Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

OFFICIAL: Southern California Chit Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by kC_GiRL' post='571254' date='Apr 29 2008, 08:32 PM
At the boiling crab meet we decided to have a Sea World meet haha, close to you Joe!!

SD also has the zoo..and on the way back up there's always lego land... get crazy and find yourself in TJ looking for a donkey show , j/k
Old 04-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

the girls want to go to sea world. some of the guys agreed that we'll just go to the wild animal park
Old 04-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='571271' date='Apr 29 2008, 08:44 PM
the girls want to go to sea world. some of the guys agreed that we'll just go to the wild animal park

so you're gonna head south across the border? j/k
Old 04-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Members

LA Heads....

I am going to the staples center Saturday night for the Avengers game. Cinco De Mayo weekend.

Going to book a hotel room at the Standard in Downtown...and just drunk it up to the game and taxi it to the club.

I do not know ANYTHING fun in downtown near Staples. Any suggestions for clubs or bars?

Personal experience is always better than finding crap online.

thanks
Old 04-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bmwpwr' post='571279' date='Apr 29 2008, 08:54 PM
LA Heads....

I am going to the staples center Saturday night for the Avengers game. Cinco De Mayo weekend.

Going to book a hotel room at the Standard in Downtown...and just drunk it up to the game and taxi it to the club.

I do not know ANYTHING fun in downtown near Staples. Any suggestions for clubs or bars?

Personal experience is always better than finding crap online.

thanks

standard downtown roof-top bar is money...and you re already staying there...the standard pool (on the roof) during the day should also be a nice place to be....

also try the edison...citysearch LA it...

if you find yourself hungry after all that drinking try and make your way to china-town...Full House is open till 3 or 4...house special pan fired noodles (chow mein), spicy salted pork-chops and or spicy salted shrimp, and some wor wonton soup can sober you up nicely or just put you to bed comfortably.....

for a nice breakfast before you head home..hit up the pantry..off of figueora and 7th i think.....
Old 04-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='571290' date='Apr 29 2008, 09:05 PM
standard downtown roof-top bar is money...and you re already staying there...the standard pool (on the roof) during the day should also be a nice place to be....

also try the edison...citysearch LA it...

if you find yourself hungry after all that drinking try and make your way to china-town...Full House is open till 3 or 4...house special pan fired noodles (chow mein), spicy salted pork-chops and or spicy salted shrimp, and some wor wonton soup can sober you up nicely or just put you to bed comfortably.....

for a nice breakfast before you head home..hit up the pantry..off of figueora and 7th i think.....
Good choices. I have been to the standard bar a few times. Great view and atmosphere... but looking for something new. The Edison is good from what I heard. I have seen the outside, but the one time I went I got rejected for wearing sneakers!

The Pantry is bomb! The wait is well worth it. Def. a downtown staple.

That asian restaurant sounds cool, but I do not know about eating all that greasy food before I go to sleep. Yes, I am asian and can admit that chinese food is greasy as hell sometimes.

Has any heard of CLUB 740? Supposed to be off the hook on weekends.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Hollywood is where it's at on the weekends.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bmwpwr' post='571306' date='Apr 29 2008, 09:27 PM
Good choices. I have been to the standard bar a few times. Great view and atmosphere... but looking for something new. The Edison is good from what I heard. I have seen the outside, but the one time I went I got rejected for wearing sneakers!

The Pantry is bomb! The wait is well worth it. Def. a downtown staple.

That asian restaurant sounds cool, but I do not know about eating all that greasy food before I go to sleep. Yes, I am asian and can admit that chinese food is greasy as hell sometimes.

Has any heard of CLUB 740? Supposed to be off the hook on weekends.

haven't heard much about 740..you could always just make your way out to hollywood..le deaux, element, LAX for clubs...

bars...the roosevelt hotel....

it's cinco de mayo weekend tho..so everything should pop-off nicely...

make your way out to sunset and hit up skybar at the mondrion...or even the sunset Standard hotel...
Old 04-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by bmwpwr' post='571306' date='Apr 29 2008, 09:27 PM
Yes, I am asian and can admit that chinese food is greasy as hell sometimes.
WOW, that's a shocker. Is there anyone on this board that's in SoCal that's NOT Asian???
Old 04-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

hey, anyone need a ECU remap, I can hook it up! Mike you need one! Also get one for Kathy

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: Southern California Chit Chat Thread