Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Quitting Smoking????!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Black.

Hello fellow members,

Just wanted to share something in regard to smoking. I've been a smoker for 9+ years of my life. Smoking about a pack a day. As of today it has been 1 week without smoking. Let me tell you how I did it...

I've switched to a E-Cigarette. I purchased a Maxx Fusion kit from www.bloogplanet.com which is considered the best kit in the market. It's a great and safer "alternative" to quitting smoking and gradually stopping as your lowering your Nicotine intake. On the side note it doesn't contain the 4000+ chemicals in a normal cigarette. It's much safer in my opinion.

Any smokers out there looking for a new way to attempt quitting? Check it out below.

www.bloogplanet.com

Coupon Code: DN787TEN for 10% off

Give me your feedback and tell me what you think? I'm curious if anyone would have any success also...
Old 03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Members

My Ride: F10 535i: Jet Black, Black Dakota leather, Sport Auto, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Dynamic Handling, Luxury Seating, M Sport, Premium, Technology, Rear Sunshades, Auto High Beams, BMW Assist w/enhanced BT and USB.

I quit about 20 years ago, and the only thing that worked for me was the nicorette gum. There was no such thing as e-cigarettes or Chantix, or any other aids to quitting. The first two or three weeks were pretty bad, and I was a first class b!tch, but once I hit one month it was plain sailing.

Good luck ~ I wish you all the best. It's not easy, but well worth the hardship for the sake of your health, and nowadays the wallet!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Contributors

Thanks for the input. I'm hoping for good on this. A Gradual slow and nicotine cut down.... Tried doing a Cold Turkey and only lasted for 10 hours........ kind of sad.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Good luck!! You need to do this... Quit cold turkey 12 years ago after smoking for 20 years. Doesn't matter how you do it, just do it. Do be careful with the gum, a friend at work is hopelessly addicted to the gum now. I suppose it is better than smoking but still an expensive habit!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Started smoking 25 years ago but there were lots of sporadic periods. Sometimes really heavily but I also quit cold turkey a few times; once as long as a year. Started to smoke heavily again around this time last year but then decided to quit during the weekdays a few months ago. Just went to the doctors yesterday for the first time in 3 years and my blood pressure is 147/101. Time to completely quit. Going to do it cold turkey.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Started smoking 25 years ago but there were lots of sporadic periods. Sometimes really heavily but I also quit cold turkey a few times; once as long as a year. Started to smoke heavily again around this time last year but then decided to quit during the weekdays a few months ago. Just went to the doctors yesterday for the first time in 3 years and my blood pressure is 147/101. Time to completely quit. Going to do it cold turkey.
I'm in your shoes on this one. As stated in my previous post I had to buy the ecigarette to make me stop the addicting habit. It has been working with ease so far. Also considering that its the closest alternative to a normal cigarette.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Contributors

People still smoke? jk!

Glad to hear. My mom has been smoking for 40 years and will not quit. She has been "trying to" for about 25 years. She never will. She will be on her death bed with lung cancer, puffing away.

For the sake of your family, please have follow through, and the best of luck to you!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:05 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841
People still smoke? jk!

Glad to hear. My mom has been smoking for 40 years and will not quit. She has been "trying to" for about 25 years. She never will. She will be on her death bed with lung cancer, puffing away.

For the sake of your family, please have follow through, and the best of luck to you!
My Grandmom was an alcoholic and heavy chain smoker....lived to 89 and died of natural causes...

I used to occasionally smoke blacks when out with friends...kinda got into a habit so I stopped that.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
My Grandmom was an alcoholic and heavy chain smoker....lived to 89 and died of natural causes...

I used to occasionally smoke blacks when out with friends...kinda got into a habit so I stopped that.
My grandfather died at 35 of cancer, my grandmother died at 51 of cancer, both on my moms side. I'd say odds aren't in her favor, genetically speaking.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:26 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841
My grandfather died at 35 of cancer, my grandmother died at 51 of cancer, both on my moms side. I'd say odds aren't in her favor, genetically speaking.

Hmmm I guess not...definitely don't want to push it any further with smoking...

Quick Reply: Quitting Smoking????!!!!