Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

not feeling too strong...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

just need to rave a little, y'all... company I work for having some problems - had to lay off some people, my own salary got cut. To top it off, ain't like I'm ascending to the fortunes I thought I would be able to ascend to here, so I'm seriously considering just quitting and cutting my losses. Start my own thing somehow... plus, I got this wedding coming up - I'm supposed to get married, but I got all this sh!t in my head, like I'm not sure about this and that. The car is semi-dead, with the oil in the coolant and all the problems its been having... I mean, am I entering some kind of a clinical depression stage or smth? I used to deal with these things very well, but lately it just seems like I'm some cosmic asshole's punching bag. Not really "complaining" - lots and lots of people have it way worse than I do. But I'm having one of those days, when I'm just feeling like running away from all this crap and starting anew. The only thing keeping sort of sane - I keep repeating to myself this quote, by Albert Einstein: so many people quit before reaching their goal, without ever knowing how close they were. Something to that extent, I'm sure, I'm re-wording it a little...

/rant
Old 06-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

Read Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. It'll help you rethink how you view the world -- seriously. It's not some frou frou book about self help and realization but a book written in 1937 after the Great Depression.

And as everyone has told me, if you're not 100% sure about getting married then you probably shouldn't get married.

Anyways, take it one step at a time eventually you'll get through it all.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 06-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Read Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. It'll help you rethink how you view the world -- seriously. It's not some frou frou book about self help and realization but a book written in 1937 after the Great Depression.

And as everyone has told me, if you're not 100% sure about getting married then you probably shouldn't get married.

Anyways, take it one step at a time eventually you'll get through it all.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Thanks Michael! I'll definitely check out that book - people have told me about it before, but I've managed to dismiss it usually. I'll give it a read.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you're not alone brother! my second layoff in a year is around the corner. I had a horrible year. I am struggling financially from the last layoff with the other one set for 1 August.

I may have landed a great job in DC, informal offer made, waiting on offer letter, but they are not paying relocation and I am stuck in my tampa apartment lease until december. I am not even sure how I am going to afford to relocate yet. I am actually going to sell all of my furniture and go up there with just my car which is already 1K over the lease miles and dog (i'll box up some stuff and mail it to myself).

I seriously thought about moving to mexico and just defaulting on all of my debt. just starting new, living in some village near cabo, working at a resort, but that is a serious life decision.

I dont have a woman in the pictuer to complicate things, but you are not alone. Times are tough. Try to remain positive. Sometimes it is nice to know there is comfort in numbers. Not that I like to hear about other people suffering, but it makes me more comfortable to know that it is not just me, so I hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

V, I hate feeling overwhelmed by life. I had to take a 10% pay cut just a few months ago. I never would have thought how much I needed that 10% till it's gone. And, I don't see us getting it back any time soon. Our business is struggling, and we are having to work twice as hard bidding jobs, because there is more competition than ever these days. So more work, longer hours, and less money. On top of that, my GF has been unemployed for 6 months now. Just the other night she had a BAD emotional breakdown. I'm paying for everything we do, gas, eat, drink, go out, groceries etc, and there for usually broke by payday. I'm suppose to start classes again in July, but I am seriously dreading it. I don't have the time. I'm practically being forced by my employer (my uncle and grandfather) to finish up my degree, or else I'm stuck in my current job (warehouse manager) without the possibility or promotion. And I quit my prior career 2 years ago at a web development firm to be here per request of my family.

All the time, I'm questioning what I'm doing, if I'm making the right decisions, my relationship, school AHHHHHH!!!! Until I feel like this>

or kinda like this:

Honestly this shit is one reason I bought my BMW 3 months ago... To get a little joy and relief in between all the daily crap. I love driving it. It at least helps me cool down and enjoy life a little.

Anyway Vlad, man try not to get too overwhelmed. It is Friday after all( I hope you at least have the weekends off ). I hope the best for you, weather that means quitting your job and starting your own business, or hanging in there and hoping things improve. Either way, do what makes you happy man.

And for the record---I have never known a single man that wasn't a little nervous and/or iffy about getting married. I have been with my GF for 6 years. I have NO plans on popping the question ANY time soon(not that she hasn't talked about it over and over ). The feelings you are having are natural. I am sure when my time does come to settle, down I will be freaking out!

Good Luck man!

-Patrick
Old 06-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by pradden
And for the record---I have never known a single man that wasn't a little nervous and/or iffy about getting married. I have been with my GF for 6 years. I have NO plans on popping the question ANY time soon(not that she hasn't talked about it over and over ). The feelings you are having are natural. I am sure when my time does come to settle, down I will be freaking out!

THAT is SO true!!!!! I was nervous right up until we got through our vows, didn't relax until reception time. I was literally standing at attention when my wife got to the altar, she had to tell me to relax this wasn't an inspection.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Hey V, I feel your pain, brother. Sometime it helps just getting it off your chest. It's better not to keep things bottled up. Your upcoming wedding is definitely making everything seem worse. The car can be fixed or probably ditched, that would take care of one problem. Jobs come and go. Salaries will be cut; it's the new reality and we all must accept it.

One great thing you have going for you is that you're breathing and sounds like you're in good health. With those two things alone you have everything. If you love the woman you're about to marry, hold her tight and let her know how much she means to you. Women who love us have a way to make our boo-boos go away real fast.

Try to look at all the silver linings, remember that people are dying everywhere because of cancer, wars, abuse, malnutrition, etc., and let's be thankful for what we have instead of thinking about what we don't have.

Sorry if this came across too paternal, but I've learned all these things over the years and took me a long time to realize and accept these things.

Good luck to you and Craig and Pradden. Money comes and go. Life only comes around once. Take care.

Joe
Old 06-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

V, Hang in there...there are always hills and valleys in life...its either one thing or another.....either going into the hole, in he hole or getting out of the hole. Rest assured health is most important....my wife just had a growth removed from her stomach 2 days ago......and recovering......it makes you look at life in a different view.Love all your loved ones everyday.....
Old 06-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Contributors

Roy, my prayers go out for your wife. I've been watching my brother in law struggle with pancreatic C for more than a year. It is such a tough thing. I pray for your wife and your family, brother.

Guys, I am not in position to reveal any specifics yet, but I stirred up some waters yesterday. Some things will be going on. And they'll be good in the end.

Craig, if you do come to DC, let me know. I'd love to come out there and brainstorm with you. I think we can come up with something truly original.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

V, to start off I have to say you must read this book. Actually I suggest this book to everyone. It can be life changing. Its not some get rich quick scheme or anything like that.

Amazon Amazon

I just picked it up Thursday and it changed almost everything I've previously thought, its amazing. Use all of the things that went wrong and spin it in a positive way and build on it. As my dad tells me, "You eventually get out of every situation."

Quick Reply: not feeling too strong...