Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 06:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

hi i have just been looking at my posts statistics,and the duration of my e60 activity,surprised myself a little how silent i have been possibly my opinions have private and selective or just that i have nothing worthy to contribute to the forum,?.
i am also a radio ham a licensed operator who can communicate by any means or other,ie morse,data traffic or voice,telivision ,satelite etc . throughout the world in a public way not private aas the world can eavesdrop my personal comments on a one to one basis with fellow licensed operators using a callsign,unique to me and registered to me and my radio station which i have sole resposibility for.
the internet is totally different isnt it,somewaht anonimous,but traceable with some effort to identify the individual?
The point:
Really it is to say that i have spent a considerable amount of time on this forum readig most posts,all have been interesting some on human understandings and perspectives anmd mostly on technical enquirey and advice , sharing a common knowledge in our hobbies and pastimes with a common ground in this case bmw e60.
This is all similar to ham/amatuer radio. to which my license states; self training and experimental activiities......i suppose thats the attraction.

therefore 2007 should be more posts and less listening.make a voice be known!
because that is the illness that ham radio posseses today no transmission and to many listeners....result lose the airways and band allocation.
so keep posting and keep e60 .net ....(i say to myself) only 288 posts since nov 2004 pathetic, possibly 500hours on air time.
so if you read this and say thank god you have been silent and go back to sleep again ,i will understand.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Glad to have you transition from listen mode to talk mode radioham. Don't forget that a few of those 200 odd posts were helping figure out some radio antenna issues -- I remember saying in one post a while back something like "anyone out there familiar with radios and antennas" and bingo, there you were!