Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

The New Oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
As I mentioned earlier, you have to be an American to understand what passion and resolve mean. The people you mentioned "think" that they're controlling our system. Once the little guy decides that enough is enough, things will change for the best. Just ask the once mythical British Empire. It's funny how many plumbers and electricians think they can balance the budget, too....
Hence canned food and shotguns!

Your solution suggests a revolutionary war, mine suggests international, but wouldn't it be nice if your government decided to help you instead of themselves? Isn't that the point of this discussion? That you've pretty much been manipulated into resource shortages and an unsustainable economy? (Unless you plan on having revolutionary war, again, only to have the country you bled for fall into greedy hands, again.)

And I added to my comment (your quote missed some of it). Don't wanna get sidetracked here..
Old 04-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
Hence canned food and shotguns!

Your solution suggests a revolutionary war, mine suggests international, but wouldn't it be nice if your government decided to help you instead of themselves? Isn't that the point of this discussion? That you've pretty much been manipulated into resource shortages and an unsustainable economy? (Unless you plan on having revolutionary war, again, only to have the country you bled for fall into greedy hands, again.)

And I added to my comment (your quote missed some of it). Don't wanna get sidetracked here..
Nobody is suggesting another revolutionary war. Americans are much more sophisticated than you can imagine. We will get our power back through all the legal channels. You just have to have faith in what I'm saying and watch it happen. We've been in much bigger holes than this and we've managed to do just fine.

I could use the support of my fellow Americans, right about now, and we still have a shitload of water.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Senior Members

Nobody is suggesting another revolutionary war. Americans are much more sophisticated than you can imagine. We will get our power back through all the legal channels. You just have to have faith in what I'm saying and watch it happen. We've been in much bigger holes than this and we've managed to do just fine.

I could use the support of my fellow Americans, right about now, and we still have a shitload of water.
Well I have no idea what we're getting at, so yes, I'll happily wait it out lol
Old 04-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Contributors

You?re drunk!

Since 1999, over 45,000 manufactures have left the US! Corporations, their lobbyist, and their ?owned? politicians have all profited/benefitted from the US Corporate exodus. The average Tom and Sarah, Leroy and Latisha, Pedro and Consuela have all been SCREWED! The system doesn't care about YOU! We are consumers! That's it. Period. The FDA allows meat companies to sell us cloned meat!!!! Americans are so extremely passionate they're delusional!

When Clinton pushed the Community Reinvestment Act and Bush pushed for the passage of the Medicare Modernization Act (at 3 am in the morning!!!), the two reforms that anal raped the US. Where was the US passion? Watching the NFL, NBA, and NASCAR. Nope. SLEEP! The were not AWAKE!!!!!!

The only resolve is this ? every American needs to boycott every fucking Walmart and Sams Club in the U.S.! 95% of Chinese goods go the US and majority are for sale in Wal-Mart. Asians nation don't even buy China's cheap shit. Second, every American needs to call their Congressmen and demand a 20-25% tariff on all Chinese and India goods. PERIOD!

But most Americans will not do that? because they are passionate. They are passionate about there Paris Hilton, Sex in the City, microwaved foods, muffin top making delicacies, their beautiful cars, the McMansions? etc?

?The people you mentioned "think" that they're controlling our system.? LOL! Rum or vodka, which one got you drunk! Ok?. Quick question for you based on that statement? and Simon says do your own research on this one? Where were Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on 6 June 2008? And what took place at the Westfields Marriott Hotel in Chantilly Virginia on 6 June 2008? Now you tell me who is really controlling the system.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Contributors

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.... I can see all the obstacles in my way...
Old 04-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Ruf930
You?re drunk!

Since 1999, over 45,000 manufactures have left the US! Corporations, their lobbyist, and their ?owned? politicians have all profited/benefitted from the US Corporate exodus. The average Tom and Sarah, Leroy and Latisha, Pedro and Consuela have all been SCREWED! The system doesn't care about YOU! We are consumers! That's it. Period. The FDA allows meat companies to sell us cloned meat!!!! Americans are so extremely passionate they're delusional!

When Clinton pushed the Community Reinvestment Act and Bush pushed for the passage of the Medicare Modernization Act (at 3 am in the morning!!!), the two reforms that anal raped the US. Where was the US passion? Watching the NFL, NBA, and NASCAR. Nope. SLEEP! The were not AWAKE!!!!!!

