Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NBA playoffs!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='842403
Growing up in nebraska you live for nebraska football. The love of nebraska football turned me onto other sports. Mainly the nba because of the fast pace and exciting atmosphere!
Anyways this terrible eastern conference game is almost over, THEN THE LAKERS!!!
LOL wow you just proved my point. So Im guessing you were turned onto the lakers just bc they were the hot time of the time.
Once kobe retires you can root for lebron, but you probably already do. Im sorry but if your not from the area a team plays you cannot
understand the true meaning of being a fan. Its probably like your love for nebraska football, you have to live it in order to understand, bc why
anyone would want to root for nebraska is beyond me. probably still talking about the 90's when the cornhuskers were actually good. but then
players decided why the hell would i want to go to school in nebraska and it went down hill from there.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jdcinc21' post='842521' date='Apr 9 2009, 10:50 PM
Sry its alittle hard to believe a girl from mid of nowhere america is a true lakers fan.
And i dont have to know you that your on the bandwagon, so quick to defend yourself about having some small affliation to cali. even though from nebraska and raised there. So of course your a huge lakers fan and im sure you were a huge lakers fan in the 90's when they had no one.
And you pointed AI and melo two of the leagues greatest ball stoppers. just like tmac, so yes there teams will do better without them.
Manu, tim and parker were not all out at the same time. if one goes out the team picks up the slack. thats called good coaching.
its sad if kobe goes down they fall apart with so much talent, thats called bad coaching.
and how is my point about bowen pointless, i was just correcting you bc you said kobe was "He's all defensive player every year" when you meant
he makes the all defensive team and he missed 04-05 roster so not every yr. so get your facts right before you make a statement.

i was just clearly stating that bowen has made it on that team 8 times like kobe. you were making it sound like kobe
is the defensive player of the league every yr. And by your arguements your stupid for comparing bruce to kobe bc kobe is a SG and bowen is a SF.
Not every point guard is matched up against a point guard, its whatever the coach decides. so you can compare different positions.
so i dont see how comparing AI to kobe is stupid just bc one is a point and the other is a shooting. just shows how stupid you really are.

And your stupidity continues seeing how shaq is not retired and you assume kobe wont get hurt and miss some games.
you cannot count on him being health his whole career, so keep making those assumptions they sound great!

LOL wow you just proved my point. So Im guessing you were turned onto the lakers just bc they were the hot time of the time.
Once kobe retires you can root for lebron, but you probably already do. Im sorry but if your not from the area a team plays you cannot
understand the true meaning of being a fan. Its probably like your love for nebraska football, you have to live it in order to understand, bc why
anyone would want to root for nebraska is beyond me. probably still talking about the 90's when the cornhuskers were actually good. but then
players decided why the hell would i want to go to school in nebraska and it went down hill from there.
I was turned onto them because there is no other team near me and when i live in cali the lakers are EVERYWHERE. I really cant believe you couldnt assume that with all your other assumptions. Was that one really that hard to figure out?

Lakers in the 90's. I talked about how Kobe carried them and i followed them even then. Your reading comp needs improvement.

Bad coaching? Tied for the most titles in the history of the nba. Phil Jackson is considered one of the best ever. You are really a homer for coach pop. If being a great coach invovled endless hours of layup drills and bank shots then yes, coach pop is the best ever. Face it homer, the spurs run is done buddy.

When i talked about kobe on the all defensive team i should have stated that better. I know he hasnt won defensive player of the year every year. Obviously he doesnt win that award every year but my point is bowen has 1 job. Kobe does everything. If bowen couldnt dream of being the complete player that kobe is.

you lack of basketball knowledge really concerns me. "i dont see how comparing AI to kobe is stupid just bc one is a point and the other is a shooting. just shows how stupid you really are."

Well kobe isnt a point guard. Follow me here. His job is to score not assist. People like john stockton are true point guards. Kobe's main offensive job is to be a scorer, so you bringing up his career assist stats is retarded. KOBE ISNT THERE TO ASSIST PEOPLE, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?? He is a game chaning, offensive super star with driving and shooting skills unmatched by ANYONE in the nba today! Why the hell are you asking kobe to get 8-10 assist a game when he scores 30?

I never said shaq retired. Bottom line KOBE WILL BE AHEAD OF SHAQ in points scored. Unless a major injury. This really isnt important until kobe passes him.

Another assumption that i like Lebron. I dont like lebron at all. If hes not dunking his shooting percentage is right around 25%. He has nearly no outside game and Big Z shot a better percentage from the FT line than he did last year. Thats extremely funny. Lebron from the ft line last year with out looking it up was right around 74%. Which isn't good for someone in his position.

