite large although i am overall worried about points...I think its time for me to learn from my mistakes and set that cruise control to 35 mph... :'(
Old 04-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' date='Apr 21 2005, 07:09 PM
just my luck .....me friend had taken my radar just before this incident taking place...the ticket is quite large
[snapback]118409[/snapback]
Or get your Radar dectector back from your friend.

Ya... being 20+ over the speed limit would make it quite large i think... did he write down 81 on the ticket or give you a leeway?
Old 04-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Senior Members

oh boyyyyyy

Sorry to hear that you are going to have to deal with a huge ticket. In the past 2 months I have gotten stopped 4 times for speeding.

1) Doing 63 MPH in a 40 - cop let me go because it was at night around 11:00 PM so he just gave me a tinted window ticket.

2) Doing 68 in a 50 MPH zone - Cop let me go (just got luck) - no tickets

3) Doing 90 in a 55 MPH zone - Cop gave me two tickets (obstruction to traffic & tinted window) - No speeding ticket there

4) Doing 78 in a 65 MPH zone - Yes you hear correct, 78 in a 65 on Parkway South. - Got a 2 point speeding ticket for that but he said I should fight it in court and they will take off the 2 points. (he just wanted to fill his quota)

The reason I got out of those tickets for thankfully because of a PBA card I have. I think without the card all of them might have been all speeding tickets

With a car like a 545i you just can't help pressing on the accelerator

But hey, i'm much more careful now.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

Hey jerzeguju.....youre indian i see....me too!!! punjabi to be exact.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' date='Apr 21 2005, 10:09 PM
So i was driving my buddy home...was his first time in my car...wanted to see how nice it was...so gave it a bit of power on a 2 lane road....he was in the corner with his gun and as i saw him i slammed on the brake...maybe he would gun me at a bit less....although he clocked me at 81 on a 40...just my luck .....me friend had taken my radar just before this incident taking place...the ticket is quite large although i am overall worried about points...I think its time for me to learn from my mistakes and set that cruise control to 35 mph... :'(

I got stopped for going 137 on the TP. Didn't get a ticket. Here is what you can do to get out of the ticket without a lawyer. Go to court. Talk to the prosecutor prior to court. Plead Unsafe Driving. You are allowed 2 per 3 year period I think. You will get like a $250 fine but NO points.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Apr 21 2005, 10:11 PM
[quote name='Jerzguju' date='Apr 21 2005, 07:09 PM']just my luck .....me friend had taken my radar just before this incident taking place...the ticket is quite large
Or get your Radar dectector back from your friend.

Ya... being 20+ over the speed limit would make it quite large i think... did he write down 81 on the ticket or give you a leeway?
[snapback]118410[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yah he wrote 81 in a 40 zone
Old 04-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Members

Forgot to leave one thing out about Pleading for guilty or even what you said....I ran into a side street to hide from him...and shut off my lights as well...although he was right behind me...so didnt work out too well...so im thinking twice about pleading for it...my dad says its worth atry...although the cop knew i was trying to hide from him..although he was nice about it since i admitted it...and My punjabi friend....we are targets arent we...this guy made me get out of the car and searched me i believe since i ran from him..which was stupid.... stupid of me....
Old 04-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' date='Apr 21 2005, 10:26 PM
Forgot to leave one thing out about Pleading for guilty or even what you said....I ran into a side street to hide from him...and shut off my lights as well...although he was right behind me...so didnt work out too well...so im thinking twice about pleading for it...my dad says its worth atry...although the cop knew i was trying to hide from him..although he was nice about it since i admitted it...and My punjabi friend....we are targets arent we...this guy made me get out of the car and searched me i believe since i ran from him..which was stupid.... stupid of me....
[snapback]118419[/snapback]
yea that was stupid. What town was this in? Was it a tropper or a local? Request an adjurnment from the original date and try to do this 2 or 3 times. The cop may not show up. You have nothing to lose except the $30 or so for court costs. If it saves you from getting points it is well worth it. And you are not pleading guilty to the charges that you were written a ticket for. You are pleading guilty to unsafe driving. If your case is held before you talk to the judge, tell him that you are pleading not guilty and that you have to talk to the prosecutor.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' date='Apr 21 2005, 07:26 PM
[snapback]118419[/snapback]

Hahah you tried to hid from him? Sorry. but thats very brave of you.

Ouch... wow wrote up all 81 mph eh...
Old 04-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Senior Members

The way I see it, it is just the price for driving on your own private autobahn. The Germans have a sense for their reality, and your policeman has his own.

You just have to feed his reality in order to drive in yours.

(pretend you're on the autobahn and you just had to contribute a user's fee).

Quick Reply: Recieved a ticket tonight....