Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011 | 08:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Iceman
I agree they had the last word, but they are not the better team. Last night the better team has lost by giving it away. 2 INT's in a Superbowl... plus the missed FG...

Iceman, they could've easily overcome those mistakes. The one they couldn't overcome was a Mendenhall fumble in the 4th qtr, while driving for the go ahead score and having all the momentum. Rashard just proved he's NOT a big time back, gimme a Franco Harris or Jerome Bettis any day of the week (twice on Sunday).

Steelers draft needs in order of importance: 1) CB, 2) OL, 3) RB
If we can pick up 1 starter at each of those positions the Steelers will be set for a good part of the next decade.
Old 02-07-2011 | 09:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: f10 535d M sport e46 330cic vert
Model Year: 2015

Props to Mike Mc Carthy and Dom Capers for having the skills to lead a team with 9 injured starters (through out the year) to the NFL championship! Whether you like the Packers or not, you have to appreciate their resolve! Go Pack Go!
Old 02-07-2011 | 09:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMW BRAD
Props to Mike Mc Carthy and Dom Capers for having the skills to lead a team with 9 injured starters (through out the year) to the NFL championship! Whether you like the Packers or not, you have to appreciate their resolve! Go Pack Go!

I am not a Packer fan (obviously), but give them much props. I like Rodgers as a player and I'm glad he'll hopefully never be in #4's shadow again
Old 02-07-2011 | 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by tonymac
... Rotten Burger needs to go...
Really?

Rookie of the year 2004
Superbowl Champion 2006, his Rookie season as a starter, second season overall, youngest QB ever to win the Superbowl
Superbowl Champion 2009, played with two broken ribs
3 Perfect games (158,3 rating)
-> Thirty-five different quarterbacks have had a "perfect game" since the advent of passer ratings in 1973. Seven men have achieved the feat more than once: Peyton Manning has thrown four, Ben Roethlisberger and Kurt Warner have thrown three...
plus some records and a Probowl selection...

6 seasons, three Superbowls with two wins...
Old 02-07-2011 | 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Old 02-07-2011 | 01:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Congrats to the Pack, if nothing else Rodgers finally got the 800lb gorilla named Favre off his back

Hopefully the Steelers address the secondary and get a real running back (meaning not one who will fumble when you have all the momentum in the 4th qtr of a friggin Super Bowl!!!) in the draft.

I think I heard a brainfart from somewhere in Nebraska, good thing no one gives a shit what happens in Nebraska
Do you honestly watch football? Rashard Mendenhall is the reason the steelers were playing in the super bowl. He carried the team past the ravens and lead this team all year when rapeleisburger was sitting out.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

Hmm he was 8th in the regular season

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1

Oh and he was SECOND in the post season.

Maybe you should be mad at Troy and Harrison for the lack of plays. The big play guys showed up for GB and they didnt for the Steelers. The real defensive player of the year Clay Mathews showed up while Jordy Nelson (LOL) and Greg Jennings exposed Troy all night. Mendenhall also averaged 4.5 yards a carry and had a real nice TD run.

I agree they had the last word, but they are not the better team. Last night the better team has lost by giving it away. 2 INT's in a Superbowl... plus the missed FG...
If we want to play that game then we can say all those dropped balls the packers had should of lead to atleast an extra 10 points. The missed field goal was a terrible call. Shaun Suisham hasnt made a single field goal of 50 or longer this ENTIRE SEASON. He didnt even have a job half the year because hes terrible. He almost missed an extra point and you let him try a 52 yarder? lol
Really?

Rookie of the year 2004
Superbowl Champion 2006, his Rookie season as a starter, second season overall, youngest QB ever to win the Superbowl
Superbowl Champion 2009, played with two broken ribs
3 Perfect games (158,3 rating)
-> Thirty-five different quarterbacks have had a "perfect game" since the advent of passer ratings in 1973. Seven men have achieved the feat more than once: Peyton Manning has thrown four, Ben Roethlisberger and Kurt Warner have thrown three...
plus some records and a Probowl selection...

6 seasons, three Superbowls with two wins...
Ben "won" his first super bowl with a qb rating of 35. The lowest qb rating to ever win a super bowl. Last night his qb rating was 69. So basically he tore apart a terrible Cardinals defense in his only good super bowl performance. Ben has been out played in every super bowl hes played in. I havent figured out why everything thinks this rapist is top 5 in the NFL.

michaeljacksoneatingpopcorn.gif
Old 02-07-2011 | 01:33 PM
Contributors

"2. Rashard Mendenhall lost this game more than anyone for Pittsburgh. With his second lost fumble in three games this postseason, Mendenhall showed he's a nice running back but not a great one. On the first play of the fourth quarter, the Steelers looked like they were on the verge of taking the lead for the first time in the game. Down 21-17 with the ball at the Packer 33, Roethlisberger handed the ball to Mendenhall, who looked for a hole off right guard. He found one -- but then got the ball punched out and lost it. Green Bay recovered and scored the clinching touchdown eight plays later. "It just happened and should not have happened,'' he said. Of the loss, Mendenhall said, "We did it to ourselves.''

