Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2010

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill
I think he could excel at real Steeler football heavy on the run, short and intermediate passes over the middle to Miller & Ward. This means improvements on the O-line and a bruiser at Running back (like Toby Gerhart).....but I don't know how you do that with limited draft picks.....you guys have no 2nd round picks and your next pick is 82nd (18th in the 3rd round )!!
True, and O-line MUST be a focus in this draft. The interior of the line, well, sucks. Ward is still good but he's aging, we need to look towards replacing him too. Mendenhall did prove himself somewhat, but he hasn't really had a line good enough to spring him often enough (can't run off right tackle ALL the time).
Old 04-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know anything about Ted Ginn Jr.? Niners picked him up from the Dolphins today? Papers say he can't catch but is a decent returner, good speed and should take the pressure off Crabtree and Davis. Niners got better with the cardinals losing Boldin and Warner.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by Ninerfan
Anyone know anything about Ted Ginn Jr.? Niners picked him up from the Dolphins today? Papers say he can't catch but is a decent returner, good speed and should take the pressure off Crabtree and Davis.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

only 9'er I like, or reason why I cheer for the 9'ers right now is for their HC.....Mike Singletary
Old 04-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Aartsy19
The Jets welcomed former Steelers bad boy Santonio Holmes into Ryan's halfway house for misbehaving millionaires. Between Holmes and recently acquired cornerback Antonio Cromartie, the Jets might need bigger dorm rooms to handle all the baggage.

It's going to be a fascinating summer, a chemistry experiment that will be viewed by the entire nation on HBO's "Hard Knocks." The Jets will be in a giant petri dish, with their big names and big egos trying to bond before our eyes. Holmes. Cromartie. LaDainian Tomlinson. Braylon Edwards. Imagine if Jason Taylor decides to join the party.

The big experiment could produce a championship-winning formula or it could blow up in the laboratory. League history suggests it probably will be the latter.

Read More: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...s_potshot.html

Either way, i think this is going to be an interesting season for my Jets... Cromartie, Rivas... And the best shut down Defense in the game?? I smell a championship, that is... if Rex Ryan can control these monkeys..
racist

Originally Posted by Aartsy19
I would be sad too.. The JETS now have the two best shut down corners in the league. For arguement sake i would say Rivas is the ONLY REAL shut down corner in the game right now.

IM excited for the Jets and cant wait to see what they'll do in the upcoming season!
i dont find that opinion to be very accurate. Id say Nnamdi Asomugha is a lot better than Cromartie. Id might go as far as saying a healthy Chump Baily is better than Cromartie. Cromartie is more athletic at this point in his career than Chump is but Chump is a lot smarter.

Either way the Jets have by far the best cornerback tandem in the NFL. Should be a good year in that division. Excited for the draft
Old 04-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Members

Can't catch, but this is what we need him for?

Old 04-22-2010, 05:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by Ninerfan
Can't catch, but this is what we need him for?

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
For your sake I hope he can deliver more plays like that, but for us, he wasn't nearly consistent enough to make a true difference in games. He averaged 25yrd/return last year (23y/g career), and in 99% of games you never got the sense he was on the verge of breaking the long one a-la Devin Hester. That surprise game against the Jets was the statistical outlier, more often than not, he will go down or will step out of bounds at the 22yrd. line.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 AM
Contributors

More importantly: IF the Steelers get a top 10 pick (as they want to do) for Ben, what QB would be a viable replacement? Bradford? Would have to be #1 pick to get him. Claussen? Possible, he does appear to be the most NFL ready QB in the draft. McCoy? Questions about his shoulder.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
More importantly: IF the Steelers get a top 10 pick (as they want to do) for Ben, what QB would be a viable replacement? Bradford? Would have to be #1 pick to get him. Claussen? Possible, he does appear to be the most NFL ready QB in the draft. McCoy? Questions about his shoulder.
All bad options in my opinion, better to keep Ben, suspension is fine but don't get crazy.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Contributors

All bad options in my opinion, better to keep Ben, suspension is fine but don't get crazy.
I am not so sure, the Rooney's are big on "character" and he has shown to be guilty of bad judgement at minimum and in at least 3 cases now maybe more than that. One writer proposed a straight up Romo for Ben deal with Dallas which would be interesting, but I don;t think the 'Boys have the cap room to take on Ben's contract.
Yes Ben has 2 rings and is a proven winner, however, as a fan I don't want to cheer for a rapist (or dog killer, or murderer, etc). Part of the reason I am a Steelers fan is that they have always won with class, had players you could look up to (and be proud of your kids looking up to) - not sure I can root for a team of criminals.

Quick Reply: NFL 2010