Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Quick Visit to San Fran for a couple of days...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 01:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys... can anyone tell me what the weather is like in San Fran at the moment? I see the forecast is 19 C which seems coolish /sweater... is that pack warm or pack light?

Am leaving tonight for a two day business trip and staying @ Fishermens Wharf. Any recommendations for a good Thai restaurant/ quiet beer lounge?

Cheers

John
Old 09-30-2009, 04:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

i have no clue where to go, but post pics if you do. i cant wait to go there one day...
Old 09-30-2009, 04:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Well, the bay area is a lot cooler this week than it was last week. It's supposed to be sunny in SF, maybe getting into the 70's, dropping to mid 50's overnight. Despite the proximity, it's generally quite a bit cooler in SF than it is here in Silicon Valley, we're looking at the 80's here this week.

Hopefully others can chime in with recommendations on the restaurants and bars.

Enjoy the trip!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:45 AM
Contributors

I clicked thinking you already went & were posting pics
Old 09-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

EuroCarFan should be able to suggest some spots...
Old 09-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black Saphire

Beach chalet for beers. You can pass by the palace of fine arts and the golden gate bridge on your way there. Not sure about thai food but you have to go to scoma's for seafood on the wharf.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

go to the buena vista for breakfast and irish coffees, they have the best irish coffees on the planet, the even took them to ireland for theyre annual IC contest and beat em on theyre own turf! i believe this was in 06 or 07, theyre french toast is amazing as well, its right across from the trolley station by FW. fog harbor restaurant is the best seafood IMO ive eaten at them all, 2nd best is A. sabellas i prefer these two because they usually have live maine lobster, none of the other places do for some reason? there is plenty of dungeness crab around but i really dont dig on it cuz its such a pain in the ass to eat! its usually cold there! enjoy your stay and remember IC at the BV!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Here's the 10 day weather forecast for SF: http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/busi...topnav_business
I even gave you the Celsius version. haha

Since you're by the bay I would definitely recommend getting some light to medium outerwear as it does get chilly and windy.

For Thai restaurants, my friends recommended either Osha Thai in the Embarcadero Center or Little Thai on Broadway and Polk. There should be plenty of places to get beers around that area but some places you might want to also consider would be a bit further down on Embarcadero like Americano, Gordon Biersch Brewery and Waterbar SF. All of them have outside seating with good views of the Bay Bridge. Another place probably closer to Fisherman's Wharf is Ana Mandara. It's a Vietnamese/Fusion restaurant that has a nice lounge upstairs.

Hope you have a great time. Let me know if you need any other recommendations.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Members

My Ride: Silver Grey 2007 530i

Waterbar's a good spot, but definitely bring a jacket!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Ditch the Thai food, slurge and go to Gary Danko's -- one of SF's most amazing restaurants. A real foodie's paradise. And very near Fisherman's Wharf.

Quick Reply: Quick Visit to San Fran for a couple of days...