Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Look what your tax money is paying for!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009 | 07:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='970613' date='Aug 9 2009, 09:48 PM
and i am by NO MEANS saying bush was a great president. I just cant stand the obama supporters standing behind him throwing rocks at bush. obama will be far worse IMO, in a much different way. comparing their faults is like comparing apples to oranges.

you can only blame bush for so much. 3 years down the road, you people will find a way to blame failed healthcare reform on bush.
"You people?" Is this racist now?

Following that logic, Craig, so long as Obama's admisistration makes it to September 12 without allowing the greatest terrorist attack in US history on home soil, he's a better protector of our freedom.

And if he can make it 27 months without miring the country in two separate wars and trillions in debt, he will have shown both his restraint and fiscal responsibility.

Why do you hate America?
Old 08-09-2009 | 07:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='970653' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:24 PM
"You people?" Is this racist now?

Following that logic, Craig, so long as Obama's admisistration makes it to September 12 without allowing the greatest terrorist attack in US history on home soil, he's a better protector of our freedom.

And if he can make it 27 months without miring the country in two separate wars and trillions in debt, he will have shown both his restraint and fiscal responsibility.

Why do you hate America?
"you people" was aimed at the liberals

i hope to god we never see another attack like those of september 11, 2001. I cant believe you said "allowing the greatest terrorist attack". that is incredible that you thought like that, and if it wasn't intentional, sad that your thought process allowed that to slip through your fingertips while you typed it.

I hope to god we dont end up in any more wars. I think military action that was necessary got blown out of proportion due to poor decisions turning into a nightmare costing many lives and a lot of money. I agree that the wars were fiscally irresponsible.

I think the current president's fiscal responsibility will prove to be far worse then his predecessor.

I don't hate America. I love my country. I served in the military for 7 years, joining shortly after 9/11/01 volunteered to go to Iraq. I unlike many service members didn't need the military. My parents attempted to bribe me with college paid for and a BMW to keep me from joining. I have been out of the military for almost a year now, my uniform still hangs in my closet and I look at it every day. so I resent your last comment

Please keep in mind, I never set out to defend Bush, and I never set out to bash obama. I am just attempting to point out that obama supporters continue to have a holier then thou attitude where bush is charles manson and obama is jesus christ. It seems silly to me that most obama supporters are so blind to the fact that all of his policies ARE NOT flawless, when challenged all they do is bash the former president. it is quite sophmoric and really detracts from any valid point they may actually make.
Old 08-09-2009 | 07:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

If the Bush administration taught me one thing, it's that you're either with the President or with Bin Laden. There is no middle ground. If you do not unflinchingly support every move of the government no matter how ill-conceived or ridiculously costly in terms of lives or other resources, you are no better than a terrorist trying to destroy the fabric of our nation.

Old 08-09-2009 | 08:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='970705' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:57 PM
If the Bush administration taught me one thing, it's that you're either with the President or with Bin Laden. There is no middle ground. If you do not unflinchingly support every move of the government no matter how ill-conceived or ridiculously costly in terms of lives or other resources, you are no better than a terrorist trying to destroy the fabric of our nation.

Please dont report me to the current administration for talking badly about healthcare reform
Old 08-09-2009 | 08:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='970705' date='Aug 9 2009, 08:57 PM

And don't forget Calvin, that mantra continued during the elections with Palin attacking Obama for "criticizing" America - this IS the greatest country on the earth, however we are not without faults (the lack of proper healthcare for one).
Old 08-10-2009 | 04:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='970693' date='Aug 9 2009, 10:48 PM
"you people" was aimed at the liberals

i hope to god we never see another attack like those of september 11, 2001. I cant believe you said "allowing the greatest terrorist attack". that is incredible that you thought like that, and if it wasn't intentional, sad that your thought process allowed that to slip through your fingertips while you typed it.

I hope to god we dont end up in any more wars. I think military action that was necessary got blown out of proportion due to poor decisions turning into a nightmare costing many lives and a lot of money. I agree that the wars were fiscally irresponsible.

I think the current president's fiscal responsibility will prove to be far worse then his predecessor.

I don't hate America. I love my country. I served in the military for 7 years, joining shortly after 9/11/01 volunteered to go to Iraq. I unlike many service members didn't need the military. My parents attempted to bribe me with college paid for and a BMW to keep me from joining. I have been out of the military for almost a year now, my uniform still hangs in my closet and I look at it every day. so I resent your last comment

Please keep in mind, I never set out to defend Bush, and I never set out to bash obama. I am just attempting to point out that obama supporters continue to have a holier then thou attitude where bush is charles manson and obama is jesus christ. It seems silly to me that most obama supporters are so blind to the fact that all of his policies ARE NOT flawless, when challenged all they do is bash the former president. it is quite sophmoric and really detracts from any valid point they may actually make.
The "Why do you hate America?" line was a question Stephen Colbert used to ask, and one I thought you'd appreciate given the quote in your sig.
Old 08-10-2009 | 05:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Two requirement of the program your examples likely would not meet;

* Your vehicle must be less than 25 years old on the trade-in date
* Trade-in vehicles must be registered and insured continuously for the full year preceding the trade-in
Old 08-10-2009 | 06:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='970711' date='Aug 9 2009, 09:03 PM
Please dont report me to the current administration for talking badly about healthcare reform
I can agree with you, Craig, that the current administration isn't perfect (there is still little oversight and control of companies bailed out, which is infuriating). However, we need to recognize that Obama is stills dealing with and trying to recover from policies of the Bush administration. Are we going to still be "throwing rocks" at Bush in 4 years, I hope so, I hope we are still doing it 40 years from now - remember "those that don't study and remember history are doomed to repeat it".

I agree that healthcare will be costly, but it is necessary. It would be so much simpler to just have legislation govern insurance companies and force them to cover those with serious illnesses, emergency care (yes, even if you are insured you will probably get hit with a huge bill if you're in an accident - which is NOT like the military).

I served my country proudly, as you did, and I feel so fortunate that I did not serve under Bush. I have teammates that did and many of them have since left the Airforce, because of the way the wars were entered and managed.

You would probably agree with my alternative financing option for the healthcare plan - get rid of Welfare and related programs and use the saving to finance a true nationalized healthcare plan. The more I listen to the idiots who yell out these ridiculous "town hall" meetings the more I know it's a good thing that we do this.
Old 08-10-2009 | 06:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='970434' date='Aug 9 2009, 07:08 PM
Reply to first comment:
Bush lovers make me feel much smarter - retards unite!!!!

Second:
That is not only wrong, it's racist. Might someone have a little jealousy of a Harvard educated black man?

This member should also be a little jealous of a Harvard educated WHITE man. Oh how we forget he is HALF WHITE. The comment may have been deliberate (racist if you want to use the term) but your jealousy point is mute considering he is half white and was raised by his WHITE mom and grandma.

Let's progress back to the clunkers issue
Old 08-10-2009 | 06:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by anand_rahim' post='971023' date='Aug 10 2009, 07:12 AM
This member should also be a little jealous of a Harvard educated WHITE man. Oh how we forget he is HALF WHITE. The comment may have been deliberate (racist if you want to use the term) but your jealousy point is mute considering he is half white and was raised by his WHITE mom and grandma.

Let's progress back to the clunkers issue

That would be true IF American society were able to see him that way. In this country if you are half black - you are black, period. How do I know this? My niece is half black (My sisters husband is black, and also Ivy League educated - Cornell), she is considered black by not just society, but the Government too.

Quick Reply: Look what your tax money is paying for!!!