Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: Which would you get ignoring price?
PAM 104
58.82%
PAM 088
41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Panerai owners?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Bud
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking at a Panerai currently. Of the two, my choice would be the PAM 104. As mentioned earlier, the PAM 88 looks busy with the silver dial. I am also partial to the PAM 90.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Contributors

i love Panerai Luminor Chrono Daylight. was on the path of purchase, but got sidetracked.........by a damn wedding!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

I like the 104
Old 06-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

Originally Posted by ImSort0fABigDeal' post='593852' date='Jun 2 2008, 02:51 PM
I like the 104
+1 104 is easier to read and very clean appearance.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

One thing that I do like about the 088 is the detail on both the short and long hands.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Both are Panerai's so either way you win. Both are automatics, both have date window...I like the PAM88 for the same reason you do, it looks tuff. The one thing I do not like a bout the 88 is the silver sub-dial. Panerai made a GMT that looks exactly the same as the 88 a year or two ago with a black sub-dial, the model number escapes me at the moment. It wasn't advertised in thier catalogs but it does exist. I'll PM or post when it comes to me.

If you have yet to become a member of Paneristi.com I would highly suggest joining. There are many trusted sellers there. It's also as addicting as this forum so be careful. Here is a link to the reference section of the site with model numbers and all pertinent information regarding each model number.

http://paneristi.com/reference/vendo...eframeset.html

Good Luck and let us know what you decide.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='593948' date='Jun 2 2008, 08:48 PM
Both are Panerai's so either way you win. Both are automatics, both have date window...I like the PAM88 for the same reason you do, it looks tuff. The one thing I do not like a bout the 88 is the silver sub-dial. Panerai made a GMT that looks exactly the same as the 88 a year or two ago with a black sub-dial, the model number escapes me at the moment. It wasn't advertised in thier catalogs but it does exist. I'll PM or post when it comes to me.

If you have yet to become a member of Paneristi.com I would highly suggest joining. There are many trusted sellers there. It's also as addicting as this forum so be careful. Here is a link to the reference section of the site with model numbers and all pertinent information regarding each model number.

http://paneristi.com/reference/vendo...eframeset.html

Good Luck and let us know what you decide.
Thanks D! Unfortunately, I was referred to that forum by an M5Board member. What do you think I've been burning a hole in my retina with the entire day??
Already in contact with 2 sellers from that site. Familiar with Dan Fernandez or Matteo Chillemi by any chance? Will post a thread asking for any experience with them if I do decide to get a piece from one of them.

Everyone seems to dislike the contrast of the sub-dial. I kinda like it. But what worries me about this and any other watch with anything more than a minute and hour hand is the more parts that can fail. I have a TAG Chronometer with a million hands and dials. Sure enough, a few years into ownership, it just went haywire. KISS: less things that can break and give you headaches later.

If may ask, what model(s) do you own?
Old 06-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by bmwbonehead' post='593957' date='Jun 2 2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks D! Unfortunately, I was referred to that forum by an M5Board member. What do you think I've been burning a hole in my retina with the entire day??
Already in contact with 2 sellers from that site. Familiar with Dan Fernandez or Matteo Chillemi by any chance? Will post a thread asking for any experience with them if I do decide to get a piece from one of them.

Everyone seems to dislike the contrast of the sub-dial. I kinda like it. But what worries me about this and any other watch with anything more than a minute and hour hand is the more parts that can fail. I have a TAG Chronometer with a million hands and dials. Sure enough, a few years into ownership, it just went haywire. KISS: less things that can break and give you headaches later.

If may ask, what model(s) do you own?
I've spent many an hour studying there too. I try to stay away now unless I have a good reason to be there. Just asking for a smack to the bank account. I wish I could say the same of this place.
I have never purchased there but starting a thread regarding the reputation of those sellers is completely appropriate.

There is always a chance of problems with a delicate timepiece but I wouldn't disqualify either Panerai because of it as both timepieces you are looking at are based on very reliable movements. Panerai's come with a 2yr warranty from the factory. As with any timepiece, they should go in to an authorized repair center every few years for routine maintenance.. cleaning, lubrication, gasket replacement, pressure test...blah blah.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Bud
Members

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='593948' date='Jun 2 2008, 05:48 PM
Panerai made a GMT that looks exactly the same as the 88 a year or two ago with a black sub-dial, the model number escapes me at the moment. It wasn't advertised in thier catalogs but it does exist. I'll PM or post when it comes to me.
PAM 244 The hands are slightly different.

Panerai owners?-1163611299197_pam244_fronte_sito.jpg
Old 06-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bud' post='594010' date='Jun 2 2008, 10:01 PM
PAM 244 The hands are slightly different.

Attachment 51797
Only available in 40mm?

EDIT: yup. Just looked it up. Only in 40mm. Phew. That's the last thing I needed was ANOTHER watch in contention.

Quick Reply: Panerai owners?