The only resolve is this ? every American needs to boycott every fucking Walmart and Sams Club in the U.S.! 95% of Chinese goods go the US and majority are for sale in Wal-Mart. Asians nation don't even buy China's cheap shit. Second, every American needs to call their Congressmen and demand a 20-25% tariff on all Chinese and India goods. PERIOD!

But most Americans will not do that? because they are passionate. They are passionate about there Paris Hilton, Sex in the City, microwaved foods, muffin top making delicacies, their beautiful cars, the McMansions? etc?

?The people you mentioned "think" that they're controlling our system.? LOL! Rum or vodka, which one got you drunk! Ok?. Quick question for you based on that statement? and Simon says do your own research on this one? Where were Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on 6 June 2008? And what took place at the Westfields Marriott Hotel in Chantilly Virginia on 6 June 2008? Now you tell me who is really controlling the system.
Exactly my point. Americans will wake up and start demanding American goods, and I predict this will happen in the next five years. This does not bode well for BMW, either. Thankfully, I can afford a Vette, so I'm not going to lose out on the "fun factor."
Old 04-28-2011, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

Exactly my point. Americans will wake up and start demanding American goods, and I predict this will happen in the next five years. This does not bode well for BMW, either. Thankfully, I can afford a Vette, so I'm not going to lose out on the "fun factor."
And when prices skyrocket because of the insane costs of domestic production vs. your decrepit/artificial dollar? [nobody'll buy]
...when these manufacturers can't afford their operating expenses? [they'll scale back, or even shut down]
...when your employer can't afford to pay you? [you'll quit]
...when you can't afford gas for your Vette, or water, or food for your family? [you'll have to find other means]

Ruf's solution is noble, but late, considering an overwhelming (consumer & producer) dependence on cheap goods... from China... who is building huge reserves and practically funding your deficits... Take them out of the equation and see what happens... Your initial comment was:
""They know that if they sell their dollars, their products will cost more in the U.S., and their economies will suffer. Right now, it's still in their best interest to hold onto their dollar reserves."
So by this logic, China will maintain their U.S debt holdings, to keep their products cheap in the U.S., which implies the U.S is still buying them, which implies the U.S. people aren't demanding American goods, which implies continued profiteering by your "controlling class," which keeps you in this mess. Adversely, if China sells off their reserves.. well.. you know what happens..

America may, in fact, be too far down this road to pull a U-turn

(Don't think I'm happy about this.. we're all tied to the same post. Do I like money? Yes. Have I been exploiting this economy? Yes. I've got a family to feed too.. But why people are blind to these foreign and domestic trends is absolutely beyond me, because all signs point to "D'oh")

And RE: The Water crisis
Here is a trailer for the documentary I suggested you guys check out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq4SEIWJhdU&playnext=1&list=PL67DCB8914EBD CCA5

* Your 2011-Q1 GDP just came out at 0.8% ex-inventories (higher imports), your inflation rate is way over 2%.. Hello!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
And when prices skyrocket because of the insane costs of domestic production vs. your decrepit/artificial dollar? [nobody'll buy]
...when these manufacturers can't afford their operating expenses? [they'll scale back, or even shut down]
...when your employer can't afford to pay you? [you'll quit]
...when you can't afford gas for your Vette, or water, or food for your family? [you'll have to find other means]

But what other means can be found after stagflation hits? *

Ruf's solution is noble, but late, considering an overwhelming (consumer & producer) dependence on cheap goods... from China... who is building huge reserves and practically funding your deficits... Take them out of the equation and see what happens... Your initial comment was:

So by this logic, China will maintain their U.S debt holdings, to keep their products cheap in the U.S., which implies the U.S is still buying them, which implies the U.S. people aren't demanding American goods, which implies continued profiteering by your "controlling class," which keeps you in this mess. Adversely, if China sells off their reserves.. well.. you know what happens..

America may, in fact, be too far down this road to pull a U-turn

(Don't think I'm happy about this.. we're all tied to the same post. Do I like money? Yes. Have I been exploiting this economy? Yes. I've got a family to feed too.. But why people are blind to these foreign and domestic trends is absolutely beyond me, because all signs point to "D'oh")

And RE: The Water crisis
Here is a trailer for the documentary I suggested you guys check out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq4SEIWJhdU&playnext=1&list=PL67DCB8914EBD CCA5

* Your 2011-Q1 GDP just came out at 0.8% ex-inventories (higher imports), your inflation rate is way over 2%.. Hello!
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

I'm not worried, I have just one word for you: "Plastics." Will you think about it?