Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Michael Jackson dies

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009 | 06:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='924667' date='Jun 26 2009, 03:57 PM
ed mcmahon
Aah, that wasn't reported on this side of the atlantic (or at least I didn't hear it). I don't think he's well known over here.
Old 06-26-2009 | 07:08 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 520i S/E LCI mod.6-2008extras:sun roof,PDC ,Xenon,sport packet etc.Mods:Outsite: full look //m5(bumbers/mirrors/fenders/side skirts/trunk finisher/wheels 166/big-brakes-kit //m5)Angel eyes Gp-thunder 8500kInsite: cluster //m5 optik
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='923999' date='Jun 25 2009, 05:57 PM
It's a sad end for sure. I feel badly for those who cared about him. Whether he rests in peace or burns in hell is up to someone else to decide.
+100
Old 06-26-2009 | 07:40 AM
Members

RIP MJ I'm truly heartbroken....
Old 06-26-2009 | 09:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

RIP.

The music will live.
Old 06-26-2009 | 09:28 AM
dsm
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Titanium Silver Metallic Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Popular Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close, Heated Steering wheel, Dynamic Drive, Voice commands

so sad. and the cases against him were never proved ....
Old 06-26-2009 | 09:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

To Gene and Craig,
I agree this thread is to remember the passing of a human being. I cannot agree with any of the "tributes" and hearing about a man actually crying in public about it is just pathetic. That said, wherever he goes may he, Ed Mcmahon, and Farrah rest in peace. My wife is a fan of MJ and we have had many discussions in re: MJ v Prince (good for a lively debate) and while I was never a fan of the man or the music, I may have gone a little too far yesterday and if I offended, "my bad".

Craig, also remember Prince is far from just a great guitar player (best since Jimi Hendrix), he is also a fantastic piano player, drummer - even harps for christ's sake!!! Few are to be described as artist more than him - who else write the songs, the music, does all the instrumentals, all the vocals, AND is their own producer?
Old 06-26-2009 | 10:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='924841' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:58 PM
To Gene and Craig,
I agree this thread is to remember the passing of a human being. I cannot agree with any of the "tributes" and hearing about a man actually crying in public about it is just pathetic. That said, wherever he goes may he, Ed Mcmahon, and Farrah rest in peace. My wife is a fan of MJ and we have had many discussions in re: MJ v Prince (good for a lively debate) and while I was never a fan of the man or the music, I may have gone a little too far yesterday and if I offended, "my bad".

Craig, also remember Prince is far from just a great guitar player (best since Jimi Hendrix), he is also a fantastic piano player, drummer - even harps for christ's sake!!! Few are to be described as artist more than him - who else write the songs, the music, does all the instrumentals, all the vocals, AND is their own producer?
i did forget to mention the piano and drums... didnt know about the harp. incredibly talented man. i would be very cautious about calling him the best since jimi hendrix. jimi was one of
the best" although he was different because he was left handed. not knowing any better when he was young, he learned to play a righty guitar with the fretboard upsidedown. so when the rest of the world knows EADGBE as the guitar strings in descending order, jimi knew EBGDAE.

if any guitarist can be compared to jimi, john mayer has come the closest.

Prince is a far more technical player IMO.
Old 06-26-2009 | 10:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='924841' date='Jun 26 2009, 07:58 PM
To Gene and Craig,

I agree with the praise for the many talents of Prince. I've never been a fan, but I appreciate the dude's got major talent. Only have to call you out on this bit though : "best [guitar player] since Jimi Hendrix". My vote goes to Brian May on that one. Dude not only plays better than Hendrix (imho) but even designed and built his own guitar to get a one-off unique sound.
Old 06-26-2009 | 10:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Whether you like him or not, it'll be really hard to find another person who was so influential to the world.
Old 06-26-2009 | 10:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='924862' date='Jun 26 2009, 02:17 PM
I agree with the praise for the many talents of Prince. I've never been a fan, but I appreciate the dude's got major talent. Only have to call you out on this bit though : "best [guitar player] since Jimi Hendrix". My vote goes to Brian May on that one. Dude not only plays better than Hendrix (imho) but even designed and built his own guitar to get a one-off unique sound.
brian may's playing doesnt even resemble jimi hendrix. brian may falls more in the "robert plant" category.

Quick Reply: Michael Jackson dies