Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Posting addicts

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 05:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i SE Black Saphire, Black Dakota Leather, 116 type alloys

Since I found out about this forum I think I've become a bit of an addict. Whenever I get some time during lunchtime at work, I login and have a read through what's going on within the E60 Forum.

What I want to know is how some of you guys are able to find the time for the volume of posts that you seem to have on the site? Am I in the wrong job or ???

If any of you posting addicts can give me some pointers in how to find more time for the forum, I'd be grateful. (Or get me a job working with one of you!)

I've tried to spend more time on the forum at home, but either the kids are surfin the net and playing games, or the missus is getting me to do jobs around the house.

I need help (or therapy) I think!
Old 11-18-2005, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

32 posts and you think you've become an addict? ALLREADY?

Well, if there'S somone who really needs therapy... it's me...

Anyways, owning a company I don't have a Boss that complains when I am surfing the net. But most of the time I am online in the evening hours and at night, since I am not sleeping much and stay up half of the night. Bad TV programm at night makes you surfing the net. Most of my posts are made in between 8pm and 2am (GMT+1), that's the main time I am online.
But as you can see on this post, there's allways some time you can use in the office... if you're the Boss...
Old 11-18-2005, 06:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='199997' date='Nov 18 2005, 02:47 PM

Anyways, owning a company I don't have a Boss that complains when I am surfing the net. But most of the time I am online in the evening hours and at night, since I am not sleeping much and stay up half of the night. Bad TV programm at night makes you surfing the net. Most of my posts are made in between 8pm and 2am (GMT+1), that's the main time I am online.
But as you can see on this post, there's allways some time you can use in the office... if you're the Boss...
I know I've only made a small number of posts since joining, but I'm still working my way through as much of the information on everyone else's posts as I can. (Don't want to keep asking the same questions as everyone else has already asked if I can help it).

My boss is away today, so I have one screen set to "work mode" and the other (smaller and less noticeable) screen with the forum active.

I think it's probably too late for you to get any help at this late stage, but maybe I can save myself before I become a true addict like you?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:28 AM
Senior Members

Hey Iceman, can I come work for you? No penalties or warnings if I'm on the E60 site?

I've become and addict myself. Although I might not have as much opinions and posts as a lot of the people in this forum, I still enjoy logging in and reading people's opinion. I must admit I do peek at the site when I'm at work, but I don't leave it on for more than 5 minutes, our IT people might tell on me <_< . I do most of my viewing at night, I have no kids and a wife that understands .

Don't worry....you're not alone
Old 11-18-2005, 07:29 AM
JDN
Contributors

Posting and reading this forum is good for you and your job too. It keeps you sharp. You just breeze through work so you can get back to see what's new on the forum. Your boss should appreciate that. So, don't try to get over it, just get with it.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JDN' post='200069' date='Nov 18 2005, 04:29 PM
Posting and reading this forum is good for you and your job too. It keeps you sharp. You just breeze through work so you can get back to see what's new on the forum. Your boss should appreciate that. So, don't try to get over it, just get with it.

I never thought about it like that. I'll give it a try on my boss when he's back next Monday and see if he gives me the thumbs up or just a P45.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530d High Executive

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='199997' date='Nov 18 2005, 03:47 PM

Do you work in the automotive industry? because you always seem to know a lot of technical details on the e60
Old 11-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

No kids and no wife telling me to do work around the house, so more time for the net.

And don't worry you are not addicted yet, me on the other hand needs to cut it down.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

My internet use is closely monitored and 90% of the forums on the web are usually blocked from view as "expressly forbidden as sexually explicit or entertainment material? That?s at home, now at work?.

No, no I have that wrong.. it?s the other way around.

Anyway, when I fall out of my cube laughing from somrthing I've seen in the "Lounge", I simply tell my boss how much better I am feeling and he should be happy I am not feeling bad and pulling down the morale (or is it morals) of my work mates.

Besides at home my best connection is 28.8kbs so if I can get thrrough the "monitoring" I only view videos and the like at work.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Contributors

OMG Iceman you have 10000+ posts. That is a WHACK !! . You are GOD my friend.

Quick Reply: Posting addicts