Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Michael Jackson dies

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009 | 02:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

RIP MJ.
Old 06-26-2009 | 03:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='923947
I am only 26. i think the people who can appreciate the height of his career feel differently than i do. I would say 30-35 are taking this the hardest.
In 1982 when Thriller came out, your 30-35 years olds would have been 3-8 years old at the time.
I reckon it's 35-50 hardest hit. I was 16 in 1982 (and 43 now) when it was released and remember just how massive MJ was from 82-86. It was phenomenal. I remember staying up late to watch the first ever airing of the Thriller video on Channel 4 in the UK. That was an event all by itself.

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22' post='924101' date='Jun 26 2009, 02:24 AM
I actually almost cried when I heard. I was driving home.

RIP king of Pop!!
I was getting a haircut this morning and on the news they repeated that he'd died and the woman cutting my hair hadn't heard the news and she almost fell over from the shock. I wanted to say "put the scissors down lady, I don't wanna get stabbed up in here".
Old 06-26-2009 | 04:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='924103' date='Jun 25 2009, 08:25 PM
I am only 26. i think the people who can appreciate the height of his career feel differently than i do. I would say 30-35 are taking this the hardest.
well im in that category.. and although i liked his music when i was younger(wouldnt go in my basement for months after the thriller video came out on "friday night videos") he was definintly an icon is his own right... but i am not devastated.. i think as an artist he was amazing.. set a tone for music and choreography in itself, but honest to god after that crap happened with him getting arrested with the child.. my respect for him was lost completely.. He paid that family over 20 million to be quiet (as was stated on the news last night)

i dont know what happened.. but the speculation AND the fact that he paid out such an enormous amount to me says something.. people can disagree i dont really care..

music wise he was great in his time..like i said i was never a huge fan.. never had a record/ nothing.. im not bashing him.. just giving my 2 cents..... its been sad to watch what he has gone through.. i actually felt bad for him at times. they way he passed seems like its not going to be a natural way(which the autopsy has to determine).. which is sad.. my heart goes out to his family and tremendous fans.. but i am not one of them..

im more upset over farrah faucet after watching her documentory.. just my opinion..
Old 06-26-2009 | 05:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

MJ certainly had his issues, but he was one hell of a performer.

I was never an avid fan but almost every hit song he made reminded me of a certain time in my life.

I got choked up when I heard "Lady in my life" on the radio.
Damn near lost it when I heard "She's out of my life" a bit later.

They say you can't miss someone until they're gone....RIP
Old 06-26-2009 | 05:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pukka' post='924622' date='Jun 26 2009, 03:05 PM
Damn near lost it when I heard "She's out of my life" a bit later.
That should be forbidden to be played when you lose (through death or breakup) a female in your life. Can't hear it after such an event. Same goes for "Without You" (can't liiiiiiiiiiive, if living is without youuuuuu, etc).
Old 06-26-2009 | 05:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='924632' date='Jun 26 2009, 09:13 AM
That should be forbidden to be played when you lose (through death or breakup) a female in your life. Can't hear it after such an event. Same goes for "Without You" (can't liiiiiiiiiiive, if living is without youuuuuu, etc).
those are major tear jerkers... holy crap i forgot about that one.. wow..
Old 06-26-2009 | 05:40 AM
Contributors

RIP Thank you!

Michael Jackson at his best

both godfathers together (Soul/Funk-Pop)

Michael Jackson dies-1873_5713963793.jpg
Old 06-26-2009 | 05:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

i was never a big MJ fan, i actually felt sorry for the guy...i cant imagine living your entire life under media scrutiny...can u blame the guy for being eccentric???
and regarding all the controversy surrounding him: i would like to think that one person, somewhere, could be so kindhearted and pure to love and help children as much as he did without any of the funny business. oh well, no one will ever truly know.

now the circus begins, if u thought it was a mess when anna nicole died, you can imagine whats gonna happen now....
Old 06-26-2009 | 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='924578' date='Jun 26 2009, 04:32 AM
Who's the Ed you're referring to?
ed mcmahon
Old 06-26-2009 | 06:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel' post='924600' date='Jun 26 2009, 08:24 AM
well im in that category.. and although i liked his music when i was younger(wouldnt go in my basement for months after the thriller video came out on "friday night videos") he was definintly an icon is his own right... but i am not devastated.. i think as an artist he was amazing.. set a tone for music and choreography in itself, but honest to god after that crap happened with him getting arrested with the child.. my respect for him was lost completely.. He paid that family over 20 million to be quiet (as was stated on the news last night)

i dont know what happened.. but the speculation AND the fact that he paid out such an enormous amount to me says something.. people can disagree i dont really care..

music wise he was great in his time..like i said i was never a huge fan.. never had a record/ nothing.. im not bashing him.. just giving my 2 cents..... its been sad to watch what he has gone through.. i actually felt bad for him at times. they way he passed seems like its not going to be a natural way(which the autopsy has to determine).. which is sad.. my heart goes out to his family and tremendous fans.. but i am not one of them..

im more upset over farrah faucet after watching her documentory.. just my opinion..
Micheal Jackson may very well be the MOST FAMOUS PERSON IN THE WORLD. His death is earth shattering, and his legacy tainted by his later years.

The legend of Michel Jackson, the most famous man in the world has yet to be written. How society remembers him over the next couple of years is how he will be written about in history books for centurys to come. When living legends die, what they are remembered for is usually cut and dry. Micheal's life was not so black and white. (figuratively, not literally)

sorry, i just couldnt help myself

Quick Reply: Michael Jackson dies