Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2010

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010 | 02:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
way too many turn-overs Bears....FTL...
Ditto for my Saints...
Old 10-24-2010 | 03:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
way too many turn-overs Bears....FTL...
Ditto for my Chargers...
Old 10-24-2010 | 03:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy
Maybe I didn't pay as much attention as you did but what plays are you referring to?
I believe he's referring to that endzone fumble by Roethlisberger, it looked like the Dolphins had that recovery.
Old 10-24-2010 | 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60
I believe he's referring to that endzone fumble by Roethlisberger, it looked like the Dolphins had that recovery.
Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. Regardless, if the refs were pulling for the Steelers, they would've said Ben broke the plane before the fumble (as was initially called on the field) so I don't know what Miami fans are complaining about. A freaking touchdown was overturned after a replay and they're still not happy?
Old 10-24-2010 | 06:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60
Ditto for my Chargers...

How bout dem CHIEFS?!? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH WEEEEEEEEE!!! Got some real nice tickets today for real cheap too. $30 is all I paid for my ticket today
Old 10-24-2010 | 10:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Dinan 545i

Go Raiders!
Old 10-24-2010 | 11:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Originally Posted by Rudy
Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. Regardless, if the refs were pulling for the Steelers, they would've said Ben broke the plane before the fumble (as was initially called on the field) so I don't know what Miami fans are complaining about. A freaking touchdown was overturned after a replay and they're still not happy?
I believe that we all know they did, they got there first and got it out, how much more clear indication does the officiating crew need?
And of course it wasn't a touchdown initially, ball came loose when that DB(?) grazed him, way before he was in.

I had no stakes in this game whatsoever, don't root for the Steelers, don't root for the Fins, but this pisses me off. Same as the stolen Detroit TD in week 1, still angry about that misinterpretation of the rulebook...
Old 10-25-2010 | 07:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

Originally Posted by Theo
I believe that we all know they did, they got there first and got it out, how much more clear indication does the officiating crew need?
And of course it wasn't a touchdown initially, ball came loose when that DB(?) grazed him, way before he was in.

I had no stakes in this game whatsoever, don't root for the Steelers, don't root for the Fins, but this pisses me off. Same as the stolen Detroit TD in week 1, still angry about that misinterpretation of the rulebook...
Steeler fan here (in the interests of disclosure). The scrum and who recovered the ball in the end zone was secondary after the officials declared it a TD. Also, I read several reports that the officials were telling members of both teams to get up since a TD was declared, so there was no need to continue clutching and grabbing for the ball in the scrum.

Had it been ruled a fumble in the first instance, the guys in the end zone would have continued to fight for the ball until the zebras declared who recovered it.

Dolphin fans should be more upset with the fact that they were in the red zone 2x in the first 4 minutes and were only able to come up with 6 points.

I am "praying" that Aaron Smith does not have a torn triceps muscle. He is nearly indispensable on that D line.
Old 10-25-2010 | 08:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: f10 535d M sport e46 330cic vert
Model Year: 2015

Let's throw some props to my Packers! Finally beat Brett! It wasnt pretty (not many of our gams have) but hey, finally got that monkey off of our backs! Tied for first with Da Bears! Bears have an easy one next week, we have the Jets in NY. Go Pack Go!
Old 10-25-2010 | 09:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by one4thethumb
Steeler fan here (in the interests of disclosure). The scrum and who recovered the ball in the end zone was secondary after the officials declared it a TD. Also, I read several reports that the officials were telling members of both teams to get up since a TD was declared, so there was no need to continue clutching and grabbing for the ball in the scrum.

Had it been ruled a fumble in the first instance, the guys in the end zone would have continued to fight for the ball until the zebras declared who recovered it.

Dolphin fans should be more upset with the fact that they were in the red zone 2x in the first 4 minutes and were only able to come up with 6 points.

I am "praying" that Aaron Smith does not have a torn triceps muscle. He is nearly indispensable on that D line.
I agree Fins fans should be more upset about all the FG's instead of harping on one play. I could see if they dominated the entire game only to get robbed at the end, but they didn't, let's move on.

Aaron Smith does have a torn triceps, and the Steelers need to move on and away from him. I'd cut him now, he's 33 and hasn't played a full season in 4 years. Let's get Iggy Hood in there and move forward.

Originally Posted by BMW BRAD
Let's throw some props to my Packers! Finally beat Brett! It wasnt pretty (not many of our gams have) but hey, finally got that monkey off of our backs! Tied for first with Da Bears! Bears have an easy one next week, we have the Jets in NY. Go Pack Go!
Definitely giving props to the Pack for that one. They beat an old and distracted Favre and (hopefully) sent him into retirement for the final time - please, please, please. It appears things are NOT better in Minny for Brett, at least in GB the coach never called him out after a crappy game.

Quick Reply: NFL 2010