Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

The New Oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here I sit in Iraq on top of 25% of the worlds oil reserves... but here is the real oil...

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/10/08/t...d-s-water.html

http://createcompany.org/tag/is-sitk...g-their-water/

http://www.circleofblue.org/waternew...any-announces/

Quantum of Solace

A conversation in Mexico....

007 ~ How much oil did the Americans promise you?

M ~ This isn't about oil.

007 ~ Well, that's good, because there isn't any.

Conversation in Bergenz Austria...

Unkonw Quantum member ~ I'm still not sure that the Tierra Project is the best use of Quantum 's time. Perhaps we should shift
our focus to the Canadian.

Domonic Greene ~ This is the world's most precious resource. We need to control as much of it as we can.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Contributors

Iraq only has 11.5% of the world oil supply when taking into account ONLY the top 17 reserves. Slightly less when taking into account all of the reserves. Iraq is ranked #4 (behind VZ, SA, CAN respectively), So while it makes up 25% of the countries in the top four it doesnt make up 25% of the worlds oil reserves.

Class dismissed. I'll check out your links now.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Ruf930
Here I sit in Iraq on top of 25% of the worlds oil reserves... but here is the real oil...

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/10/08/t...d-s-water.html

http://createcompany.org/tag/is-sitk...g-their-water/

http://www.circleofblue.org/waternew...any-announces/

Quantum of Solace

A conversation in Mexico....

007 ~ How much oil did the Americans promise you?

M ~ This isn't about oil.

007 ~ Well, that's good, because there isn't any.

Conversation in Bergenz Austria...

Unkonw Quantum member ~ I'm still not sure that the Tierra Project is the best use of Quantum 's time. Perhaps we should shift
our focus to the Canadian.

Domonic Greene ~ This is the world's most precious resource. We need to control as much of it as we can.
Sure, let's sell it to them at whatever price they charge us per barrel. Seems fair to me.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Water is the new oil, Silver is the new gold, Palladium is the new platinum, Copper is the new everything and eWhining is the new activism... I just hope you guys own lots of what you're complaining about! (Arguably, none of which will matter when China comes to collect its dues/America forces
)

Watch "Liquid Assets; the big business of water", it's about this "water crisis," Frightening stuff..!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
none of which will matter when China comes to collect its dues[/url])
Not happening anytime soon. "They know that if they sell their dollars, their products will cost more in the U.S., and their economies will suffer. Right now, it's still in their best interest to hold onto their dollar reserves."

Incidentally, we owe them about $1 trillion. Less than 10% our staggering national debt.

Source: http://useconomy.about.com/od/critic...r_collapse.htm
Old 04-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Senior Members

Surely your source can't be serious about Chinese "fears" of a possible domestic economic downturn (as a result of reclaiming their US debt holdings). While we have a common bottom-line (that China doesn't currently NEED to "cash-out",) our reasoning is completely different. Hello.

Do you think American purchasing power will matter once hyperinflation hits? once U.S dollars are worth less than the paper they're printed on? once people realize these bloated-value metals aren't adequately physically backed because of your monetization of paper? I don't think countries will be politely asking for their entitlement(s) then

Look at your Easy money, your government spending, your inflated markets, the global shift away from the U.S dollar, look at your consistently disappointing unemployment claims, your housing debt, manufacturing indicators next to prices, CPI/PPI, BOMBING housing numbers, EPI puts 1 in 4 American households are UNDER, oil is oversupplied, consumers are scaling back, and prices are still mounting, Look all the biflation, and tell me you're not worried...

Park that national debt next to your freakishly unbalanced budget & it looks like a no-win situation to me!

Your next recession is going to be a big one, so, I've offered good advice from a mediocre 80's horror movie

And as to stay on topic:

Water.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:42 AM
Contributors

On point Ron...

In a manner consistent with Craig, many Americans like to point at little sticklers instead of the big picture. Tell an American he is going to get run over by a BIG RED truck, they'll tell you that the truck is not exactly red, it?s a little maroon...

