Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NBA playoffs!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='842248
The Blazers are going to be a scary team in the playoffs. If they can put it together and stay consistent for a series they can beat anyone. When B Roy is hot watch out. If that team can stay together they will be a force for years to come.
The Hornets will pose the biggest challenge for the Lakers to get back to the finals.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='842239
Very nicely put!! I have friends here in LA that still think trading Shaq was a mistake and that it should have been Kobe instead!! I don't think so!!! I think Shaq will soon be known as the "Big Geritol" anyway, don't get me wrong, in his day, Shaq was the MOST dominant player on the planet, it's just his day was MANY days ago!! As for San Antonio, they've been at the top of the heap for many years, it's just the natural progression and aging that have signaled the end to their dynasty! And I still contend Duncan is the single most boring player in any sport, undeniably talented, but wow, does he have a pulse??? I feel the playoffs are a thrilling time, and they are where stars become superstars etc. and that's why I watch whether my Lakers are a part of them or not, happily, they are a big part of the playoffs and with Bynum back tonight, the odds on favorite to win the whole thing (without Shaq)!! So AWG, root for who you want to root for and do it loud, I know I will!!
Shaq was traded bc kobe ran him and phil out of town.
then jerry buss had to whore his daughter out to get phil back.
kobe is just one big baby, and by the way tim has 4 rings, 3 time finals mvp, and 2 mvp's and kobe only has 3 rings, 1 mvp and 0 finals mvp's
Old 04-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Oh yeah if kobe didnt run shaq and phil out of town after the lose to detroit in the finals
i bet l.a. would have more titles, but kobe ruined it bc he is egotistical.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Contributors

LAKERS BABY!!!!! let see Bynum tear sh!t up tonight....and hopefully not tear his knees.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

LLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTSSSS GGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 04-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jdcinc21' post='842349
Oh yeah if kobe didnt run shaq and phil out of town after the lose to detroit in the finals
i bet l.a. would have more titles, but kobe ruined it bc he is egotistical.
you look really stupid when you assume things because you dont know anything about me or who i liked.
Im a lakers fan. Im a Kobe fanatic. Dont tell me what i am, kthx.
Once again your sure i would root for the team that kobe got traded to? Its easy for you to assume this because you know me inside and out right? more stupid comments.

I want to take a look at this comment: "When you take away any franchise player off the roster of a team of course there record is going to drop,
with the exception of T-Mac."

Pistons lost AI which you speak of being a mvp/leading scorer - won more games with out him.
When Melo was out this year the nuggets didnt fold - 2nd in the west i believe.
T-Mac is a proven loser.
When KG went out the C's still played amazing.
Manu, Tony parker, and Timmy have all been hurt this year - spurs picked up the slack.

My point is kobe is everything to that team. They can lose bynum, odom, gasol, fish, and still win the west by 10 games. They lose kobe and they lose. Kobe, Lebron, and Wade go down there teams are DONE. Look at last year the heat won 18 games with Wade hurt all year. He hasn't been hurt this year and they are in the playoffs! They have suprised everyone!

Your comment about bowen is pretty pointless. Bowen WAS one of the best shut down defenders, a couple years ago. Not anymore. Hes old, his mins are down. Plus comparing bowen and kobe is stupid. Kobe defends and scores an average of 27 points this year. Bowen defends and hits a spot up 3 twice a game, nothing else.

Once Kobe lost shaq who was he going to assist? That team was terrible. The only reason they ever won is when kobe dropped 50. Since he got the supporting cast he has his assist are up. Your also comparing AI (a PG) to kobe who is clearly a shooting guard. Really a stupid comparison.

When i thought the stupid comparisons had to be over....i read this: Shaq 5th all time scoring ---- kobe 18th.

kobe - 12 years in the league
shaq - 16 years in the league.

Kobe has 23,736 points in his career.
Shaq has 27,556 points in his career.

This is a difference of 3820. 81 games a year excluding playoffs. 4 extra years, this means kobe will need to average just over 11 points a game to pass Shaq. This proving how stupid your comment was. Kobe will play more years in the nba. Kobe's body will hold up a lot longer than shaq's is/will. Talk to me in 4 years when Kobe is WAY ahead of shaq.

I never said anything about Timmy being a bad player. Hes amazing. He does what he has to do to win. No one ever said he was bad. We said he was boring.

You can call Kobe a baby, he just demands his fellow teammates put the effort in that he does. He wants to win so badly sometimes his emotions get the best of him. I dont expect a tim duncan fan to understand emotion. So just ignore what i said here.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='842134' date='Apr 9 2009, 01:49 PM
Cant wait for these to start!!!

Hopefully the cavs stumble against the c's and the lakers win out in the regular season to take over the lead for the best record and get that home court throughout the playoffs!!

Lakers hold the tie breaker over both the cavs and the c's. Also Bynum is back tonight!!!
my kinda girl!!

1) BMW fan
2) Laker fan
3) knows her sports!

major brownie points! marry me now! my wife won't mind.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MacFly?' post='842429' date='Apr 9 2009, 09:12 PM
my kinda girl!!

1) BMW fan
2) Laker fan
3) knows her sports!

Growing up in nebraska you live for nebraska football. The love of nebraska football turned me onto other sports. Mainly the nba because of the fast pace and exciting atmosphere!

Anyways this terrible eastern conference game is almost over, THEN THE LAKERS!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by MacFly?' post='842429' date='Apr 9 2009, 10:12 PM
my kinda girl!!

1) BMW fan
2) Laker fan
3) knows her sports!

Wow, two marriage proposals in one day AWG!!

But, AWG, didn't you already accept El Immigrate's proposal and aren't you heading for the plane to SoCal??
Old 04-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I'm calling it now. Portland will make it to WESTERN CONFERENCE finals.

Quick Reply: NBA playoffs!