Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

List complaints about bad driving:

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

Driving is not for everyone, but that doesn't seem to stop the issuance of licenses in this country. What is the most disturbing behavior of bad drivers in your opinion?

Please copy the previous post so that we can compile a list:

I'll start:

1. Poor lane discipline (i.e. wandering unknowingly into another lane on the highway, crossing over multiple lanes when making a 90 degree turn at an intersection and stopping in the middle of a two lane road at a red light because there is no lane painted in the road.) You're driving 1 car, keep it in 1 lane.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 550isport' post='637492' date='Aug 1 2008, 07:33 AM
Driving is not for everyone, but that doesn't seem to stop the issuance of licenses in this country. What is the most disturbing behavior of bad drivers in your opinion?

Please copy the previous post so that we can compile a list:

I'll start:

1. Poor lane discipline (i.e. wandering unknowingly into another lane on the highway, crossing over multiple lanes when making a 90 degree turn at an intersection and stopping in the middle of a two lane road at a red light because there is no lane painted in the road.) You're driving 1 car, keep it in 1 lane.
2. Turn signals: Not using them for every move you make.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:45 AM
Contributors

Jag-offs that like to ride people's asses and race on busy streets. Specifically, ricer fags that want to race me because my car is badass looking. =p
Old 08-01-2008, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: stock non-sport alpine white '04 530i

people who suck at driving in general, they go slow, and are a hazard to anyone around them, turn signals go on 2-3 blocks before turning, brake abruptly, etc.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:56 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

People driving in the overtaking lane on the autobahn when the inside line is empty -- I wish I could charge them for the wear on my brakes!
Old 08-01-2008, 07:00 AM
Senior Members

Not sure if this would be considered "bad driving", but it is certainly stupid driving...

When people drive 10 mph below the speed limit in the passing lane.
I seriously wish they would pull people over for driving in the passing lane. Pass left and drive right people!!!!

(Not you people... well maybe some of you)
Old 08-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Some of the things I've seen...

Cell phone in one hand and the other hand making gestures.

Cell phone in one hand swerving all over the road in your Merc S550...not sure where his other hand was.

Cell phone balanced on shoulder and searching through bag or purse.

Reading the newspaper...a broadsheet not even a tabloid!

Reading a book...must have been a good read if he couldn't put it down.

Drink in one hand Big Mac in the other.

Doing makeup...while moving at 70mph

Doing hair.

+++ Not bad driving but something that bugs me...driving with an arm hanging out of the window...if you can't get both arms in your car get a bigger car.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 M5 Saphire - All available options 2006 530i Mystic Blue - All available options for 06 2004 Ford Expedition - Boat hauler.

I live in SoCal so all of the above (and future posts) + More! I think the one thing that pisses me off most is when these morons ride my ass and I'm already going 90 and cant go any faster because of other cars in front of me.

Another thing I have noticed is I get cut off a lot more in my E60 than in my Maxima or even my Truck...I know there is a post regarding people acting out against E60's and I believe it to be true.

Cheers!
Old 08-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

Speaking of cell phones...

How many states now prohibit driving while talking on a hand held phone? If so, does your state enforce it?
They started enforcing it here in NJ a couple of months ago and it seems to be working somewhat. I think the fine is ~$175.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='637522' date='Aug 1 2008, 11:13 AM
Speaking of cell phones...

How many states now prohibit driving while talking on a hand held phone? If so, does your state enforce it?
They started enforcing it here in NJ a couple of months ago and it seems to be working somewhat. I think the fine is ~$175.
Working somewhat! It went into effect in March for NJ I think, my top 2 were in the last 2 days...

Quick Reply: List complaints about bad driving: