Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Poor kids in Amazon - WARNING: DISTURBING VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Sports, Premium and dynamic packages

Mel, I am a Discovery Chanel addict; however, if you ever have a chance to watch the show called "Tabu" you will realize that indian tribes are as raw as they come, some of the rituals they perform are truly shocking to our civilization...not to mention hard to comprehend.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by ValE60' post='765157' date='Jan 11 2009, 02:01 PM
Mel, I am a Discovery Chanel addict; however, if you ever have a chance to watch the show called "Tabu" you will realize that indian tribes are as raw as they come, some of the rituals they perform are truly shocking to our civilization...not to mention hard to comprehend.
dont know if i want to see that.. i like that channel also.. taub-u say? maybe ill try to check it out.. im always on those channels.. lately though all i watch is "swat" and "manhunters" i swear i wanna change my career when i watch those shows..lol.. ill search for it.. thanks Val
Old 01-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

OMg WTF is wrong with people how can anyone actually do this...
Old 01-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

There's not much stuff that I cannot stomach, but I couldn't watch this to the end. Being a parent of children of similar ages to those in the clip, it was just too much.

I don't think anyone from a civilized society could fullly understand why they do this, in this manner, or would ever want to.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

I watch a lot of TLC, Discovery, & National Geo. but I have never seen or heard of such a ritual. This video is disturbing on its face (and that seems to be the intent) but, if you pay close attention to the way this thing is shot, the editing, and the content itself, I am inclined to think this thing was staged, a re-enactment or both.
Think about this:
Have you ever seen video of a 'rite' that is missing, the ritual........there are just a few people standing around......no drumming, no chanting, no dancing, no crowd, no tribe elders, no shaman, no nothing.

There is some very slick shooting and editing that is very fishy.
Close up of the dirt as the child squirms.
Camera angles shots from the victims' perspective.
The man never appears to stump where the child's face would be.
There seems to be a bamboo tube (snorkel)sticking out of the dirt after the first child is buried.
The footage includes shots from high above the hole as the guy digs. Boom camera setup.
Shots that can only be made with the camera inside the hole.

Why would the little boy bring his sister to the hole, knowing she was next.
Why (if this was a real ritual) would a little boy be able to shove the adult out of the way and retrive the second child, with little or no reaction form the adult.
Why would a man that claims "I wanted to die with him" not lift a finger to save his nephew.

Someone has gone through a lot of trouble and expence trying to fool you into thinking you are watching a child being killed, ask yourself why.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

It's great to hear the sanctimonious outrage, but where have these voices been for the last 200 years that the native peoples of Brasil and elsewhere have been murdered, starved, and forced off their land? Companies have been pillaging the rainforest for years destroying what hunter-gather tribes need to survive. They sell the wood for yachts and luxury car interiors, the minerals for cosmetics, and the cattle that graze on the now treeless landscape make great porterhouse steaks and provide the leather needed for car seats, pricey shoes, belts, coats, etc. We're all complicit.

Now, we're shown this amateurish "documentary" and we're suddenly offended? Who benefits from this "rainforest indians kill their childern" propaganda? The very people who profit from getting rid of them, that's who. This whole video is a set up from the get-go. It's obviously fake and is intended to turn negative attention on those who are trying to preserve their way of life, which I seriously doubt includes what we see in this inflammatory video. They probably paid them a pittance and had them act out this farce not knowing what really was going on.

How many innocent babies are killed everyday by "collateral damage" by military forces, or die of starvation or AIDS in Africa? Have you been there? Have you seen this shit? Have you done anything about it? Aren't we so quick to condemn the perceived actions of people we know nothing about while smugly feeling so superior sitting in our nice warm homes and luxury cars? Think of it the next time you buy some cheap sweatshop-produced plastic crap at Wal-Mart or anywhere else.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

And after a little digging (no pun intended):

About the making of this film
"No children were hurt in the making of this film. The burial scenes although very real looking were done with cinematic tricks right out of Hollywood. In fact Hollywood director David L. Cunningham used chocolate cake not even real dirt. A game was made out of the scene where all the children were invited to eat the ?dirt? and then through trick photography and editing the burials scenes were crafted. The young child playing Hakani drank from a puddle of chocolate milk and ate gummy worms......."

http://theedger.org/2008/09/29/hakani-and-...-a-road-to-hel/
Old 01-12-2009, 06:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='765768' date='Jan 12 2009, 10:33 AM
It's great to hear the sanctimonious outrage, but where have these voices been for the last 200 years that the native peoples of Brasil and elsewhere have been murdered, starved, and forced off their land? Companies have been pillaging the rainforest for years destroying what hunter-gather tribes need to survive. They sell the wood for yachts and luxury car interiors, the minerals for cosmetics, and the cattle that graze on the now treeless landscape make great porterhouse steaks and provide the leather needed for car seats, pricey shoes, belts, coats, etc. We're all complicit.

Now, we're shown this amateurish "documentary" and we're suddenly offended? Who benefits from this "rainforest indians kill their childern" propaganda? The very people who profit from getting rid of them, that's who. This whole video is a set up from the get-go. It's obviously fake and is intended to turn negative attention on those who are trying to preserve their way of life, which I seriously doubt includes what we see in this inflammatory video. They probably paid them a pittance and had them act out this farce not knowing what really was going on.

How many innocent babies are killed everyday by "collateral damage" by military forces, or die of starvation or AIDS in Africa? Have you been there? Have you seen this shit? Have you done anything about it? Aren't we so quick to condemn the perceived actions of people we know nothing about while smugly feeling so superior sitting in our nice warm homes and luxury cars? Think of it the next time you buy some cheap sweatshop-produced plastic crap at Wal-Mart or anywhere else.
+1, Amen brother......absolutely spot on!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Sports, Premium and dynamic packages

Thanks MiamiPhill and CWS530,
I actually feel a little better after some of Phill's digging and CWS530 propaganda analysis. I am a native of Brasil (Rio de Janeiro) so when I first saw the video there was a strange feeling that invaded my mind and obviously it only goes down hill from there...

I am an avid Discovery, Science and History Channel follower and I have seen some pretty shocking rituals performed throughout the world, but never anything like this!!! I feel better...it's hard to watch negative publicity from my native country.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Contributors

All I heard was blah blah on the money blah blah?