Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Poeple 50 pounds overweight and more=easy mod?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking based on the fact that here in american atleast the obese population is ridiculously high and wondering if there are a fair number of overweight people-by 50 pounds or more driving modded bimmers? I have totally seen tons of overweight dudes eating burgers while removing their spare tire (literally the spare in the car) for weight reduction yet they are walking around with 50 or more pounds of a spare tire on themselves. I just think it is funny people are unwilling to lose the weight for not only health/looks but spending dough on moddding cars and they have a good weight reduction mod just waiiting to happen.

Gosh america is fat

On an off note-anyone else chuckle when they see a HUGE dude squeezed into a Z roadster or miata or some car like that-never seems to be the small slim dudes driving those things. I am a slimmer 6 foot dude and still "needed" the room of the 5 to feel normal. How anyone can drive a Z or 3 series is beyond me-always been girly cars to me anyway
Old 05-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by sleepyca31' post='424300' date='May 14 2007, 09:20 PM
I am thinking based on the fact that here in american atleast the obese population is ridiculously high and wondering if there are a fair number of overweight people-by 50 pounds or more driving modded bimmers? I have totally seen tons of overweight dudes eating burgers while removing their spare tire (literally the spare in the car) for weight reduction yet they are walking around with 50 or more pounds of a spare tire on themselves. I just think it is funny people are unwilling to lose the weight for not only health/looks but spending dough on moddding cars and they have a good weight reduction mod just waiiting to happen.

Gosh america is fat

On an off note-anyone else chuckle when they see a HUGE dude squeezed into a Z roadster or miata or some car like that-never seems to be the small slim dudes driving those things. I am a slimmer 6 foot dude and still "needed" the room of the 5 to feel normal. How anyone can drive a Z or 3 series is beyond me-always been girly cars to me anyway
Ooh, can't wait for the replies to that one.....
Old 05-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dawi' post='424307' date='May 14 2007, 01:31 PM
Ooh, can't wait for the replies to that one.....
Well you englishmen may not understand just what a fat epidemic the U.S is going through-I am SURE someone from the USA can vouch for this
Old 05-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Members

Capitalism affecting the US bottom line...lol.

Why use real sugar when we can use cheaper, unhealthier high fructose corn syrup. Chicken...why raise them the healthy way??? Its cheaper to mass produce them and pump them full of steroids and antibiotics. I do not even want to get started on USDA BEEF!

But you do raise a valid point...a FAT BASTARD who has the $$$ to buy a M5 or 550i can easily pay $4-$5 for a dozen organic eggs and $6 organic orange juice. Hmmmm.

Why are they still fat?
Old 05-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

wow,what a can of worms!
Old 05-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by sleepyca31' post='424313' date='May 14 2007, 09:47 PM
Well you englishmen may not understand just what a fat epidemic the U.S is going through-I am SURE someone from the USA can vouch for this
Believe me we in the UK are following your US epidemic very rapidly just as we follow most things US eventually! Remember we have all your international fast food joints now, McD, BK, KFC as well as all the American style pizza joints that have as much in common with Italy as a straight Catholic Priest.

I personally need to lose around 30 pounds so I'm afraid I'm part of the problem although I eat well not cheap but doesn't seem to help the waist line now I'm the wrong side of 40.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by dawi' post='424337' date='May 14 2007, 04:55 PM
Believe me we in the UK are following your US epidemic very rapidly just as we follow most things US eventually! Remember we have all your international fast food joints now, McD, BK, KFC as well as all the American style pizza joints that have as much in common with Italy as a straight Catholic Priest.

I personally need to lose around 30 pounds so I'm afraid I'm part of the problem although I eat well not cheap but doesn't seem to help the waist line now I'm the wrong side of 40.
The problem is not only 'what' you eat, but "ho much" of it you eat. To say that someone is overweight is to imply a set standard, e.g., BMI, fat to body ratio, etc. Let's face it, if you can't fit comfortable in a bimmer, by a truck or SUV. I could care less if anyone is "overweight" as long as they don't drag down the health system cost and don't get me my way. Skinny people can be unhealthy too.

We (US) like in a world of convenience, so we try to work hard and "pay" for the convenience. It' harder to loss 50 body pounds than to lose 50 car weight pounds.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Banned

Ya I wasnt knocking anyone who needs to lose weight but just as of late I have seemed to see an inordinate amount of overweight bimmer drivers cruising around and met a few randomly who started telling me about their various mods (one guy had a Z4 and must have been 250)-and all I could think about would be man how much faster that guys car would feel if he dropped 70 pounds.

And by the way-skinny people can be unhealthy but fat and overweightness in itself is always worse than being skinny. A skinny person who happens to eat whatever they want and stay thin simply burns up the calories faster and either way his heart is working way less-being fat just is a ton of problems-anyway that is for another board

Anyway just an observation-life is busy and losing weight is tough no doubt
Old 05-15-2007, 01:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Americans have institutionalized excess and waste with an emphasis on fleeting self gratification that ignores the lasting consequences of our decisions. We are trashing our bodies, society, and our precious planet.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:41 AM
AlB
Senior Members

Moderators,

I see no need for this type of thread. Please delete

Quick Reply: Poeple 50 pounds overweight and more=easy mod?