Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Is my house haunted?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in a 100 year old house which used to be the headmasters house in the village where i live, he was known as a really strict headmaster who used to terrorise the unruly kids with throwing knives.

Anyway the reason I am wondering is that my clock in the fell off the wall but it landed nowhere near where it was hanging, previous to this when my wife an i first moved in I had a allen key sitting on top of my thermostat box also in the hallway and it lterally flew across the hall (i didnt believe the wife at the time). No one was anywhere near these items when it happened, the hallway is unusually cold at times but tonight i had shivers down my spine when i was standing in it.

How cool, a poltergeist .
Old 10-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Bob525D' post='1040194' date='Oct 25 2009, 02:38 PM
I live in a 100 year old house which used to be the headmasters house in the village where i live, he was known as a really strict headmaster who used to terrorise the unruly kids with throwing knives.

Anyway the reason I am wondering is that my clock in the fell off the wall but it landed nowhere near where it was hanging, previous to this when my wife an i first moved in I had a allen key sitting on top of my thermostat box also in the hallway and it lterally flew across the hall. No one was anywhere near these items when it happened, the hallway is unusually cold at times but tonight i had shivers down my spine when i was standing in it.

Might want to lay off the spirits, Bob
Old 10-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' post='1040195' date='Oct 25 2009, 04:39 PM
Might want to lay off the spirits, Bob
Hic, i never toucccch te stuffff.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Contributors

You will be OK, just so long as it doesn't throw your BMW keys.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M Sport Automatic, Le Mans Edition.Le Mans Blue Individual Paint Special, Syrah Blue Individual Leather, Piano Black Individual Interior Trim, Front seat heating,M Double Spoke 172 19

Originally Posted by Bob525D' post='1040194' date='Oct 25 2009, 05:38 PM

Anyway the reason I am wondering is that my clock in the fell off the wall but it landed nowhere near where it was hanging, previous to this when my wife an i first moved in I had a allen key sitting on top of my thermostat box also in the hallway and it lterally flew across the hall (i didnt believe the wife at the time). No one was anywhere near these items when it happened, the hallway is unusually cold at times but tonight i had shivers down my spine when i was standing in it.

Our last house was not haunted but we had a few experiences which could not be explained.For example,you could enter a room and smell pipe tobacco that was used by my wife's deceased grandfather,yet we did not smoke.On a few occasions,in the same room,the aroma would be snuff,identical to that used by my late uncle.There were others,but I won't go into detail because nobody would believe me!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by tooltec' post='1040232' date='Oct 25 2009, 03:50 PM
Our last house was not haunted but we had a few experiences which could not be explained.For example,you could enter a room and smell pipe tobacco that was used by my wife's deceased grandfather,yet we did not smoke.On a few occasions,in the same room,the aroma would be snuff,identical to that used by my late uncle.There were others,but I won't go into detail because nobody would believe me!
I believe you. I've seen one, my mom's.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Anymore stories? Good for Halloween.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='1040215' date='Oct 25 2009, 06:13 PM
You will be OK, just so long as it doesn't throw your BMW keys.
Hahaha, then sh*t's gonna hit the fan!
Old 10-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Explanation:
1. Time flies. No wonder your clock landed in another location.
2. Allen keys are full of kinetic energy. I have never dropped one that didn't sail across the garage and hide under the work bench.
3. Put your clothes back on. That will help stifle the chill.
4. Hide the knives just in case!
Old 10-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M Sport Automatic, Le Mans Edition.Le Mans Blue Individual Paint Special, Syrah Blue Individual Leather, Piano Black Individual Interior Trim, Front seat heating,M Double Spoke 172 19

Originally Posted by AKAlius' post='1040363' date='Oct 25 2009, 08:56 PM
Anymore stories? Good for Halloween.
Only one,and believe me, this was no bad dream,and I will summarize.I awoke suddenly in the early hours and realised that there was a "being" standing at the side of my bed,just looking at me.I tried to speak but couldn't,I tried to move my arm to waken my wife,but I couldn't,it was as though I was paralysed.
Yet the "being" was not threatening in any way,it appeared to be observing me and did not move.My best description of this "being" is that it was of human form,dressed entirely in black robes with strings of beads clearly hanging from the neck .However,and this is fact,the head was not human,it was feline and black.I suddenly found that I could move my arm and head,so I nudged my wife and turned to her,upon looking back the "being" was not there.I leapt out of bed and searched every room,but nothing.Until a few hours later (obviously I was not able to sleep again),I was shaving when I sensed a "presence" behind me which made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up,I turned but nothing was visible.I rushed out of the bathroom and repeated my earlier search of all rooms,and cupboards,but nothing.It was quite some time before I could tell my family of this experience,and of course,I still don't have any answers.

Quick Reply: Is my house haunted?