Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Picked up a e46 m3

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3
Default Picked up a e46 m3

I've been looking for a another car for a while, I was looking a 535i, 135i's and M5's. I didn't necessarily want to get rid of my e60, and the M5's would be the same body style except with a better performance engine, suspension etc. I started looking up e46's m3's and found one last week that I pulled the trigger on Monday. It has a Dinan s1 package with full exhaust, chip, suspension, struts etc. Its a pretty fast car coming from my 525i, and even though it has balls out speed, I still really love my 525i.

Apologies for the crappy pics in advance, I've been busy all week but will get some better ones this weekend when it cools down.

Name:  aCwRj0i.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  499.1 KB
Name:  PJPTcnT.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  37.7 KB

Not a fan of the gloss black rims or the tint, so that will be worked on soon and get new badges since they are faded. Overall its in good condition and I could make a few grand selling it right now for the price I paid. Not sure what plans I have for it yet, maybe a supercharger down the line.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

congrats phil, she's a beauty....

nice "before" pics
Old 10-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Nice man. I've been looking to purchase an e46 m3 also. I'm not digging the black wheels also. The ride looks pretty clean overall. What color is the interior?
Old 10-04-2013, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Nice man. I've been looking to purchase an e46 m3 also. I'm not digging the black wheels also. The ride looks pretty clean overall. What color is the interior?
Thanks. The interior is black. I'm thinking of what color I should go with on the wheels, I just really hate gloss black.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Very nice Phil! Welcome to M3 club... Agreed on the gloss black wheels, not a huge fan. Maybe something in a gunmetal gray kind of finish.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Thanks. The interior is black. I'm thinking of what color I should go with on the wheels, I just really hate gloss black.
Yea, not many options when you really think about it. LOL Thats why I decided to go with the Brushed Gold.

IMHO bronze would look pretty dope against the red tho.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Yea, not many options when you really think about it. LOL Thats why I decided to go with the Brushed Gold.

IMHO bronze would look pretty dope against the red tho.
ironman theme...seen it done on a few e92 m3's...looks great..
Old 10-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Contributors

So I was looking to spend much on redoing the stock wheels so I'm going to try a new plasti dip that was released. Anthracite Grey, with a coat of gloss. I normally wouldn't dip wheels but I was really impressed with the new line.
https://www.dipyourcar.com/plasti-di...-grey-can.html

It actually has a bronze look to it. I'll post up pics this weekend of the car. I believe the car was just reprinted so it looks like new. I'll need to polish and wax seal as well.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Gene
ironman theme...seen it done on a few e92 m3's...looks great..

Originally Posted by tex_phil
So I was looking to spend much on redoing the stock wheels so I'm going to try a new plasti dip that was released. Anthracite Grey, with a coat of gloss. I normally wouldn't dip wheels but I was really impressed with the new line.
https://www.dipyourcar.com/plasti-di...-grey-can.html

It actually has a bronze look to it. I'll post up pics this weekend of the car. I believe the car was just reprinted so it looks like new. I'll need to polish and wax seal as well.
They have gold too! Post pics. I'm still not completely sold on full plastidip jobs on anything other than accent pieces. The finished product looks dope whenever that buff dude does in the youtube clips but all the dipped cars and wheels I've seen in person look mickey mouse-ish. …

Maybe some noob on the e46 forums who has stocks is willing to trade
Old 10-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Contributors

I ordered some OEM bmw and m3 badges for the rear. After having many BMW emblems, I've concluded most anything that isn't OEM is going to fall apart pretty quickly. I've had roundels fall off and hit my windshield on the freeway! I decided to stick with stock colors on this, and I also managed to verify the car thru dinan and bought the Dinan badge. It costs $50 for some reason but it will add value to the car since I already have 15 points worth of Dinan mods on the car, might as well have the rear logo! To my suprise its impossible almost to buy the badges off ebay or even find fake ones. The authentic ones that are for sale can sometimes fetch $100's of dollars. Hopefully the badge won't get swiped by someone in parking lots.

Quick Reply: Picked up a e46 m3