Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Nov. 4 2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008 | 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by daydok' post='704041' date='Oct 27 2008, 12:01 AM
it's not that. i think the point is, politics (and religion) are very personal issues.
while there are no right and wrong answers, discussions can get heated and petty.

so when you ask 'palin or biden', it could come out either of two ways:
thoughtful, congenial answers, or straight up red-or-blue bashing.
unfortunately, i'd say it's the latter.

i go to politico.com and post there; at least you know those folks are there for exactly those kinds of questions.

while i agree you should be able to post whatever (legit) question/comment you have in the lounge,
just judging by the initial responses you got, it's a no-win topic.

my 2 cents.
Yep.

That's correct!

In general you can discuss anything in the lounge.
But as said above, such discussons get heated easy and upset some people even easier.
Since there is no wrong or right all you can discuss is better to be discussed in a political forum, and not in a car forum.

Just very shortly I made a funny reply in a thread that was brought back to life from the dead, about foglights... and one member was very upset about it, even reported me to, well, myself...
If something like this can happen on a subject such as foglights... I guess we shouldn't have any political threads on our forums.

I myself love politics... in fact, I am a politician. Just one out of thousands, not one of the big names.
And therefore I love political debates but would never have them in an unappropriate environment, such as a CAR forum.

If we would have a RULE that doesn't allow such discussions, this and all previous threads would have been deleted. We have only deleted threads in the past when it got a little heated... well, actually the admins have.