Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NBA playoffs!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant wait for these to start!!!

Hopefully the cavs stumble against the c's and the lakers win out in the regular season to take over the lead for the best record and get that home court throughout the playoffs!!

Lakers hold the tie breaker over both the cavs and the c's. Also Bynum is back tonight!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Old 04-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='842134' date='Apr 9 2009, 04:49 PM

Hopefully the cavs stumble against the c's and the lakers win out in the regular season to take over the lead for the best record and get that home court throughout the playoffs!!

Lakers hold the tie breaker over both the cavs and the c's. Also Bynum is back tonight!!!
+1
Old 04-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='842134' date='Apr 9 2009, 03:49 PM

Your from Nebraska not L.A.
Get off the bandwagon

Depressed about playoffs bc Manu Ginobili is out for the rest of the year
and Tim's knees are banged up.

I have the Celtics or Cavs to win it all.
Kobe is nothing without Shaq.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Contributors

geaux hornets
Old 04-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by jdcinc21' post='842162' date='Apr 9 2009, 04:13 PM
Get off the bandwagon

Yeah +1, its depressing. I honestly don't think we will go far as much as I like our team. Theres so much talent. Portland being my 2nd favorite team in the NBA, I hope they go as far as possible. THey got crazy amount of talent, just not as much experience.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='842169' date='Apr 9 2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah +1, its depressing. I honestly don't think we will go far as much as I like our team. Theres so much talent. Portland being my 2nd favorite team in the NBA, I hope they go as far as possible. THey got crazy amount of talent, just not as much experience.
Yeah I dont know if we will make it out of the first round.
I would rather just have Coach Pop bench Timmy for the rest of the season and playoffs,
since he is banged up. And without Ginobili we are not in the hunt anymore.
Might as well prepare for next year.

Oh and by the way Phil I say Trunk Finisher or Spoiler, cant go wrong with either one.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jdcinc21' post='842162' date='Apr 9 2009, 04:13 PM
Get off the bandwagon

I was born and live here for part of the year. My family has a summer house in La Quinta. (palm desert area)
So as i've grown up ive lived out in cali. As you already stated im from nebraska and the band wagon choice would be the bulls. 6 titles in how many years?
Since when do you have to be from LA to be a lakers fan? Lincoln has no pro teams so does this mean i can only be a fan of the team closest to me?

I really do love when people say kobe is nothing without shaq. He's all defensive player every year, among leading scorers every year. MVP last year. Lead the team to the finals last year. The lakers record in the past 6 years with out Kobe playing is a joke.

Kobe hasnt won 1 without shaq. Shaq won 1 without Kobe. Instead of Kobe he had D wade who was a huge part of their title run. Clearly proving this year he is a top 5 player in the nba. Could win the mvp. So really the arguement can be switched. When has shaq won without a dominate PG/SG? NEVER!! Kobe and Wade top 2 SG's in the nba right now. BTW where is shaq now? Making plans to watch the nba finals in LA?

Its funny hearing you bash on Kobe/Lakers and then follow it up with being a fan of team fundamental. Manu is hurt because he's flopping every other time down the court. Timmy cant hit those 15 foot bank shots with bad knee's and tony parker will either shoot 75% from the field or 5%.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='842169' date='Apr 9 2009, 04:16 PM
Phil, hate to tell ya but Spurs are old news! Nba's oldest team, not to mention the most hurt team. Finley will be collecting S.S. checks soon, and role players are average at best.
Although i think gooden was a great pick up for them late in the season!! Only up and coming player is Mason, and we will see what he is made of with Manu out. Can he cut it playing that many more mins a game?

The Blazers are going to be a scary team in the playoffs. If they can put it together and stay consistent for a series they can beat anyone. When B Roy is hot watch out. If that team can stay together they will be a force for years to come.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='842239' date='Apr 9 2009, 03:28 PM
I was born and live here for part of the year. My family has a summer house in La Quinta. (palm desert area)
So as I've grown up Ive lived out in Cali. As you already stated I'm from Nebraska and the band wagon choice would be the bulls. 6 titles in how many years?
Since when do you have to be from LA to be a Lakers fan? Lincoln has no pro teams so does this mean i can only be a fan of the team closest to me?

I really do love when people say Kobe is nothing without shaq. He's all defensive player every year, among leading scorers every year. MVP last year. Lead the team to the finals last year. The Lakers record in the past 6 years with out Kobe playing is a joke.

Kobe hasn't won 1 without shaq. Shaq won 1 without Kobe. Instead of Kobe he had D wade who was a huge part of their title run. Clearly proving this year he is a top 5 player in the NBA. Could win the MVP. So really the argument can be switched. When has shaq won without a dominate PG/SG? NEVER!! Kobe and Wade top 2 SG's in the NBA right now. BTW where is shaq now? Making plans to watch the NBA finals in LA?

Its funny hearing you bash on Kobe/Lakers and then follow it up with being a fan of team fundamental. Manu is hurt because he's flopping every other time down the court. Timmy cant hit those 15 foot bank shots with bad knee's and tony parker will either shoot 75% from the field or 5%.
Very nicely put!! I have friends here in LA that still think trading Shaq was a mistake and that it should have been Kobe instead!! I don't think so!!! I think Shaq will soon be known as the "Big Geritol" anyway, don't get me wrong, in his day, Shaq was the MOST dominant player on the planet, it's just his day was MANY days ago!! As for San Antonio, they've been at the top of the heap for many years, it's just the natural progression and aging that have signaled the end to their dynasty! And I still contend Duncan is the single most boring player in any sport, undeniably talented, but wow, does he have a pulse??? I feel the playoffs are a thrilling time, and they are where stars become superstars etc. and that's why I watch whether my Lakers are a part of them or not, happily, they are a big part of the playoffs and with Bynum back tonight, the odds on favorite to win the whole thing (without Shaq)!! So AWG, root for who you want to root for and do it loud, I know I will!!

Quick Reply: NBA playoffs!