Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

M badge on Non-M Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Although I have M166 Rims and M side-skirts/running boards, I am not trying to be an M wanna-be. I just like the look.

Further, if someone wants to add the M badge to a Non-M car, that is thier own choice. Not that I mean to piss anyone off, but it is something I don't believe in. Debadging is fine, but don't add badges that don't apply. Actually, I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a 525, removing the badge and dressing it up.

Anyways, last night driving home from work, I saw the biggest cardinal sin (Sorry no pictures). I saw an M badge on a Ford Explorer! It was a nice Explorer with 20" rims/tires - but to have an M badge - what the f*$K?

I may be wrong, but it looked like a real BMW M badge - they are pretty unique.

I was going to give the driver some flack, but it was a women about 30 and I figured her husband was the one that did it.

Anyways, I had to share and figured everybody would get a kick out of it.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Senior Members

Ahh the things people do. It's too bad you couldn't get a picture, I would have liked getting a laugh out of seeing it.

I was thinking the other day though, how often do you personally look at your own badge? Cause here is what I'm thinking. Although it would be illegal, it might be fun to go around and swap people's badges. They'd drive around for a while before someone asked them why they had an M badge on their car, then they'd deny it and ask what the hell the other person is talking about, it'd be great fun. Sorry, I'm really bored at work right now. You could also throw different cars badges on. So say a Lexus pulled up beside a Mercedes. Kill two birds with one stone and swap them with each others.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='331638' date='Sep 6 2006, 03:00 PM
Ahh the things people do. It's too bad you couldn't get a picture, I would have liked getting a laugh out of seeing it.

I was thinking the other day though, how often do you personally look at your own badge? Cause here is what I'm thinking. Although it would be illegal, it might be fun to go around and swap people's badges. They'd drive around for a while before someone asked them why they had an M badge on their car, then they'd deny it and ask what the hell the other person is talking about, it'd be great fun. Sorry, I'm really bored at work right now. You could also throw different cars badges on. So say a Lexus pulled up beside a Mercedes. Kill two birds with one stone and swap them with each others.

Would be fun. Kind of like when we would take political signs and 4-Sale signs and put them in a buddys front yard at about 2:00 in the morning. Ahh, the days of being young and foolish - I sure miss them.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jsal' post='331649' date='Sep 6 2006, 03:15 PM
Would be fun. Kind of like when we would take political signs and 4-Sale signs and put them in a buddys front yard at about 2:00 in the morning. Ahh, the days of being young and foolish - I sure miss them.
Exactly. I'm 21 so hopefully I still have a few of those years left.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I was thinking about putting a "d" and the "M" on my trunk, upside down...

That would read: PW

And then I'd need to put some kind of sticker/decall in front of it advertising the forum...
Old 09-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='331652' date='Sep 6 2006, 03:21 PM
I was thinking about putting a "d" and the "M" on my trunk, upside down...

That would read: PW

And then I'd need to put some kind of sticker/decall in front of it advertising the forum...
lol, awesome. I say go for it.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

I've seen worse... I've seen a Honda Accord with full BMW badging...and they didn't even have a kit to try to make it look like a Bimmer, it was a straight Honda Accord
Old 09-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

It is, after all, in California.

Right?
Old 09-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ImSort0fABigDeal' post='331654' date='Sep 6 2006, 03:28 PM
I've seen worse... I've seen a Honda Accord with full BMW badging...and they didn't even have a kit to try to make it look like a Bimmer, it was a straight Honda Accord
Maybe someone switched it and they hadn't realized it yet...
Old 09-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by Evenflow545' post='331656' date='Sep 6 2006, 03:29 PM
It is, after all, in California.

Right?
Yeah I'm from California

Quick Reply: M badge on Non-M Vehicle