Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Next Gen iPhone found at local bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone
Old 04-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Contributors

very cool

but the fact that apple can "kill" one of their products remotely just means that as an actual end user, you really will not own anything from this company especially if what you are doing with it is blacklisted by them

kind of defeats the purpose of personal property doesnt it?
Old 04-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Wow! Awesome I can't wait!!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
very cool

but the fact that apple can "kill" one of their products remotely just means that as an actual end user, you really will not own anything from this company especially if what you are doing with it is blacklisted by them

kind of defeats the purpose of personal property doesnt it?

What??? It is a prototype! Of course they want to be able to do this. Why would they not? This specific incident speaks to exactly why they would want to be able to do this in this specific case. This particular phone is Apple's property.

Now - you as a user have the same choice (you can remote wipe your iPhone if you lose it) and it is common on other phones. I carry an iPhone and a BlackBerry and either I or my employer in the case of my BlackBerry can remote wipe the device if it were to be lost.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

i guess no iphone for verizon... i HATE att service I get horrible reception, drop calls, call fails ALL the time. anyone else on the same boat?
Old 04-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Apparently, Apple's sent a formal request to Gizmodo asking for it back... It's genuine!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

WOW
Old 04-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E46 E60

Will apple able to sue gizmodo for having and took apart the phone? since it is apple's property??
or do you thing this is some kind of a viral ad? to boost up a new level of hype after ipad release??
anyway, its a good looking iphone..
Old 04-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by swajames
What??? It is a prototype! Of course they want to be able to do this. Why would they not? This specific incident speaks to exactly why they would want to be able to do this in this specific case. This particular phone is Apple's property.

Now - you as a user have the same choice (you can remote wipe your iPhone if you lose it) and it is common on other phones. I carry an iPhone and a BlackBerry and either I or my employer in the case of my BlackBerry can remote wipe the device if it were to be lost.

Im sorry I guess I should have clarified, i meant even with the current iphones. Apple sets limits to what you can and cannot do with them and YOU, the end user paid for the item and are restricted from using it (within reasonable means) as you see fit. I know microsoft can do the same thing for online gaming but its only done when a person hacks the system in order to cheat during online play or steal software.

I just dont agree with that at all, as it becomes personal and private property when you pay for it. I can hack my BB all day and not worry about what RIM might think, but if my buddy hacks his iphone, apple can and probably will shut it down.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Contributors

honestly if Apple was such a koolaid drinking, tyrannical cult id be all over their products. They are very sleek and look awesome. They appear to be very well made too.

Quick Reply: Next Gen iPhone found at local bar