Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

The president likens his score of 129 at Bowling to a Special Olympics

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Gray / Premium Package / Cold Weather Package / Dakota Black Leather / Options: Navigation, SAT Radio, Bluetooth, IPOD adapter Sprint Booster VMR Rims V710 19x9.5 ET45 Hyper Silver (rear) VMR Rims V710 19x8.5 ET35 Hyper Silver (front) Tires: General Exclaim 275/30/19 (rear) Tires: General Exclaim 245/35/19 (front) BMW Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors BMW M-tech Complete Body Kit w/LCI & no PDC Hamann Splitter Vorsteiner Decklid Spoiler BMW M5 E60 BMW Black Grills E60 BMW Shadow Trim BMW Carbon Fiber Roundells - E60 Angel Eyes (GP Thunder Bulb H8 8500K)

I think we all do remember the continuous barrage of Bush criticism (BTW- much of it well deserved). I'm guessing most of us are pissed at Bush for going into Iraq... Nobody remembers that there was a majority vote by Congress to go along with his plan.

The person at the top starts with a campaign promise, and if elected follows through with an administration in line with the campaign agenda. This person also has signature/veto authority over ALL stimulus, budget, new policies, and laws created during the term and shoulders the overall responsibility. Rightfully so, Obama needs to take responsibility for all leadership decisions and the impact, positive or negative that may result. I was, and would like to be optimistic about the outcome of spending our way out of a natural negative effect of unregulated capitalism. Japan proved a decade ago that they could not spend their way out of a devastating recession. McCain may have had a similar stimulus liability... though money redirected toward a different agenda.

My point earlier was that we are all going to be taxed to compensate for the policy and fiscal decisions that are made and it will have an impact on our normal spending liberties.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 X3 LCI
Exclamation

Originally Posted by jusdoit' post='822408' date='Mar 20 2009, 04:30 PM
For me, it's not so much the guy, instead it's the impact to our wallets (poor, middleclass, and rich) down the line. It's a good thing I bought all of my mods now... At some point we will all be taxed to death paying for the (de)stimulus package, budget, bailouts, and the rest of the Pelosi wish list. There will be a revolt, and our next set of mods will be mad-max grill mounted machine guns, spikes on the tires, and extra armor.
LMAO...the Mad-Max joke...lol..I bet the E60 would be a mean ass car with some grills and machine guns, lol
Old 03-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PedM5' post='822524' date='Mar 20 2009, 03:41 PM
I watched it live, thought it was hilarious. People make those kinds of jokes all the time, "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" sound familiar?

How about this gem from GW Bush, "we're going to catch these terrorists and bring them to justice! ....Now watch this drive"

Nobody remembers Bush was on golf trips all the time? In reality the President is more of a spokesman than anything, there's enough people employed who are making things happen that he just has to oversee them. For instance, "Obama's bailout package" is actually Congresses bailout package. Remember the Executive, Judicial and Legislative branches? President doesn't have absolute control, checks and balances are in place to keep that from happening, we can either blame everyone or blame no one.

Just my $.02

That is so true and yet so many left leaning americans seemed to forget that when it came to CONGRESS voting for full scale war in Iraq and yet it was still COMPLETELY Bush's fault and doing.

hmmmm
Old 03-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jusdoit' post='822578' date='Mar 20 2009, 04:49 PM
I think we all do remember the continuous barrage of Bush criticism (BTW- much of it well deserved). I'm guessing most of us are pissed at Bush for going into Iraq... Nobody remembers that there was a majority vote by Congress to go along with his plan.

The person at the top starts with a campaign promise, and if elected follows through with an administration in line with the campaign agenda. This person also has signature/veto authority over ALL stimulus, budget, new policies, and laws created during the term and shoulders the overall responsibility. Rightfully so, Obama needs to take responsibility for all leadership decisions and the impact, positive or negative that may result. I was, and would like to be optimistic about the outcome of spending our way out of a natural negative effect of unregulated capitalism. Japan proved a decade ago that they could not spend their way out of a devastating recession. McCain may have had a similar stimulus liability... though money redirected toward a different agenda.

My point earlier was that we are all going to be taxed to compensate for the policy and fiscal decisions that are made and it will have an impact on our normal spending liberties.

I agree, this was well put together on your part.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='822051' date='Mar 20 2009, 09:32 AM
I agree... The guy is spending way to much time picking NCAA brackets and bullshitting on television shows... This is the toughest job in the world right now... Let's get to work! The inauguration is over...
Listen, I stay out of political arguments because they never go anywhere. But, I do like to take shots at both sides when a flank is exposed, so here goes:

Yeah, he should be doing serious president stuff like golfing, cutting brush on his ranch, or reading My Pet Goat while some guys are flying planes into the WTC. BTW: Bush spent more time on vacation than any previous president: 490 days at the Crawford ranch, and 487 days at Camp David. Flame on motherf*ckers!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='822004' date='Mar 20 2009, 06:16 AM
no. i am not an obama supporter, but i dont hate the guy. i hate the obama supporters who think he cannot do or say anything wrong. it was a good gaffe and i just wanted to spread the word of a good screw up from the mouth of the guy that many place just above jesus