Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

OMG my habit is growing too fast.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am checking out my car too much!
whenever i park, not only am i hesitant to leave it too soon (everything is slow montion), i do 360s around it. many times i intentionally go back to open the trunk or whatever if there are other people around, just to see if they notice it a bit longer.
i also learned instinctly to radar in on any other e60s, from all angles the car just stands out. period. is it just me or is it because the design is too sharp? i cannot stop looking at it~!
i love driving very slow in a crowded streets, and i cannot stop smiling inside when any 'nice' chick(s) stares/peeps/turns at it while i pass then smiling at me.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Members

Hey Rollee

I think its one of the periods every E60 owner may go through because what you have just described is something very similar to what is happening with me these days I also seem to be going to the Sunoco Car Wash alot heh.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

It's sooooo good to see I'm not alone...

MaTRix, guess what... I spend 250 Euro in the last six weeks on car washs.

rollee, I've got that "E60-Syndrom" too.

I've just noticed something really strange...
Not that I drive smiling and take a look at every E60 I see, I just gave another E60 driver (driving in the opposite direction) a greeting with my hand, like the motorbikers do.

I think I need help
Old 07-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

Hey rollee & MaTRIX, I am starting to do the exact same thing. While walking away from my car I tend to look back often, just to get another glimps of it.

Also when driving through the city, which almost happens every day for work, I tend to drive slow so that other people can see my car. To be honest, I want to drive fast and slow at the same time, fast because I really love the way it drives and slow (safer in the city) so that other people can admire it as well, I must say that it feels like it's tearing me apart since I do not know what to do, drive slow or fast, can't do both at the same time!
Old 07-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I took my car on a nice drive today up on the Feldberg/Taunus (near Frankfurt). This beast is truly amazing. Did a lot of cornering, wonderful test drive. That's actually where some testdrivers are testing the new models (some heavingly disguised). So if you are lucky you see some testing.
That's where I have seen the 1series beeing tested about one year ago and also the M5 and the M6.
When you do ED I can highly recommend driving through the Taunus and up to the Feldberg. But you shouldn't do it any later than 4pm, since the rushhour can cause a lot of traffic in some of these smaller towns up there.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Members

Oh man, you guys are soo right about the slow/fast thing. But i jussst cannot handle driving slow while operating an ultimate driving machine the E60! ALthough at other times when im in crowded places i do tend to drive slower as you said JohanDC for ppl to admire the car etc. But i just love taking off at 5000 rpm, ( thats the max i would usually go up to just so the engine doesnt get messed up) and taking sharp turns! The breaks have saved me so many times on various occasions such as on the other night, a squirrel came on the road out of the blue, thnx to the lights and breaks, i was able to stop in time, going at 70km/h, and stopped in around 2-3 seconds. And Iceman hehe, ive probably spent around the same amount of money that you did on car washes/ cleaning the inside etc since i got the car, and do plan to take the car to the BMW SPA soon!
Old 07-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Members

Ahh yes...it all sounds familiar to me. The best part is the looks from the E39ers. Man there are a LOT of those on the road here!!
Old 07-05-2004, 09:38 PM
Senior Members

Question

so finally this world has something in common...fron USA to europe to asia....we r united under the banner of the E60. showed my wife this thread....she said we r all sad bastards.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:46 AM
JDN
Contributors

She's sort of right, but isn't it fun to have such a group to help us enjoy our machines?
Old 07-06-2004, 08:28 AM
Senior Members

I noticed that I am followed (tail-gated) and paced by others check out the E60 around town. It was disconcerting at first but I'm used to it now. It's kinda fun when a Jaguar or E39 or some other hi-end car is following me!

Quick Reply: OMG my habit is growing too fast.