Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Music is my medicine of choice

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 06:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Not so long ago I posted a thread about loving Beatles. Well, since iTunes does not carry Beatles still (seriously, WHAT THE ****?!?!), I have been exploring a bunch of stuff. Here're a few tracks that I highly recommend:

Maggot Brain - the guitar solo is absolutely amazing, though it is kind of a "niche" track - some people may think its a little "different". Still... Eddie Hazel - is that his name? AMAZING guitar! Like no other

Rhianna's Hard and Beyonce's Sweet Dreams - My iTunes is slowly being overtaken by pop, I know can't help it, these tracks are addictive.

Coldplay's Violet Hill - never really listened to them much, cuz its being played everywhere way too much, but some of their tracks are really great (not to mention, they sound excellent on my B&Ws )

Don't let me be misunderstood from some "santa esmeralda" thing, or something - a daym good oldie track there are loads of different versions of this song on iTunes, but this one version that I have has the sexiest Spanish-influenced guitar and a great disco'ish vibe to it - just about every girl loves this track too, I think (that's right, you players out there, take notes! hahaha j/k )

Clapton's Layla from the MTV Unplugged album (NOT the original) - such a nice Bluesy tune and again, a great guitar...

last one I wanna share with y'all is Cake's "Frank Sinatra"

I know there are bunch of threads about music here already, so one more wouldn't hurt right? what do you guys listen to? Any recommendations for great "grown up" music?

PS only a year ago I listened to nothing but hip hop - isn't it amazing how preferences constantly evolve? Come to think of it though, my favorite hip hop track of all times has one of my favorite punk tracks sampled in it - I'm talking about Jay-Z's Takeover ("the break's over")