Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

New Digital Camera

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

I haven't been having the best luck lately. 4 weeks ago, my Suburban was broken into and my digital camera and work computer was stollen. 2 weeks ago, my wife got in an accident in the Suburban, and it will be in the shop for the next 4 weeks.

Well back to the reason for my post.

To replace my digital camera I purchased a Panasonic DMC-FZ20 from CircuitCity.com. I am so extremely impressed with this camera. It is a 5 mgpxl camera with a 12x optical, 3x zoom. For you 35mm people this is equivilient to a 35 mm to 420m zoom. The other features I love about the camera is the lenzes are made by Lecia and Panasonic added a digital optical image stabalizer on it. The camera has manual focus around the ring of the lens and if you like using auxiliary flashes, you can use a standard auxiliary flash.

The camera was aprox $600.00 us, which for a sub $1,000.00 camera is a deal. I just thought I would pass this on. I really like it a lot. My wife loves it because the delay between pushing the shutter button and taking a photo is as good as my Pentax PZ-20. The new FZ20 will aslo do bust photos, which means if you hold down the shutter, the camera will continue to take photos at aprox 4-7 shots a second.

If you are interested in researching this camera, you can check out Panasonic's web site or Cnet.com.

Enjoy and have a great day!
Old 09-13-2004, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Sounds nice. Also, in addition to the site you posted, you'll find that Steve's Digi-cams is one of the web's best digital camera sites...
Old 09-14-2004, 01:01 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since we're sharing, here's a couple more good sites
http://www.imaging-resource.com/WB/WB.HTM?view=dp_enth
http://www.dpreview.com/