Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Lexus owners are rude on messageboard...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 07:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Tommy' post='276811' date='May 2 2006, 02:16 AM
indeed, sounds a bit like kindergarten, haha

haha whos kindergar-10? Me? LOL I did get back harsh... but at the time that ticked me off. So I couldnt find the OBC whats the big deal? Messageboards are there for a reason. I'm a BMW Fan... dont know much about Lexus'
Old 05-02-2006, 07:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='276815' date='May 2 2006, 02:25 AM
Well enjoy your new car and next time buy a BMW.

Hahaha I know huh? Next time...

But this time another BMW? Nah... costs too much and it'll look the same as the 545...
Old 05-02-2006, 07:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bambi' post='276915' date='May 2 2006, 07:55 AM
But the bright blueish LED licence plate light on the IS is just so much more beautiful than our e60 ones.

Oh ya! the yellow on the E60 is a little old... Blue is the trend now. and LOOKS GOOD!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Contributors

Dude a problem with Lexus service ALREADY! and only 250 miles on the clock.

F*@&$ dealer wont turn off my DRLs! WTF. say its a liability issue blah blah blah. BMW does it. Mercedes has it right there in their console to let the driver chose it at will. What the hell is wrong with Lexus? ARGH. already regretting the choice. SHould have stuck with the MINI or get the G 35.

If they dont turn that Piece of @($& light off it'll be my LAST Lexus ever.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Not to fuel your fire but BMW gives the driver the DRL choice on the E90 (and on the E60 in some countries...)

Hope you get it sorted out!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='277199' date='May 2 2006, 06:17 PM
Not to fuel your fire but BMW gives the driver the DRL choice on the E90 (and on the E60 in some countries...)

Hope you get it sorted out!

Exactlly! I'm sitting right here at the stupid Lexus dealer waitng for them to configure all the other personal settings but they're still waiting on the word for DRL. They wont do it. They called the "Director" of the Dealer but that guy has not contacted them back.

STUPID! I tell ya STUPID! Already ruined the buying experience.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Touring, M Sport, build date 10/05, Silver Grey, Black leather, Maple Anthracite, Anthracite roof lining, panorama roof, M Aerodynamic, M Steering wheel, M Sport suspension, sport seats, shadow line, 135 M wheels, Goodyear NCT 5 runflats, and some other stuff too.

I gather that this is meant to be the rude bit.

"No offense, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to know less than the
salesman"

I don't think it's that rude, unless you are saying it to a car salesman.

Anyway, the part that is weak is that he didn't admit he edited his post to take it out.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by maninblack' post='277237' date='May 2 2006, 07:26 PM
I gather that this is meant to be the rude bit.

"No offense, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to know less than the
salesman"

I don't think it's that rude, unless you are saying it to a car salesman.

Anyway, the part that is weak is that he didn't admit he edited his post to take it out.
Hahah eh that is true... the salesman "should" know more than me...

Ya he didnt admit he edited it. That ticked me off... I saw the change.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Contributors

So Eric.....did you buy the IS as a replacement for you MINI?............Why didn't you wait for the twin turbo 335i?
Old 05-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Contributors

Wow... talk about service... I thought Lexus was suppose to be 100% customer oriented and give Good customer service... First visit and I've never had this much trouble at any dealership.

DRLs man... DRLs... if I want them off turn them off... simple as that. I paied over $40K for the car, turn it off!

Said it was liability etc etc that I'll sue them if I get in a wreck because the other driver didnt see me because of no DRLs Such B.S. I almost laughed!

I even took the instructions on HOW to do it so they couldnt say it cant be done. Lucky I did... cuz they tried to pull that one on me at first.

Then they went to ask the manager and the manager was a hard ass acting all tough and pretending to have all this power and if he says no then its no. He told me I'll have to get approval from the General Manager. I said fine let me talk to him! But the manager then said he couldnt locate the GM.

Well anyways... the manager wont budge and said they wont do it.

After an hour and a half of wait just to get some simple personalized settings... like one touch unlocks drivers or all 4 doors... locing the doors at 13 mph. Openning windoes by holding the unlock... Those settings... the service advisor comes back and says its almost done and said I owe him a cheese burger. Obviously I kinda figued out what that ment...

THEN the manager still comes over and tells me the GM is prob at the Toyota dealership so I had to go over to the Toyota dealer next door and tell him to ask Corporate to get a waiver to diable the DRL. Ya right... corporate is going to deal with your little non-sense. Cant even handle a baby request like that how can they handle business in the real world? So the service rep just had one of the techs disable it and by passed the Manager to keep me happy. Man took A LOT of effort... so long long story... pick your cars wisely... and actually pick your service dealer wisely... Stick with BMW.

Quick Reply: Lexus owners are rude on messageboard...