Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

one of the worst days of my life..

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: silver-gray 525i w/ nav, pdc, xenon, and comfort access

for those of you in the southern california area, more specifically pomona, please be very very cautious driving on the freeways. i received a call from a friend who informed me that one of my best friends was targeted by a drive-by freeway shooting on the 60 freeway 2 nights ago. the car was full of my friends from high school but my best friend was sitting in the front passenger seat when he was fired upon. From the sparce information available at the time, I was able to find out that he was shot in the head and is now residing at the USC hospital. His condition as of now according to official sources is extremely critical. I have spoken to his girlfriend and it was quite hard. She says 70% of his braincells are dead. Nothing like this has ever happened to me and I don't know how to react. I am feeling quite numb and don't know what to do but hope all of you well. Please be cautious around the freeways late at night. This is not the first time this has happened around the area but I pray that it is the last.

news source:http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_229080838.html
Old 08-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 523i silver, black leather , sunroof , bluetooth , pdc , M sports kit , Steptronic gear box , active stearing , active cruise control

omg that is awful realy sorry to hear that
Old 08-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Senior Members

omg that is terrible. I'm so sorry to hear about that. I also had a friend who was shot while driving, not as seriously though. My friend was shot through his hand and leg and is now missing a couple fingers because of it. I can't believe this kind of stuff happens. I hope he recovers as much as possible.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:52 AM
JDN
Contributors

There are some unbelievably ignorant people that stoop this sort of low-down, cowardly action. I would really like to have their gonads under my heel right now.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Senior Members

Sorry to hear about your friend . Unfortunately we live in a society now where this is becoming common. Seems like everytime you watch the news things like this are being reported.

I just got back from lunch with a co-worker and he told me he loaned his van to his sister over the weekend. Same area they were driving, around the Pomona are 60 Freeway. They got shot at with bibi pellets. Luckily it didn't hit the glass or it would have shattered and everyone could have gotten hurt. The passenger door got pretty deep dents and holes.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

There are some things in life that don't make any sense what so ever.

I remember being on vacation in the DC/Virginia/Maryland area in 2002 when those other two assholes were taking pot shots at people at random. I was always wondering if I'd be that unlucky to bump in to them while on hols.

There are no words to describe the abject stupidity of the actions of those guys responsible for the shooting. What possesses someone to do something like that.

If they did this to some poor dumb animal, that in itself, in my book, is grounds to have them castrated with a rusty blade.

And they go and do it randomly to members of the public. They should be hung by the gonads and made suffer excruiating pain for the rest of their time on this planet.
One can only hope that they are caught and punished severely, if not in this world, then where ever they go next.

I do hope your friend makes a full recovery.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Contributors

Old 08-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

sorr to hear that...its scar now..i did see it on the news....please becareful...ericd
Old 08-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Contributors

WTF! Seeing things like this pi**es me off. Why would anyone in the world harm another human being for absolutely no reason!?? I can't believe there are so many brainless a**es walking around the earth! People who drive up to other people and surprise attack them and runs off are total cowards! All I have to say is, if you want a piece of action, bring it on, let the guns come out, but do it to ma face, don't sneak up on people you f***ing cowards!!

To the originator, I'm sorry to hear wat happened, its hard to see your friends get hurt. I have similar experience, not completely the same but I lost a friend to a shooting, well he works for our household, but he's like my best friend too. I hope your friend make a full recovery.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

I've met and worked closely with a couple of people who have sustained a gun shot wound to the spine from drive-by incidents. To think that these were decent citizens and completely independent but now having to live the rest of their lives in a wheel chair, collecting disability because they can't resume the same line of work they've been doing for years.

Anger and hatred also overcomes me when I first hear/read about things like this happening, but in the end, I feel such sadness when I stop to think that this foolishness is still ocurring.

Thirty6,
Stay as close as you can to your friend. The support from family and friends is critical to his recovery.
So sorry to hear this news.

Quick Reply: one of the worst days of my life..