Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 05:17 PM
SKK
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lookat the exhaust on the car - its an old diesel exhaust pipe (pointing groundwards). I have been had !!!
Old 12-31-2005, 05:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Great pixs and good luck
Old 12-31-2005, 05:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: V8 beast!

Wow!! Im jealous send the Queen my regards, Question is what will you be doing wednesday night? Go Horns!!!! Have a safe trip.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by SKK' post='217803' date='Dec 31 2005, 08:13 PM
Znod - if you flew your car to London you are quite insane fella !!!. Well done and happy new year to you.

I am a bit pissed and I think I have lost my car in a bet. My sister dropped me and the wife back to our house and has taken the car to her flat. Is it true that Elton John never sings candle in the wind anymore ??? This is going to cost me big time I think.....
OK, guys, no I didn't fly my car to London. And, the Queen is not my friend. And, .... I think it is possible that you have lost your car. I remember hearing something about him and the song. I know that on, Elton's honeymoon, his dog ate dinner at the dinner table in Venice wearing nothing but a napkin tied around his neck. And, actual, it was my friend Elton that flew my car to London, and .... HNY SKK.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:39 AM
IMU
Contributors

Znod,

Are you getting yourself down to see the New Year's Day Parade today ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articl...e_feature.shtml
Old 01-01-2006, 03:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='217809
Originally Posted by joepoole' post='217798' date='Dec 31 2005, 08:04 PM
And Don had it converted to a diesel!

HNY to all!

Joe
Hi Joe:

HNY. Leave the Corvette home tonight, and be careful whatever you drive. And, yes, the Queen's mechanics are highly skilled and very fast. She had the same conversion done on her 545i earlier this year.
They also removed your tint and replaced the black trim. Darn British . . . don't worry, my CIA friend has tracked you down. At 12:00 AM 1/1/05, meet her at the London bridge (you know, the one in the children songs). She'll be in an Aston Martin DB9, greyish brown. There's enough euro in the center console. Swap cars.
Thanks much B32, but I can't get there in time. London Bridge is in Arizona at Lake Havasu--at least the one in the children's song. Her?

Originally Posted by IMU' post='217906
LoL nice Diesel, too bad that they have fitted the pre-2005 model tips on your exhaust, you should complain about that .
I've shipped my car too London too last week, I still find it hard to get used to driving a car with the steering on the right side (left) and on the wrong side of the road (left).
Below is a pic of my car in front of the Hotel (Lancaster Landmark).

Cool. I quess a lot of us ship our cars where ever we go. I liked my original tip style better. They were repaced when my car was converted to diesel. They removed my badges too. HNY.

Originally Posted by UPENN545' post='217833
Sounds more like April than January 1.

Whatever, have fun,

Ray Hull
Thanks Ray. We are having a great time. HNY.

Originally Posted by ro11dice' post='217817
Originally Posted by joepoole' post='217798' date='Dec 31 2005, 08:04 PM
And Don had it converted to a diesel!

HNY to all!

Joe
Hi Joe:

HNY. Leave the Corvette home tonight, and be careful whatever you drive. And, yes, the Queen's mechanics are highly skilled and very fast. She had the same conversion done on her 545i earlier this year.
and i see you changed your wheels for the trip across the pond too! HNY!!! 6 hours to go here on the CA west coast.
[/quote]

Yes, I put my original wheels and my RFTs back on for the trip--given the Queen's advice. Or, was it Elton's?

Originally Posted by SKK' post='217820
Great pixs and good luck
[/quote]

Thanks much. HNY Mr 5r.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:29 AM
SKK
Senior Members

Ok Ok getting my car back this evening.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SKK' post='217914' date='Jan 1 2006, 07:29 AM
Ok Ok getting my car back this evening.
Happy getting your car back. SKK. Good deal. What's the story on Elton and "Candles?"

I'll be off line for a day or so. Off to the old Tate now. And, off to Brussels in the morning. My wireless card here runs out in a few hours. HNY again to all.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by IMU' post='217906
Znod,

Are you getting yourself down to see the New Year's Day Parade today ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articl...e_feature.shtml
Hi URME :

OK, we did end up at part of the parade. The strike forced us to go the the Westminister tube stop to get near the old Tate. And, low and behold, there was the start of the parade. We missed most of it. The Tate was nice. Proof that we saw the parade is below. Oh, that'll be the day when you say goodbye. That;ll be the day that I die." Buddy was a sight for sore eyes. We saw "The Buddy Holly Story" the first time in London 2 years ago--I think it was. It was very, very well done and much fun.
Attached Thumbnails Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and-1.jpg   Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and-2.jpg   Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and-3.jpg   Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and-4.jpg   Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and-5.jpg  

Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and-6.jpg  
Old 01-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Great pictures Vnod! hope you are having a nice trip. Happy New Year!
You definitely had me fooled at first... I was getting ready to PM you to get me in touch with some of your friends

Quick Reply: Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and