Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Question: Fix-it ticket for tinted windows?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

So I got a question here. How much time do you have to correct a fix-it ticket for tinted windows? I always thought I had until the court date to fix the citation, but I guess not. The story goes like this: I just got pulled over today by the same cop on a bike (Pasadena Police), who had written me a fix-it ticket for my tinted windows about two weeks earlier. I said that I don't have until my court date to fix my tinted windows but that I had to correct it immediately; funny thing is that he didn't say how many days or weeks to make the corrections. So now I got two fix-it tickets for my tinted windows from the same cop that pulled me over, only this time he added an extra citation for non-compliance for not correcting the tinted windows. Is this cop just doing his job or is he messing around with me? The guy remembered me & my car and the ticket that he gave me about two weeks ago.
Pasadena PD :thumbsdown: I guess they got nothing else better to do than write up fix it tickets.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Good question. Similar thing happened to me a long time ago. The second cop said I was supposed to take care of it right away and not keep on driving without fixing the problem...but he didn't give any timeframe.

That sucks that you got the tickets. Your car is very noticeable so I'm sure that cop spotted you for miles. I'm constantly worried about getting a ticket for my tint and no front license plate also. Knock on wood.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Be careful - if the sop is acting like this next time he may give you a tacket and when you go to drive off give you another for non complaince, and then another and another and another....
Old 01-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Yikes where about in Pasadena? So I can STAY AWAY from there... was there any fee associated with the fix it ticket?
Old 01-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Oh, no. I LIVE IN PASADENA. I'll keep my windows open while driving around my house.

There is a new law in California, sometimes the police can give you a non-correctable tinted windows ticket, the penatly is higher.

If you received a correctable ticket. You have to remove the tint and show the police at the station before the court date. The fee was $35, but I think it raise to 45+ bucks, after you got it sign off from the police, there is no penatly from the court.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Senior Members

You have until your date of the court appearance to correct your non-compliance.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mystic Blue, Beige Leather, Sport, Premium, Prem Sound, Xenon, Nav, Steptronic, Power Shade

thats rediculous.

let me know too. -- (spend lots of time in pasadena)
Old 01-27-2006, 09:08 AM
HHP
Members

My Ride: 06 550 SMG |Comfort seats | sport, premium sound and cold weather packages | active steer | Navigation |comfort access | rear seat heat | rear seat fold down| sirius|

Not cool
Old 01-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

In NY, that would be considered busting your you-know-whats. The laws are probably the same, but nobody here ever enforces them unless the cop "chooses" to; clearly, this guy has it out for you.

Better scrap the pimp tint asap and then be prepared for double duty on your court date. I'd make it a point of asking the judge about the second ticket's validity--but only if you get the right answer you are looking for in ADVANCE (as any good lawyer would do).

Cheers,
Ray Hull
Old 01-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Seems that your car choi000, looks a bit too cool for the low-income cops.

Support you local police

I hope you behave!

Quick Reply: Question: Fix-it ticket for tinted windows?