Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Palm Pre

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to check it out... but I hav tmobile.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 X3 LCI

Originally Posted by -Mike-' post='927608' date='Jun 29 2009, 04:23 PM
I opted for the iphone, but my brother went with the Pre. IMO, the hardware needs to be changed. It has a "cheap" feel to it. Please don't take that personally. Just my opinion. I do like the application use and dusting feature to close an app. Very very cool. One thing I hate about my iphone is only being able to run a single app at a time. Thankfully, they fixed the message alert issue in 3.0. Overall, it's still annoying.

In any case, enjoy your new phone. I don't think you can go wrong with either!
It's all good..I think that it's the best phone that Sprint has, definitely not an iphone, but if you dont wanna switch networks or have somekinda deal with Sprint, then I think it's the best phone they have... But like you said, "I don't think you can go wrong with either!"
Old 06-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

i got my pre on sunday. and guess what? the damn thing isn't working for me!! it's activated but will not allow me to get pass profile set up so i can use the phone!!

this is really frustrating because not only am i without a phone (for 2 days now and counting) but also i've been working with sprint support and palm support and still no one, and NO ONE is able to figure out what the problem is. i was in the store for two f%$#ing hours and the sales/tech team had no clue what was happening?!! we tried it with 2 palm pre and still had the same problem. so it's not the phone, maybe the network?

i spent a total of 2 1/2 hours total on phone with sprint. the first call went 1 hr 5 min (timer on phone) and then got disconnected!! uuggghhh
the second was even longer and still no resolution to the problem. for the life of me, i have no idea how i tolerate such incompetence

palm support was no better. 50 min on the phone to no avail.

i created a gmail account online (which is neccessary to sync and operate palm pre), and yet i'm unable to get pass the initial phone set up. i'm able to access my gmail acct online, however when i use the password in my palm pre i get a message stating that i'm "not in a wireless network location." wtf?! i even got this same message at the sprint store. go figure...

anyone had/has this problem, please chime in.

to make a looooonnnggggg story short, i dropped the phone off at sprint this morning and gave them this ultimatum: fix it! or refund my money and lose a 10+ year sprint customer!!

to be continued.....

OP, sorry for the theadjack but i needed to vent
Old 07-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

Sorry to hear about the problem, sounds exhausting...What phone did you have beforehand? I had the Mogul and didnt even have it with me when I went to buy it. As far as connecting everything, no issues here, I got my GMAIL, YAHOO, and FACEBOOK all sync'd...I wonder what the problem is? Either way, best of luck and keep us posted...
Old 07-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by 2004E60Beemer' post='929680' date='Jul 1 2009, 11:40 AM
Sorry to hear about the problem, sounds exhausting...What phone did you have beforehand? I had the Mogul and didnt even have it with me when I went to buy it. As far as connecting everything, no issues here, I got my GMAIL, YAHOO, and FACEBOOK all sync'd...I wonder what the problem is? Either way, best of luck and keep us posted...
thanks bro! i originally had the usual flip phone by samsung, nothing fancy but had the unlimited data pkg

well here's the latest update.... i returned the phone, car charger and touchtone charger.

heres the deal: i was told this morning that they put a "network trouble ticket" on the phone, which could take an additional 48 HOURS! to possibly get fixed. no guarantee on a resolution to this problem. this means i could be with no phone another 2 days. i told them theres no way in hell thats going to happen. so i demanded a refund.

what gets to me is that they never once offered me any other options. i was left in a loop and basically at their mercy. sprint has been fairly good to me all these years so maybe this is just an isolated incident, but definately i have been scarred by all this disservice.

i really want this phone, but at what expense?! my valuable time? maybe i should just wait till the 4th or 5th generation Pre releases.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat' post='930000' date='Jul 1 2009, 09:37 PM
thanks bro! i originally had the usual flip phone by samsung, nothing fancy but had the unlimited data pkg

well here's the latest update.... i returned the phone, car charger and touchtone charger.

heres the deal: i was told this morning that they put a "network trouble ticket" on the phone, which could take an additional 48 HOURS! to possibly get fixed. no guarantee on a resolution to this problem. this means i could be with no phone another 2 days. i told them theres no way in hell thats going to happen. so i demanded a refund.

what gets to me is that they never once offered me any other options. i was left in a loop and basically at their mercy. sprint has been fairly good to me all these years so maybe this is just an isolated incident, but definately i have been scarred by all this disservice.

i really want this phone, but at what expense?! my valuable time? maybe i should just wait till the 4th or 5th generation Pre releases.
Sorry to hear bro...Thats a risk we all take messing around with 1st generation technology..lol...hopefully I have no problems...U might wanna try the HTC Touch Pro..Is what I was gonna go with...Either way best of luck with whatever phone you choose...I'll post any problems on this thread...
Old 07-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Contributors

thanks. i think you should be fine with the Palm. just sucks it didn't work for me, then again thats the story of my life
Old 07-02-2009, 06:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

The Pre does multitasking so well, that reviewers say that "it's as if Apple developed it". It has the same general hardware chips under the hood that the 3GS has, but Palm is using the power to multitask instead of add speed (what the 3GS is doing).

I think the Pre needs to mature a bit, but it should be an incredibly viable solution by the time Sprint exclusivity ends around the end of 09. At that time, when it gets released on Verizon - it should be fantastic.