Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NY AUTO SHOW - Anyone going?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Can anyone tell me how we get in for the early preview? I just renewed my membership (I let it end when I had my X5) so I don't have any details how to do this. Can I bring a friend or does anyone who enters early need to be a BMWCCA member? Thanks...
Old 03-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I have a feeling this thread is running interference with another event scheduled for the same day, because someone is too lazy to drive his butt to Weehawken which brings me to my next point - there is no privilidged entrance for BMW CCA members - I'm a member, no invite. Or must you be, like, that premium member or whatnot? Cuz I know that there are a few "premium members" 'round here fo sho
Old 03-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
I might go.. Will they have the X5 M and X6 M there?
They had them both there last year. You're 12 months late, buddy! Hahahahahahahaha!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by providenceleaf
Can anyone tell me how we get in for the early preview? I just renewed my membership (I let it end when I had my X5) so I don't have any details how to do this. Can I bring a friend or does anyone who enters early need to be a BMWCCA member? Thanks...
You just buy your tickets for the show online and then on the morning of, show your BMWCCA card and you're in. BMWCCA's site should tell you too. It's freakin' awesome. It's the only way to see the show. When the public is there, it's just too much. Plus, you get to listen to BMW speak about the new models just to the members and nobody else. You can ask questions and sit inside all models. And after you're done, you get to roam the entire show with yourself and nobody else. It's a huge plus if you're a BMWCCA member. Last year, Lomag, Pennetta, brit_in_nj, poleposition and I were all there with our families. It was great.

Mark - Call me on cell as the date gets closer and we'll coordinate.

BTW - I don't suggest bringing the M down there. Parking is god awful, the lots charge $50+ and could give to craps about your car. I watched them door ding people and have cars bumper to bumper, literally. I had the X5 last year and wasn't thrilled. I might do the Durango this year. They can door ding it and back my bumper into whatever car they want. I don't care. Hahahaha!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
there is no privilidged entrance for BMW CCA members - I'm a member, no invite.
It's not an invite ding bat . You buy your tix online in advance, show up the morning of at 8:15/8:30 with your BMWCCA card and you're in. It's that simple. Check out Pennetta's thread from last year. It's really very simple.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Contributors

https://5series.net/forums/topic/942...&#entry1114463

https://5series.net/forums/topic/942...&#entry1114460

https://5series.net/forums/topic/724...1&#entry812353

Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

That's MISTER Ding Bat to you!

Thanks LOL
Old 03-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
You just buy your tickets for the show online and then on the morning of, show your BMWCCA card and you're in. BMWCCA's site should tell you too. It's freakin' awesome. It's the only way to see the show. When the public is there, it's just too much. Plus, you get to listen to BMW speak about the new models just to the members and nobody else. You can ask questions and sit inside all models. And after you're done, you get to roam the entire show with yourself and nobody else. It's a huge plus if you're a BMWCCA member. Last year, Lomag, Pennetta, brit_in_nj, poleposition and I were all there with our families. It was great.

Mark - Call me on cell as the date gets closer and we'll coordinate.

BTW - I don't suggest bringing the M down there. Parking is god awful, the lots charge $50+ and could give to craps about your car. I watched them door ding people and have cars bumper to bumper, literally. I had the X5 last year and wasn't thrilled. I might do the Durango this year. They can door ding it and back my bumper into whatever car they want. I don't care. Hahahaha!
Thanks C. I didn't plan on taking the M. I've tried parking around there in the past. The double lift parking areas crack me up. Never again. I usually drive to Stamford then take the train from there when I go into the city. Then it's 100% foot power...

PM me your cell. I'll give you a call...
Old 03-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Does anyone know that if you are a BMWCCA member and you want to bring your significant other and a friend, will BMWCCA allow them to go in early with the other members to view the BMW preview / tour at 8:30am at Jacob Javits?
Old 03-19-2010, 06:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
Does anyone know that if you are a BMWCCA member and you want to bring your significant other and a friend, will BMWCCA allow them to go in early with the other members to view the BMW preview / tour at 8:30am at Jacob Javits?

Yes Mike. 1 member's card is good for your whole party

Quick Reply: NY AUTO SHOW - Anyone going?