Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Need advice with a forum transaction

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

West, this is terrible that it has come to this. Like you, I was kind of hoping it was all just a misunderstanding, and the guy was at worst unreliable as Calvin put it. It has been more than long enough for him to respond and/or deliver as promised. Hire PTL and nail his ass
Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
Did the seller portray this as a private sale? It appears that the transaction was handled by an LLC. If so, in addition to filing a dispute with PayPal (which you ought to have done already) you could contact the BBB. It may even be worth talking to your attorney.

And once again, you are doing the members here no favors by protecting the identities here. If this member is selling through an LLC and not in a private capacity I think the members here ought to know who and what to avoid.
The listing for the items occurred in the Private Members Classifieds section. Unsure if that counts as portraying as a private sale or not:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/109...ers-m5-wheels/

I just noticed this, but why the two different license plates in the advertisement, and, ok, I guess I can understand the need for a glove, but the thread just died..wierd.

I'll move forward with the PayPal dispute- seems like the right thing to do anyways. I'll follow-up with the business name, email, and phone number after I'm sure I won't be violating the PayPal dispute terms.

Originally Posted by pjinca
West, this is terrible that it has come to this. Like you, I was kind of hoping it was all just a misunderstanding, and the guy was at worst unreliable as Calvin put it. It has been more than long enough for him to respond and/or deliver as promised. Hire PTL and nail his ass
Hehe. Yeah, sort of lame. I'll sick PTL on him for sure- I know PTL has my back!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Im scared to do any sort of transaction on this forum now. I was literally 1 click away from sending 675 to this jackass, I'm so glad I didn't. Even reliable sellers can scam just like the case of quad_m who used to be one of the most trusted vendor then scammed for nearing 100k. Unreal how people are.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Sorry to hear all. Has anyone checked M5Board.com? I think I have seen posts by him there.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Black. Premium, Sport, Winter packages. PDC.

I just escalated my claim with Paypal today. I was scammed out of $600 for the LCI tails that was also "sold" to 2 or 3 or maybe more people. After I sent payment, I never received any communication regarding shipping details. I have attempted to contact him for the last week. Who else bought the same tails from this guy?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by west
The listing for the items occurred in the Private Members Classifieds section. Unsure if that counts as portraying as a private sale or not:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/109...ers-m5-wheels/

I just noticed this, but why the two different license plates in the advertisement, and, ok, I guess I can understand the need for a glove, but the thread just died..wierd.

I'll move forward with the PayPal dispute- seems like the right thing to do anyways. I'll follow-up with the business name, email, and phone number after I'm sure I won't be violating the PayPal dispute terms.

Hehe. Yeah, sort of lame. I'll sick PTL on him for sure- I know PTL has my back!
people are just desperate these days to get cash and will sell their souls to do it, i knew this was going to happen too. I hope to God you get your money back and this guy gets cancer.

<3 PTL
Old 02-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

wow this really sucks! I hope this gets worked out and this guy gets outed and his name put out there! how dare that asshole scam a member.. Shit, imagine if you had his address??? So far all the transactions ive made even in regards to wheels have been local, so we not only talk on the phone and text, but we meet in person. So if there are any problems, i can fix them I really hope this gets resolved, I really do. Please keep us posted, and PTL.... well, go verbally abuse this asswipe for us.

West--- out this dude in the classified section and feedback threads, please..
Old 03-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Jet Black 550 - Navigation, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather, Heads-up Disp, SAT Radio, Comfort Access.

Unfortunately you can add me to the list, I also "bought" LCI tails from this guy . I think by now its pretty much official....we've been scammed. I have filed a claim but who know what will happen.

by the way this ah0les ebay id is: northshore auto repair.

Just want to get as much information about this guy out their so he cant do this again. I guess this is a lesson to us all; I for one will only be buying local from now on.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

good luck guys ,, this is really shame ,,, but in general Paypal should protect you guys and I've used their protection program like 10 times within the past 2 years ,, very trusted ,,, you have 45 days of protection from the time you make transaction ,,,

also paypal will hold the money for all the sales transactions for 21 days ( i'm sure about this at least for ebay payments ) , i've seen an email sent to an ebay seller says : dear bla bla bla , we have received your money from member xyz , go ahead and ship the item , and your money will be released after 21 days ..

so hopefully you are covered guys ,,,
Old 03-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

WOW I remember I first saw this scumbag's posts and I remember thinking there was something fishy about them. But then, I didn't wanna crap in his threads with my suspicions - wish I had! As a Russian, I can tell you from experience, karma IS a bitch (remember Napoleon?) - so I just hope this person/group that's been trying to hit people on here gets what's coming to them soon!

E, good looking out for our peeps, man

Quick Reply: Need advice with a forum transaction