Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

///M-Postor

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 05:23 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
That justifies the M badge on the rear trunk????
In Europe it does.

Just to clarify - only the ///M.

Not the ///M3, 5, or 6 badge.

Anyone that wants to expand their knowledge on this topic can do so by clicking here.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by pukka
In Europe it does.

Just to clarify - only the ///M.

Not the ///M3, 5, or 6 badge.

Anyone that wants to expand their knowledge on this topic can do so by clicking here.
But that's refering to the original M535i and M635i from the '80s and not the E60.
None of the European M-Sport models come from the Factory with an "///M" badge. You can either opt to have the model number, e.g. 550i / 530d, or have it debadged. There's no "M" badge on the back, that's something you need to go add yourself or get your dealer to add... or you could add "E N V Y" if you want to become an instant legend!

Good work DRANGED
Old 02-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by DD_545i
Simple - they get their own urban dictionary item spelled the european way ... ///M-Poster.

Or zee French verzion... ///M-Posteur.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by xBMWx
But that's refering to the original M535i and M635i from the '80s and not the E60. None of the European M-Sport models come from the Factory with an "///M" badge. You can either opt to have the model number, e.g. 550i / 530d, or have it debadged. There's no "M" badge on the back, that's something you need to go add yourself or get your dealer to add... or you could add "E N V Y" if you want to become an instant legend!

Good work DRANGED
Did you read the this part of the article?

"Vehicles which have been modified by BMW Motorsport, but are not full M Cars, may feature plain "M" badges with no number,"

Or this part?

"In recent years, M badges have been used to accent non-M factory options. Examples of this include the E46 3 series, in which the performance package option upgraded the car to include M68 style rims which had small M badges below the BMW Roundels. In other instances, M styling without the badges has trickled down into non-M cars as factory options. For example, both the E39 and E60 5 series sedans had optional aerodynamic packages that included strongly influenced M5 styling (for example bumpers). It is not unusual to see "standard" BMW's with "M" badges or ribbons accenting the design. Simply look at the tachometer, without the M mark and the 300 km/h it's not an M5 E34."

I doesn't matter who put the badges on. The point is if you have ///M parts on your car then you can have the ///M badge.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Yeah I don't really mind people having just the ///M badge as long as they're not putting ///M# on a car that's not.

Slightly off topic but I posted in the Norcal Sightings thread the other day that I saw a Mercedes E class with full E63 badging on the trunk and even on the fenders but it had a single exhaust on each side instead of dual (quads) and no AMG body kit.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

just so we're clear, ///M badges on the inside are OK, right?

i'd hate to have to swap all that stuff out to stay true to the 80's or whatever

oh damn, my rims have ///M badges, but my car doesn't........ what to do??? lol

Old 02-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by pukka
Did you read the this part of the article?

"Vehicles which have been modified by BMW Motorsport, but are not full M Cars, may feature plain "M" badges with no number,"

Or this part?

"In recent years, M badges have been used to accent non-M factory options. Examples of this include the E46 3 series, in which the performance package option upgraded the car to include M68 style rims which had small M badges below the BMW Roundels. In other instances, M styling without the badges has trickled down into non-M cars as factory options. For example, both the E39 and E60 5 series sedans had optional aerodynamic packages that included strongly influenced M5 styling (for example bumpers). It is not unusual to see "standard" BMW's with "M" badges or ribbons accenting the design. Simply look at the tachometer, without the M mark and the 300 km/h it's not an M5 E34."

I doesn't matter who put the badges on. The point is if you have ///M parts on your car then you can have the ///M badge.

We're on the same page and yes I did read it all (It was a good read, so thanks for link pukka)

I was simply referring to the ///M badge stuck on the back of the car in same place you would have the model badge e.g. 550i or M5. That's the ///M badge you don't get fitted from the factory, which is what some people may consider "///M-Postor". My last 5 cars have been M-Sport models, i.e. non "M#" cars, so I am familiar with all the little ///M badges you find dotted around these cars, e.g. steering wheel, wheels and door sills... and I think they look great
Old 02-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

We're on the same page and yes I did read it all (It was a good read, so thanks for link pukka)

I was simply referring to the ///M badge stuck on the back of the car in same place you would have the model badge e.g. 550i or M5. That's the ///M badge you don't get fitted from the factory, which is what some people may consider "///M-Postor". My last 5 cars have been M-Sport models, i.e. non "M#" cars, so I am familiar with all the little ///M badges you find dotted around these cars, e.g. steering wheel, wheels and door sills... and I think they look great

+1098
Old 02-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Hahaha!
Old 02-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Senior Members

Oh I see. So one can put M5 wheels and/or bumpers on their regular E60 (like some other members on this forum) and its cool as long as they don't put the //M badge on the trunk......

If this is the case, then I've seen more than a few ///M-Postors when I lived in Germany. When someone who sold cars there explained this to me it made good sense - get //M style parts on your car, get the //M badge on the trunk. If the badge doesn't get installed at the factory then why would BMW make the part and allow the dealers to install it? Maybe someone needs to let them know they could be viewed as being messed up.

Ok - moving on