Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

parking violation from building department

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010 | 05:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by 08white
yes john, i did some research, that link apply to DMV, they cant give you ticket for the vehicle park inside your property, but building department can write a violation

on the violation, it says: "parking regulation in a residential district: storage and parking of a vehicle(plate) in the side yard"

guess government need money, and they try to rip off, it is $800 penalty

HOLY COW! WTF!!
Old 07-09-2010 | 05:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Bro, are you saying you got an 800 dollar ticket for parking on your own property?!?! WTF?!?! This is total BS bro! I hope you get a lawyer and go to court and rip them a new one for this shit!

As for that neighbor that probably ratted on you, throw some egg yolk on their car(s) on a hot day! Scumbags! :thumbsdown:
Old 07-09-2010 | 05:58 AM
Senior Members

Fight this. As long as a car is parked on a paved surface on YOUR property, and not obstructing the sidewalk/street, they can go fuck themselves as they have no jurisdiction.

Request a hearing to fight the ticket.
Old 07-09-2010 | 06:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Another questions come to mind are: was the side yard converted? if so, was it done legally (i.e., with a permit)?
Old 07-09-2010 | 07:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Originally Posted by NYC530XI
Fight this. As long as a car is parked on a paved surface on YOUR property, and not obstructing the sidewalk/street, they can go fuck themselves as they have no jurisdiction.

I think many of you are confusing DMV rules with building department rules. Many, if not most towns have rules about parking on your property. They do not want lawns to turn into junk lots with multiple cars parked all over. I agree this ticket is BS, but you need to find the right set of rules. From the DOB web site: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dob/html/vio...54-22-00.shtml

Background:
Inspectors in our Construction Divisions issue this type of violation. This violation is issued either as a result of a complaint, as a result of a scheduled inspection for an application, as part of a "sweep" or as part of a review of previously issued violations. The referenced section applies to the Article II: Residence District Regulations Chapter 2 - Use Regulations of the New York City Zoning Resolution. Typically violations for this provision reflect the storage of automobiles in a residential district. Zoning maps are available online at City Planning and may provide additional information. In most zoning districts, parking spaces must be at least 8.5 feet wide and 18.5 feet deep, and must be fully within the property lines. No portion may extend over the legal street or sidewalk. In most zoning districts, parking spaces are allowed only in the side or rear yards. There are some exceptions where front parking spaces are allowed. Consult with the Department of City Planning for specific zoning requirements.

If the space is not legally zoned for parking, it is a violation.
Old 07-09-2010 | 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

$800! Booooooo!
Old 07-10-2010 | 11:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

and what happens if you dont pay?
Old 07-10-2010 | 05:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535XI white
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Bro, are you saying you got an 800 dollar ticket for parking on your own property?!?! WTF?!?! This is total BS bro! I hope you get a lawyer and go to court and rip them a new one for this shit!

As for that neighbor that probably ratted on you, throw some egg yolk on their car(s) on a hot day! Scumbags! :thumbsdown:
yes, it is totally BS, getting a lawyer will probably cost more, i am not sure if anyone called or who

Originally Posted by NYC530XI

totally confused why i got it at first, then i did some research, seems like DMV cant give out a ticket for a vehicle in private property, but building department can write the violation if car is illegal parked,

Originally Posted by theXman
Another questions come to mind are: was the side yard converted? if so, was it done legally (i.e., with a permit)?
yard never converted, i need to find out if it is considered drive way or yard, or where my drive way convered

for building department cases, i think mine is small case, really frustrated for this freedom country cant park your own car in your own property free
Old 07-10-2010 | 05:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535XI white
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by robg
I think many of you are confusing DMV rules with building department rules. Many, if not most towns have rules about parking on your property. They do not want lawns to turn into junk lots with multiple cars parked all over. I agree this ticket is BS, but you need to find the right set of rules. From the DOB web site: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dob/html/vio...54-22-00.shtml

Background:
Inspectors in our Construction Divisions issue this type of violation. This violation is issued either as a result of a complaint, as a result of a scheduled inspection for an application, as part of a "sweep" or as part of a review of previously issued violations. The referenced section applies to the Article II: Residence District Regulations Chapter 2 - Use Regulations of the New York City Zoning Resolution. Typically violations for this provision reflect the storage of automobiles in a residential district. Zoning maps are available online at City Planning and may provide additional information. In most zoning districts, parking spaces must be at least 8.5 feet wide and 18.5 feet deep, and must be fully within the property lines. No portion may extend over the legal street or sidewalk. In most zoning districts, parking spaces are allowed only in the side or rear yards. There are some exceptions where front parking spaces are allowed. Consult with the Department of City Planning for specific zoning requirements.

If the space is not legally zoned for parking, it is a violation.
thanks, that space(side yard) is more than 18.5 wide and maybe 8.5 feet deep tho, not sure if that matter

i parked my 2001 330 there, then changed to 2007 FX35, then 535 now, maybe some people jealous, sigh

picture on the same street from google
Name:  parking1.bmp
Views: 9
Size:  1.48 MB
almost everyone with car park like around here
Old 07-10-2010 | 05:44 PM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

That's the biggest bullshit I've ever heard before in my life...

Quick Reply: parking violation from building department