Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

People I hate at the gym

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

What gym were you in.... That sounds just like my gym...
Old 03-31-2011, 12:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by craigm1841
I hate teenagers at the gym who use the bench in front of my 100 lb dumbells, causing me to have to pick up 200 lbs of weight and walk across the gym with it to the open bench in front of the 20s, which they are using anyway.

I hate pencil armed high school kids who wear wifebeaters and sleveless shirts.

I hate teenagers that use gloves and straps. I am doing t-bar rows with 6 45 lb plates, surely you dont need straps for shrugs with 45 lb dumbells.

I hate kids who wear oversized baseball caps in the gym.

----

My gym doesnt have many children. I pay $70 a month and work out at the top gym in the Hyde Park neigborhood of Tampa because, quite frankly, the best looking people in town are there, and the gym in maintained very well. I am just giving the OP crap because of his age.

Now that I have picked on the children I have a few other pet peeves at the gym:

--People asking me for advice and then telling me a better way of doing it. I am 6'2" 240 lbs. I benchpress trucks and eat children for protien. If you are 150 lbs, get the fuck away from me with advice, especially when you are asking for it.

--I dont mind people talking, but get off of the machine I want to use. If you want to excercise your jaw, you dont need the smith machine for that, I have shrugs to do.

--Guys who hit on women they clearly should not be talking to. I am a fit, good looking guy and I leave women alone at the gym, even if I see them looking at me, so fat old guy with your hairy balls showing out of the bottom of your shorts, leave them alone.

--Personal trainers who think they have priority on a bench. If I am done using it, you can stand there in my presence keeping your mouth shut until I am done. I will let you know when you can use it. If I am in a good mood, you can work in.

--On that last note, I hate out of shape personal trainers. Same way I hate fat doctors and mechanics who cant get to work on time because their car broke down. Have some pride in what you do. Clients want someone who is clearly passionate about fitness and Nutrition. Otherwise you are just going through the motions.

--There is a guy who wears patchouli oil at the gym. It gags people. A lot of people have complained, including trainers. there is no rule against smells in the gym. this pisses me off.
simmer down testabol..... jeezus
Old 03-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

I don't mind the gym
Old 03-31-2011, 04:57 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
I don't mind the gym
Lmao best post ever
Old 03-31-2011, 06:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

this was priceless to read lol!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

I don't have any stories because I just lift things up and put them down!!

I wanted to play with the OP's story and change a few words just to see the effect. Here goes:

Too many women. I mean seriously ever since they dropped the price every single type of woman is coming....and many of these women are knowledgeable and make me feel ignorant. They keep the area very neat and just hang around the machines talking to men. The gym was perfect before but now its just unbearable.

-Parking. Due to the recent increase in women.... parking is so easy now, since none of them take two or three spots to protect their precious Bimmers.

-Women in the locker room. Stop walking around naked ladies, please. I don't want to see your privates in my dreams and please for the love of god DO NOT blow dry your vaginas...that's just too much to handle! I also hate the ladies that shave in the locker room and don't ask for help.

-Women who smell great. Please you're driving me insane!

-Women who moan and make noises and slam weights. I understand you are working out but I don't need to hear you going Ahhh, ahhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhh, Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!. Then the big breasts that slam down.

-------------

I don't know, I'm just nuts like that, but I would definitely sign up at a gym like the above.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Contributors

^^^This is awesome!^^^
Old 04-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I just don't like those self-obsessed assholes, who bench 100lb dumbbells and think they own the gym!

100lb per arm flys? That's diesel, SSAWN! Nice

Honestly, at my gym, I just hate it when some douche starts taking up equipment, while talking on the phone, and those teenage "gym partners", who only come to talk shit. I try to save as much time as possible, I time my breaks and keep up my heart rate. Getting in the way are all those, who don't keep up the pace and come to do anything other than to put in work.

I also hate it when workers start telling you to leave 15mins before closing time - WTF is up with that?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I just don't like those self-obsessed assholes, who bench 100lb dumbbells and think they own the gym!

100lb per arm flys? That's diesel, SSAWN! Nice

Honestly, at my gym, I just hate it when some douche starts taking up equipment, while talking on the phone, and those teenage "gym partners", who only come to talk shit. I try to save as much time as possible, I time my breaks and keep up my heart rate. Getting in the way are all those, who don't keep up the pace and come to do anything other than to put in work.

I also hate it when workers start telling you to leave 15mins before closing time - WTF is up with that?
haha- I wish. 100 lb presses. The dumbells only go up to 100s, so I am at a brick wall, I am getting a solid 8 reps out of them after a set of 80s, another set of 90s. I can incline 90s, and incline fly about 65s now. I use a machine for flys. I do the whole stack. it says like 280, but every machine is different, and who knows what that 280 really means.

I have been lifting and dieting pretty hard for about 6 months now, and I have of course lifted off and on before. I could talk all day about this, so i'll just stop.

and skele- testabol is not a compound! sounds like you mixed test (which is a pretty general term for a TYPE of compound) and dianabol together to make one word!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841
haha- I wish. 100 lb presses. The dumbells only go up to 100s, so I am at a brick wall, I am getting a solid 8 reps out of them after a set of 80s, another set of 90s. I can incline 90s, and incline fly about 65s now. I use a machine for flys. I do the whole stack. it says like 280, but every machine is different, and who knows what that 280 really means.

I have been lifting and dieting pretty hard for about 6 months now, and I have of course lifted off and on before. I could talk all day about this, so i'll just stop.

and skele- testabol is not a compound! sounds like you mixed test (which is a pretty general term for a TYPE of compound) and dianabol together to make one word!
You on dat dere Tren or HMG?

Quick Reply: People I hate at the gym