Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Performance Center Driving Schools

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 09:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

In addition to getting delivery at the performance center, I thought that I would like to take one of there driving schools. I got some dates for the 1 day (car control skills) in October, and in November for the 2 day advanced. Want to take one before I get the delivery. That way I will be more experienced when I am on the track at the delivery.

For those who might have taken them, do you need to take the 1 day and then the 2 day, or will the 2day cover what was in the first round? I was just thinking of the 2 day course.

Probably not possible to do them both, due to time constraints. If the two classes were closer together, then maybe.

Also plan to do some BMWCCA stuff also.

As a another thought, maybe one of the driving schools, like Bob Bondurant or something.

TIA

p.s. Couldn't really think of place to put it, so went ahead and put in the lounge. Hope it get enough traffic.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Sorry I don't have a specific answer but in case you haven't seen it, here is a link to the Performance Center's driving school page.

To get a solid answer to your question, you might as well call them at 888-345-4269.

I've done a bunch of different schools over the years and they're all a blast. One thing you should know about the Performance Center delivery -- time on the track is pretty limited. It's a small part of the entire day and is geared towards people who've not had much time on a track. The main focus is on demonstrating the proper use of some of the safety features of the car like emergency stopping with ABS, DSC, etc. They spend some time going over the proper seating position, proper mirror adjustments, etc. too.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:41 AM
Contributors

Thanks Rudy. I remember you saying that there was limited time on the track when you take performance delivery. That's why I was looking into the actual classes before had so I can take advantage of the time during delivery.

When I talked to the lady at the Center, she called to give me the dates of classes, she said that the 2 day's 1st day was similar to the 1day class. But the website says that the 2 day takes of from where the 1 day class ends, so I am a little confused.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Contributors

I took the 2 day class for two reasons... twice as much fun and the BMW car buffet. Yes, you drive all models on the track at high speed. Otherwise, not a lot different from first day; drive X5 over their course-fun too, more skid-pad and more track time.