Mostly, Mendenhall did it to his team. That's about as big a turnover, at as crucial a time, as a player can have."

-from Peter King's MMQB

Why Big Ben is a top 5 passer: Cold Hard Football Facts

While the link above is just a sampling (2004-07), Big Ben still maintains a top 5 YPA of over 8 - which put's him higher than some Hall of Famers, Steve Young, Joe Montana, etc
Old 02-07-2011 | 01:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
"2. Rashard Mendenhall lost this game more than anyone for Pittsburgh. With his second lost fumble in three games this postseason, Mendenhall showed he's a nice running back but not a great one. On the first play of the fourth quarter, the Steelers looked like they were on the verge of taking the lead for the first time in the game. Down 21-17 with the ball at the Packer 33, Roethlisberger handed the ball to Mendenhall, who looked for a hole off right guard. He found one -- but then got the ball punched out and lost it. Green Bay recovered and scored the clinching touchdown eight plays later. "It just happened and should not have happened,'' he said. Of the loss, Mendenhall said, "We did it to ourselves.''

Mostly, Mendenhall did it to his team. That's about as big a turnover, at as crucial a time, as a player can have."

-from Peter King's MMQB

Why Big Ben is a top 5 passer: Cold Hard Football Facts

While the link above is just a sampling (2004-07), Big Ben still maintains a top 5 YPA of over 8 - which put's him higher than some Hall of Famers, Steve Young, Joe Montana, etc
Like I said GB's defense made the plays and the steelers didnt. No one wants to blame fatburger for putting them in a huge hole? Mendenhall had a key fumble but the defense could of made a stop and didnt. Football is a team game. The better team won. Ben had more turnovers and no one wants to place blame on him? Lol...Take a 3 year sample size and think Ben is amazing. Like I said his first super bowl qb rating was 35. Last night it was 69. Maybe Tomlin should return Ben to the game manager/Eli Manning role he had in the first super bowl. Hand the ball off and rely on the defense.

Jim Kelly > Fat Ben

Rings arent a way to measure individuals. They are a TEAM accomplishment. I will give it to Ben for his performance against the Cardinals but lets be real that defense was trash.
Old 02-07-2011 | 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
Do you honestly watch football? Rashard Mendenhall is the reason the steelers were playing in the super bowl. He carried the team past the ravens and lead this team all year when rapeleisburger was sitting out.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

Hmm he was 8th in the regular season

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1

Oh and he was SECOND in the post season.

Maybe you should be mad at Troy and Harrison for the lack of plays. The big play guys showed up for GB and they didnt for the Steelers. The real defensive player of the year Clay Mathews showed up while Jordy Nelson (LOL) and Greg Jennings exposed Troy all night. Mendenhall also averaged 4.5 yards a carry and had a real nice TD run.

If we want to play that game then we can say all those dropped balls the packers had should of lead to atleast an extra 10 points. The missed field goal was a terrible call. Shaun Suisham hasnt made a single field goal of 50 or longer this ENTIRE SEASON. He didnt even have a job half the year because hes terrible. He almost missed an extra point and you let him try a 52 yarder? lol

Ben "won" his first super bowl with a qb rating of 35. The lowest qb rating to ever win a super bowl. Last night his qb rating was 69. So basically he tore apart a terrible Cardinals defense in his only good super bowl performance. Ben has been out played in every super bowl hes played in. I havent figured out why everything thinks this rapist is top 5 in the NFL.

michaeljacksoneatingpopcorn.gif

So, because his rating was bad the win doesn't count... or what?

There are others like my friend Jake Delhomme who had a great rating but didn't win it... In the end it's only important to win...

Calling Ben Roethlisberger a rapist is so uncalled for...
Old 02-07-2011 | 02:10 PM
Contributors

So, because his rating was bad the win doesn't count... or what?

There are others like my friend Jake Delhomme who had a great rating but didn't win it... In the end it's only important to win...

Calling Ben Roethlisberger a rapist is so uncalled for...
I never said they didnt count. Wins are wins in the nfl. Anyone and everyone will take ugly wins but the fact people try to talk up Ben is a joke. He is a glorified game manager. His defense has made him look good similar to Eli Manning when they won the super bowl.

I know there are others that have had great ratings and lost. Kurt Warner is a perfect example vs. the steelers. He threw for 377 yards and 3 tds but lost. I just cant stand that people want to crown Ben and say hes elite. He is no where near elite.

/end my anti big ben rant

Quick Reply: NFL 2010