China is now expected to pass the US GDP in 2015. America will become a 2nd class nation, even though it already is, while they continue to fight over CHILDDISH liberal and conservative issues. Many are so ARROGANT about their little jobs, cars, and material things, they stupidly believe themselves to be superior to the rest of the world! He who laugh last wins!

http://www.economist.com/node/185601...ry_id=18560195

This month at the BRIC Hainan Summit, there was a renewed call by BRIC nations to replace the US dollar as the common world currency. The IMF agrees. This is not manipulation, but competition.

http://www.imf.org/external/np/pp/eng/2011/010711.pdf

I guess the US leaders will continue to fight over the legitimacy of the President's birth certificate instead on competing.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Contributors

Surely your source can't be serious about Chinese "fears" of a possible domestic economic downturn (as a result of reclaiming their US debt holdings). While we have a common bottom-line (that China doesn't currently NEED to "cash-out",) our reasoning is completely different. Hello.

Do you think American purchasing power will matter once hyperinflation hits? once U.S dollars are worth less than the paper they're printed on? once people realize these bloated-value metals aren't adequately physically backed because of your monetization of paper? I don't think countries will be politely asking for their entitlement(s) then

Look at your Easy money, your government spending, your inflated markets, the global shift away from the U.S dollar, look at your consistently disappointing unemployment claims, your housing debt, manufacturing indicators next to prices, CPI/PPI, BOMBING housing numbers, EPI puts 1 in 4 American households are UNDER, oil is oversupplied, consumers are scaling back, and prices are still mounting, Look all the biflation, and tell me you're not worried...

Park that national debt next to your freakishly unbalanced budget & it looks like a no-win situation to me!

Your next recession is going to be a big one, so, I've offered good advice from a mediocre 80's horror movie

And as to stay on topic:

Water.
Yet, the whole world looks to us for help, when major catastrophes strike. I'd rather live in this country than anywhere else in the world.

Here's where the two countries stand and remember, the people you've just vilified will always be ready to protect your ass, if some foreign nation (let's say North Korea), ends up sending you a nuclear gift:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...ican_economies

I think you're vastly underestimating the passion and resolve of American people. I guess you have to be one to understand one. We're not going down anytime soon, my friend, and yes, we have plenty of water. Try not to bite the hand that feeds (and protects) you....
Old 04-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
Yet, the whole world looks to us for help, when major catastrophes strike. I'd rather live in this country than anywhere else in the world.

Here's where the two countries stand and remember, the people you've just vilified will always be ready to protect your ass, if some foreign nation (let's say North Korea), ends up sending you a nuclear gift:

http://en.wikipedia....rican_economies

I think you're vastly underestimating the passion and resolve of American people. I guess you have to be one to understand one. We're not going down anytime soon, my friend, and yes, we have plenty of water. Try not to bite the hand that feeds (and protects) you....
What the heck are you talking about?? Passion and resolve don't pay bills, and NOBODY's attacking Canada.. Save it for the op-ed column lol

You guys are getting screwed by your control structure from the inside-out, by your politicians, by your regulators, by your institutions, and we're ALL feeling it, I gave you at least twenty examples, and if you think "it's not too late," you're just being naive. Yes, Americans are the proudest people on earth, and I like that. Yes, Americans are the most passionate on earth, and I like that too, but the people who control your system are only looking out for their best interests, and the rest of us are suffering because of it. I, or any other half-decent strategist, could balance your budget by day's-end, and work on getting this FIXED, but doing so would take an unfathomable chunk of control out of Big Bro's hands, and trust me, as long as they control your currency (thereby controlling you,) they're very satisfied. It's the day power shifts, that we should fear (Like I said earlier.) I don't care about "when major catastrophes strike," I'll accept that argument after you stop these joke Wars/profiteering ventures.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Contributors

What the heck are you talking about?? Passion and resolve don't pay bills, and NOBODY's attacking Canada.. Save it for the op-ed column lol

You guys are getting screwed by your control structure from the inside-out, we're ALL feeling it, I gave you at least twenty examples, and if you think "it's not too late," you're just being naive. Yes, Americans are the proudest people on earth, and I like that. Yes, Americans are the most passionate on earth, and I like that too, but the people who control your system are only looking out for their best interests, and the rest of us are suffering because of it. I, or any other half-decent strategist, could balance your budget by day's-end, and work on getting this FIXED, but doing so would take an unfathomable chunk of control out of Big Bro's hands.
As I mentioned earlier, you have to be an American to understand what passion and resolve mean. The people you mentioned "think" that they're controlling our system. Once the little guy decides that enough is enough, things will change for the best. Just ask the once mythical British Empire. It's funny how many plumbers and electricians think they can balance the budget, too....

Quick Reply: The New Oil