Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

List complaints about bad driving:

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d Black & SL350

When I am driving on the motorway with cruise control on, I find a surprising amount of drivers speed up as you approach them from behind. It can be annoying if you have anticipated ahead with a view to getting past in time let someone pass you...

Why can't they just travel at a (reasonably) constant speed?

As an aside, I'm on holiday in Vienna. Today, I drove to Bratislava (Slovak Republic) then up to Brno (Czech Republic) for lunch before heading back down to Vienna. the standard of driving was very high and the roads seem adequate for the amount of cars. I can really recommend this area for very friendly people who have a sense of humour and high standards in most important things for a good vacation (architecture, food, wine and beer).

Greetings to any Austrians, Slovaks or Czechs who may be here!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Drivers that drive slower than the flow of traffic

Drivers that think their blinker automatically gives them the right to make a lane change/cutting me off/obstructing the flow of traffic.

Drivers that don't concentrate on driving: on the phone, eating, doing make-up, reading, playing with the radio/nav/ipod etc....

Drivers that feel the need to race, take it to a track dumb-ass. Don't put my life and the lives of others at risk just to feed your complex...

Drivers that feel the need to stop traffic to cross a lane or two to make the right or left that they missed, it's just as easy to keep going down the road, make you way over and just make the U-turn.

Drivers that take up more than one lane...

Drivers that leave their blinker on...

Drivers that smoke and flick their cigarette butts out into the street....

Drivers that wash their windshields while driving there by hitting my car as well...

Drivers in the carpool lane that are going slower than the fast lane...

Drivers that use/need their car to try and get some action. If you seriously need your car to get some play, what happens in a club or bar? Do you flash your keys/fob? Do you just sit in the parking lot all night by your car? Just tacky IMHO.

Drivers that blast their radio's/systems..all bass tubes...all rattles...just muffled noise...
Old 08-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Gene reminds me of another one, When other drivers make THEIR problems, MY problems! e.g. Not getting over soon enough for the offramp and then just stopping in their lane with the turn signal on, waiting for somebody just spineless enough to let them in!!
Old 08-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='638262' date='Aug 2 2008, 04:58 PM
Gene reminds me of another one, When other drivers make THEIR problems, MY problems! e.g. Not getting over soon enough for the offramp and then just stopping in their lane with the turn signal on, waiting for somebody just spineless enough to let them in!!
I bet you let them in..c'mon admit it
Old 08-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='638313' date='Aug 2 2008, 06:13 PM
I bet you let them in..c'mon admit it
NO F*CKING WAY!!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

I love when you get stuck behind 2 friends in different cars trying to hold a conversation while driving beside each other, most of the time doing about 10-15mph.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by too solid' post='638363' date='Aug 2 2008, 08:45 PM
I love when you get stuck behind 2 friends in different cars trying to hold a conversation while driving beside each other, most of the time doing about 10-15mph.
Also when drivers double park or stop in a parking garage to stop and talk to some pedestrians. Then when you give a honk to get them to move and then they give you attitude like you are doing something wrong... :thumbsdown:
Old 08-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Great thread, DRP, and I'm sure all of us empathize with the responses.

That said, it brings home one of the greatest trusims of all time...

Deep down, irrespective of our race, age, religion, orientation or gender, each one of us on the face of the planet thinks that we are a much better than average driver.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='638405' date='Aug 2 2008, 09:10 PM
Also when drivers double park or stop in a parking garage to stop and talk to some pedestrians. Then when you give a honk to get them to move and then they give you attitude like you are doing something wrong... :thumbsdown:
LoL 2 punks did the talking while driving thing to my gf last week, blocking both lanes.. and when she honked and started yelling at them, one of the guys gave her the finger!
Old 08-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i 07

well you are lucky guys in Egypt alot of people drive in the oppisite direction even in high ways can you imagine how it is dangerous there, also i remember a driver who got a very old car i dont remember what was it he was trying to pass me while the road was blocked w so he hit my mirrors by his mirros while passing so i stopped him he said whats wrong? i told him wtf is wrong with you? the road is blocked and u r trying to pass as if i'm willing to wait in that street and u hit mirros he said so whats wrong with that? ????? wts wrong with that are you out of ur fckn mind people here when they hit ur mirrors they consider it something normal but not all people only ones who are driving old cars hmmmmmm

Quick Reply: List complaints about bad driving: