Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Police brutality in Moscow

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first cayenn(techart?) looked nice
Old 04-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='857532' date='Apr 24 2009, 03:56 PM
Anyone else feel like moving to Moscow now?

Didn't think so...
Why,.. is USA or UK any better?

Over here in UK the police make up a list of people who they think are involved in terrorism. Then one early morning they go smash the doors down and cuff all of the suspects in their various homes etc. The cops make a big hoohaa about it all and how these so called terrorists were planning to bomb this and that... only to release them a couple of days later because there really wasn't any hard or proper evidence.

I put myself in the shoes of one of those guys caught and I figure, I would never like or want to have that treatment. I could never want to be seen outside my house street ever despite being innocent. However the doubt will remain. So what real difference is UK to Moscow. We all live in a stalin like state these days.

I read somewhere that UK is the most 'watch' CCTV country in europe. Thats scary!!! Wonder what ever happened to the law, Innocent until proven guilty. Now its the opposite. We are all guilty or anything and have to be proven innocent.

cheers
Old 04-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Members

Best part was when the cameraman accidently noticed the

the real suspects vehicle slowly passing by a few feet from

them.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='858710' date='Apr 26 2009, 12:41 AM
Why,.. is USA or UK any better?

Over here in UK the police make up a list of people who they think are involved in terrorism. Then one early morning they go smash the doors down and cuff all of the suspects in their various homes etc. The cops make a big hoohaa about it all and how these so called terrorists were planning to bomb this and that... only to release them a couple of days later because there really wasn't any hard or proper evidence.

I put myself in the shoes of one of those guys caught and I figure, I would never like or want to have that treatment. I could never want to be seen outside my house street ever despite being innocent. However the doubt will remain. So what real difference is UK to Moscow. We all live in a stalin like state these days.

I read somewhere that UK is the most 'watch' CCTV country in europe. Thats scary!!! Wonder what ever happened to the law, Innocent until proven guilty. Now its the opposite. We are all guilty or anything and have to be proven innocent.

cheers
I kind of agree with you on this one. It's not the first time i've seen human rights being stomped on, and I'm not talking about Moscow only, or Russia. And as years go by i fear the worst is yet to come. Chip implantation anyone? We're beginning to look like cattle in those days, being only good at working hard paying our taxes and going to vote when asked to.