Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Pastor beat up on camera

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 03:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='881690' date='May 18 2009, 02:01 AM
excessive force is still excessive force.

Breaking the window and pulling him out is one thing. If he was to resist after that then stun him. The people who did this are complete assholes. To many cops think they can do whatever they want because they have a badge and a gun. They should all get fired and get sued.
I agree. The police has every right to break his window and pull him out of his car and take him into custody. Tasing him and beating the crap out of this suspect seemed quite excessive. But this does explain why on the few times I've ever been pulled over, I have been surgary sweet and have avoided confrontation even when the officer has sought it. That happened to me about a year ago when I was pulled over in Brooklyn for allegedly taking on a cell phone while operating a vehicle. It was a false charge because I was using my then Infiniti M45's headfree bluetooth system. The officer came over to the car and starting yelling at me asking, do you know why you were pulled over.?". I told her that I did not. She told me, "come, on admit that you were using a cell phone". She was literally shouting at me (with my son Victor in the back)

I told her that she and I seemed to have an honest disagreement, that I had no desire to argue with a police officer and that I'd present my case to the judge. That seemed to calm her down as she seemed to be looking for a confrontation.

I thought that the officer's behavior was totally over the top. I remained calm and respectful not out of respect (because she knew damn well that she was lying (in that I did no have a cell phone in hand)) but out of fear.

I don't believe that peaceful resisting without violence gives the arresting officer an excuse to beat the crap out of a suspect.

I hope that these officers are investigated over this incident and, if guilt is found, the proper sanctions meted out.

Many cops are good people. Some are not. Just like every other profession.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550iReno, NV
Model Year: 2008

Sorry guys I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. I am not a cop and do not even really like most cops, but when one says get out of your car. GET THE F#$% OUT OF YOUR CAR. I do not care if it was the Pope himself, do what the man tells you. My wife and I got ?Detained? because two black males over 6? tall (my wife is 5?3? and I am 5?6?) had robbed a 7-11 in the same color car as ours. When they said get out, we got out. Afterwords, I called them every name in the book right to their faces, and they only said they were sorry and have a nice day.

This guy wanted to cause a problem. I have no doubt that there is more to his side then he is saying.

He was crossing the Mexico to US border he has NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY. If after they searched his car he went home and found that an abnomailly large precentage of white males age 40-50 where being called out for further screening he could ask why, but not at the border.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 05-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tjleeland' post='882129' date='May 18 2009, 03:27 PM
Sorry guys I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. I am not a cop and do not even really like most cops, but when one says get out of your car. GET THE F#$% OUT OF YOUR CAR. I do not care if it was the Pope himself, do what the man tells you. My wife and I got ?Detained? because two black males over 6? tall (my wife is 5?3? and I am 5?6?) had robbed a 7-11 in the same color car as ours. When they said get out, we got out. Afterwords, I called them every name in the book right to their faces, and they only said they were sorry and have a nice day.

This guy wanted to cause a problem. I have no doubt that there is more to his side then he is saying.

He was crossing the Mexico to US border he has NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY. If after they searched his car he went home and found that an abnomailly large precentage of white males age 40-50 where being called out for further screening he could ask why, but not at the border.

Just my 2 cents...
I agree that the police had every right to break his window, pull him out of his car, arrest him and take him into custody. The tasering/beating the crap out of him, however, seemed very excessive to me as there was no indication that he was resisting with violence. I am sure that that will be investigated.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='881623' date='May 18 2009, 12:31 AM

WAIT FOR IT:
Old 05-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='881829' date='May 18 2009, 06:39 AM
A fine example of post-whoring by juris. Post count increased by 3.
Hey sdg - I was just as surprised as anyone when I signed in today and saw the 4 posts. I have no idea why or how that happened. In all my time as a member I have not had that happen. I do not know nor care how many posts I have.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by juris335' post='882481' date='May 18 2009, 08:21 PM
Hey sdg - I was just as surprised as anyone when I signed in today and saw the 4 posts. I have no idea why or how that happened. In all my time as a member I have not had that happen. I do not know nor care how many posts I have.
I was kidding. No offense meant.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='881710' date='May 18 2009, 02:12 AM
One more time...
I love Daft Punk ! =D

I agree that the police had every right to break his window, pull him out of his car, arrest him and take him into custody. The tasering/beating the crap out of him, however, seemed very excessive to me as there was no indication that he was resisting with violence. I am sure that that will be investigated.
agreed
Old 05-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ShadeZeRO' post='882498' date='May 18 2009, 05:42 PM
I love Daft Punk ! =D

agreed

Ok well the pastor was lawfully ordered to exit his vehicle. He locked his doors and had his windows all the way up with a camera out. He refused to comply with a lawful order at a lawful checkpoint. Honestly what did he expect to have happen?

As far as a safety issue is concerned, when the officers gave him that last lawful ultimatum, and he refused he presented a clear and present threat to everyone around him. Claiming your innocent and refusing to cooperate equals force.

He had plenty of time to not be a douche, but he was extremely argumentative and cut off the officer multiple times. He's lucky thats all that happened to him
Old 05-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='882511' date='May 18 2009, 09:02 PM
Ok well the pastor was lawfully ordered to exit his vehicle. He locked his doors and had his windows all the way up with a camera out. He refused to comply with a lawful order at a lawful checkpoint. Honestly what did he expect to have happen?

As far as a safety issue is concerned, when the officers gave him that last lawful ultimatum, and he refused he presented a clear and present threat to everyone around him. Claiming your innocent and refusing to cooperate equals force.

He had plent of time to not be a douche, but he was extremely argumentative and cut off the officer multiple times. He's lucky thats all that happened to him
The Police are always right. They never do anything wrong. As a matter of fact.... outside the job, most of them spend their free time volunteering for charity events.

Most of 'em operate under the same gang mentality that they claim to fight against. Get em one on one.... bitches!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Contributors

you know... i posted on this thread a few days ago but just watched the video for the first time...

he got what he deserved. he is a know-it-all jackass and that is that. i dont care if he is the pope or a bank robber. when i heard him whining in the beginning and acting like a know it all, i wanted to punch him in the face myself.