Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NY Jets

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Jet Black, natural brown interior, automatic, Logic 7, ipod, lane departure warning.

Listen, I'm a die hard Jets fan, and am not looking for all you Giants/Pats/Steelers/etc fans ripping into the Jets just because. I'd really like to hear intelligent dialogue on whats going on with the thinking in the organization. Does Woody Johnson really think Mike T is something other than a cap guru? Does he run his other businesses with "gut" feelings, or does he evaluate people on their real skills, not their perceived potential. I just don't get how he wont give Cowher the full reins (as ESPN is reporting)...

All you guys that want to bash, please have mercy on all of the hurting Jets fans on this forum (maybe take it out on the Lions..hehe sorry)...

Last thought, I can deal with all of the crap the team has put on the field for the past 20 years, but i'm having trouble selling them to my 5 yr old son when he's trying to convince me that they're not worth the agrivation (and to be a Giants fan).
Old 12-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

As a quick observation.....Head coach was NOT the problem......(I really like the guy, but) Brett Favre was the problem, it's a shame, but it still continues to be the truth! I think it REALLY is time to hang 'em up before he tarnishes his previous accomplishments!
Old 12-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by moschse' post='755890' date='Dec 30 2008, 12:32 PM
Listen, I'm a die hard Jets fan, and am not looking for all you Giants/Pats/Steelers/etc fans ripping into the Jets just because. I'd really like to hear intelligent dialogue on whats going on with the thinking in the organization. Does Woody Johnson really think Mike T is something other than a cap guru? Does he run his other businesses with "gut" feelings, or does he evaluate people on their real skills, not their perceived potential. I just don't get how he wont give Cowher the full reins (as ESPN is reporting)...

All you guys that want to bash, please have mercy on all of the hurting Jets fans on this forum (maybe take it out on the Lions..hehe sorry)...

Last thought, I can deal with all of the crap the team has put on the field for the past 20 years, but i'm having trouble selling them to my 5 yr old son when he's trying to convince me that they're not worth the agrivation (and to be a Giants fan).

well as a Giant fan, I will only say that the Jets are a cursed franchise...it is clear that Broadway Joe signed a true pact with Lucifer himself to win Super Bowl III and had signed away any hopes that the Jets would ever compete for the golden ring again...that said, your team needs to do whatever it has to do to secure Bill Cowher as your next head coach, if your GM cant get it done, fire him too and give all control to Cowher...give him whatever he asks for and if he cant turn it around, just move the franchaise and change the name!!!!!

But I wont argue with your son, the NY Football Giants are an historical francise, and will always be!!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='755904' date='Dec 30 2008, 11:03 AM
As a quick observation.....Head coach was NOT the problem......(I really like the guy, but) Brett Favre was the problem, it's a shame, but it still continues to be the truth! I think it REALLY is time to hang 'em up before he tarnishes his previous accomplishments!
I am going to have to somewhat dissagree with that statement. I believe the Jets where heading on the right track, however because they had the opportunity to win the division late, and they faultered at the end, is why everyone is so dissapointed. I mean they went from 4 wins to 9 wins, thats about what everyone expected them to do this season at the begining. Nobody really expected the AFC East to be that competitive, I mean who thought the Fins would win the division? Its only because it became a possibility in the end, everyone is so upset.

My whole take on the Farve situation is mixed, they brought in a HOF QB late in the pre-season and completely thru him into a new system and expected too much in short amout of time. Favre has always been a west coast offense gun slinger, who has lived on the edge. Had the Jets already been running a similar offense I feel he would have fared much better. Where they really screwed up is now your head coach is gone, so no doubt there will be a new system in place, and your HOF QB, if he comes back for 1 more season, is not going to be affective unless the Jets run a West Coast system. Then if you decide they decided to bring in a coach who can run the West Coast Offense, everyone else is on the learnig curve. If Favre doesnt decide to come back, then your building your team all over again. Either way the Jets are gonna need a couple years.

I dont really think it was Favre's fault, I think the Jets gambled wrong by bringing a QB who, although it a true HOF player, is on the back side of his career and to have him come in, in 1 year learn a new system and think they were going to the promise land, then that was the true mistake. Favre would have been better off going to the Vikings or Tampa where he could be affective in a familar system.

Just my .02