Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2010

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a little early for this discussion but Draft day and Off-season topics are always interesting things to discuss.

Big news. LT is now a New York Jet! LT gives the Jets two things that Thomas Jones (recently released) didn't. 1 - LT is a much better pass catcher than TJ and 2 - LT gives the Jets insurance against Leon Washington not being fully healthy or if Leon leaves. It will only take a second round pick to get him. I see Leon producing much more on special teams with LT taking over his third down, change-of-pace back status. Tannenbaum and Ryan are building a Super Bowl caliber team in NY. With the new stadium opening next season - watch out AFC East. If the Jets get a pass rusher - book your tickets for Dallas now lol.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Bears have made some moves...I still think we should make a play for Brandon Marshall as we need a WR....
Old 03-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Contributors

LT sucks.

I cant believe the boys havent went after marshall. I know they gave up a lot of draft picks for Roy Williams but they love signing R-tards to the crew in big D.

Bears are making some moves but if they dont get a big time WR it will all be for nothing imo. Going to need more fire power to keep pace with the vikings and the pack all year.

My chiefs went out and got Thomas Jones which im not that excited about. Hes old. Atleast they only are giving him 2 year 5 million. Ride the life out of him and move on to Jamal Charles at that point.

Since Jim Zorn is fired, Norv Turner is now the worst head coach with a job....and they extended his contract
Old 03-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Bears fans, brothers, we got about 100x better with 5 moves.. what we should really be worrying about is the Cubs I'm confident we'll have a good year. With a healthy Urlacher, and a revamped line, we can clean-up all those defensive errors that seemed to plague us in '09.

As far as the Jets go, after seeing Shone Greene's brilliant upside, and after hearing TJ was gonezo, I was absolutely sold on the fact that Shone would be THE man... then they picked up LT.. now Leon's getting better.. lol Anyway, I can't deny what LT has done in the league.. but c'mon man, look at that backfield!

I'm also very curious as to what McDaniels is doing with his QB situation down in Denver. The man makes his QB's spew absolute magic, so to see Brady Quinn head-over kinda makes me wonder..

Jamaal Charles also shocked me in the 2nd half of last season.. but.. ugh.. it's KC!

Old 03-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
Bears fans, brothers, we got about 100x better with 5 moves.. what we should really be worrying about is the Cubs I'm confident we'll have a good year. With a healthy Urlacher, and a revamped line, we can clean-up all those defensive errors that seemed to plague us in '09.
we had offensive errors as well, let's hope cutler settles in and gives us some consistency....and we still need a WR...and i seriously hope we can improve our running game..I HATE FORTE, how is he still a Bear?
Old 03-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
we had offensive errors as well, let's hope cutler settles in and gives us some consistency....and we still need a WR...and i seriously hope we can improve our running game..I HATE FORTE, how is he still a Bear?
Hopefully with our moves in management (new OC/TE coach) and Cutler getting into the rhythm (please?) we'll be able to gather some steam and make a solid effort. I have some big criticisms about Jay, but at the same time, I respect him (even though at times it seems like I'm the only one.) I like the little tandem he formed with Greg Olsen in the last/most meaningless games of the year lol. As far as our backfield goes.. well.. it just got a whole lot shorter with Jay McKie gettin' the boot. Let's hope the Tulane kid gives us something to cheer about now that he doesn't have Mr. Ron "run it up the middle on all downs, at all distances" Turner barkin' plays. Then again, without Matt back there, our backfield becomes sooo limited.. I mean.. I like Garret Wolfe and all, but not THAT much..

BEAR DOWN!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Senior Members

Also, "da Bears" & "running-game" have been synonymous as long as I can remember being a fan.. maybe with the changing tide/look/feel of our team, we'll be able to do something new (albeit it would be naieve to think that it'll work right away... it makes for an interesting offseason!)
Old 03-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
Also, "da Bears" & "running-game" have been synonymous as long as I can remember being a fan.. maybe with the changing tide/look/feel of our team, we'll be able to do something new (albeit it would be naieve to think that it'll work right away... it makes for an interesting offseason!)
agreed: that's 2 seasons the Bears backfield has been horrendous and forte IMO is the main reason why. He has poor field vision, poor lateral movement, and almost 0 explosiveness, I just don't get why we kept him over Thomas....sorry to see Mckie go but looking forward to seeing Jennings in a Bears uniform....rumors of Olsen wanting to leave/in-trade discussions does have me nervous, hope they keep him....either way...looking forward to 2010 season
Old 03-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Senior Members

I know man, I loved those TJ days... what a slasher....
Old 03-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Big bears fan here also. I still got the "Superbowl Shuffle" on vinyl.

Anyway, looks to me like the defense just might finally come together after 2+ heartwrenching seasons (let alone the offense!). Cutler can only be as good as his wideouts can. The missing link to becoming a playoff contender is a BIG wide receiver, this is why he looked so good in Denver. Forte has definitely been a bust up to this point, but a running back by committee should suffice for now. This D will and should hold their own, but once again it's up to the offense to step up. Were they not one of, if not the lowest scoring offense last season until that meaningless final against Minnesota?

Quick Reply: NFL 2010