Nebraska had one of the most successful runs in college football history. Like all good teams there are down years. People stopped coming here because Tom Osborn and Charlie McBride retired. You enjoy talking about things you really have no clue about dont you? They are in the process of rebuilding. The fact you dont understand this makes me think that your general sports knowledge is extremely low. Do you get your sports information from trivial persuit? Or maybe wikapedia? Can i call you dot com from now on?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Contributors

LAKERS MURDERED NUGGETS!!! Go BYNYUM!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

LAKERS all the way!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jdcinc21' post='842521' date='Apr 9 2009, 08:50 PM
Sry its alittle hard to believe a girl from mid of nowhere america is a true lakers fan.
And i dont have to know you that your on the bandwagon, so quick to defend yourself about having some small affliation to cali. even though from nebraska and raised there. So of course your a huge lakers fan and im sure you were a huge lakers fan in the 90's when they had no one.
And you pointed AI and melo two of the leagues greatest ball stoppers. just like tmac, so yes there teams will do better without them.
Manu, tim and parker were not all out at the same time. if one goes out the team picks up the slack. thats called good coaching.
its sad if kobe goes down they fall apart with so much talent, thats called bad coaching.
and how is my point about bowen pointless, i was just correcting you bc you said kobe was "He's all defensive player every year" when you meant
he makes the all defensive team and he missed 04-05 roster so not every yr. so get your facts right before you make a statement.

i was just clearly stating that bowen has made it on that team 8 times like kobe. you were making it sound like kobe
is the defensive player of the league every yr. And by your arguements your stupid for comparing bruce to kobe bc kobe is a SG and bowen is a SF.
Not every point guard is matched up against a point guard, its whatever the coach decides. so you can compare different positions.
so i dont see how comparing AI to kobe is stupid just bc one is a point and the other is a shooting. just shows how stupid you really are.

And your stupidity continues seeing how shaq is not retired and you assume kobe wont get hurt and miss some games.
you cannot count on him being health his whole career, so keep making those assumptions they sound great!

Seriously f*cking relax. Its not her fault your team is old and worthless.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='842593' date='Apr 10 2009, 12:01 AM
Lakers in the 90's. I talked about how Kobe carried them and i followed them even then. Your reading comp needs improvement.

Bad coaching? Tied for the most titles in the history of the nba. Phil Jackson is considered one of the best ever.

Well kobe isnt a point guard. Follow me here. His job is to score not assist. People like john stockton are true point guards. Kobe's main offensive job is to be a scorer, so you bringing up his career assist stats is retarded. KOBE ISNT THERE TO ASSIST PEOPLE, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?? He is a game chaning, offensive super star with driving and shooting skills unmatched by ANYONE in the nba today! Why the hell are you asking kobe to get 8-10 assist a game when he scores 30?

Nebraska had one of the most successful runs in college football history. Like all good teams there are down years. People stopped coming here because Tom Osborn and Charlie McBride retired. You enjoy talking about things you really have no clue about dont you? They are in the process of rebuilding. The fact you dont understand this makes me think that your general sports knowledge is extremely low. Do you get your sports information from trivial persuit? Or maybe wikapedia? Can i call you dot com from now on?
I was saying that I doubt you were a lakers fan before kobe came around. Thats why I brought up the 90's early to mid.

Phil owes his rings to Jordan and Shaq. Thats why he is considered a great coach.

If your an amazing scorer you should be having huge assist numbers. From passing out of double and triple teams.
I know he is not John Stockton (le douchebag)

Down years! Coming up on a decade, last time they national title was 1998. Sure they have won some lame bowl games!
Including the Alamo Bowl which I admit is a joke, even though I go to them. Id hate to say it but I dont think they will ever
be what the use to be. The same is happening to Notre Dame, sad really.

You can call me Jeff from now on Cornhusker
Old 04-10-2009, 03:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by jdcinc21' post='842726' date='Apr 10 2009, 04:25 AM
I was saying that I doubt you were a lakers fan before kobe came around. Thats why I brought up the 90's early to mid.

Phil owes his rings to Jordan and Shaq. Thats why he is considered a great coach.

If your an amazing scorer you should be having huge assist numbers. From passing out of double and triple teams.
I know he is not John Stockton (le douchebag)

Down years! Coming up on a decade, last time they national title was 1998. Sure they have won some lame bowl games!
Including the Alamo Bowl which I admit is a joke, even though I go to them. Id hate to say it but I dont think they will ever
be what the use to be. The same is happening to Notre Dame, sad really.

You can call me Jeff from now on Cornhusker
Come on, we all know that Phil's Chicago rings were due to the awesome skills of Dennis Rodman, the greatest defensive player ever.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

yeah! What she said.... oh, by T-Mac you don't mean me right? JK
Old 04-10-2009, 04:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jdcinc21' post='842726
Come on, we all know that Phil's Chicago rings were due to the awesome skills of Dennis Rodman, the greatest defensive player ever.
The worm was amazing!

Originally Posted by tonymac' post='842809' date='Apr 10 2009, 06:51 AM
yeah! What she said.... oh, by T-Mac you don't mean me right? JK
Lol no, sorry tony but you dont want to be associated with T-Mac because hes a loser and your above that!!

Back to topic. How'd that Lake show look last night? I was impressed by how fast Bynum got back into the swing of things! He might of be off in his timing around the hoop but that will come back in the week or so. Lakers poised to make a run through the west and hopefully smash whatever team out of the east. I hope its a rematch of last year.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Contributors

kg is said to be out for the playoffs.

what are the c's chances with kg? the east sucks as a whole but can they make it to the eastern finals without kg?

Quick Reply: NBA playoffs!