Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Lewis Hamilton's dad crashes Porsche Carrera GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:01 PM
ObD
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

The Knights Who Say 'Ni' now have sacrificial shrubbery.

What a dope. They should start stenciling the Carrera GT rearview mirror with "the dick in the mirror is much smaller than it appears".
Old 06-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='597675' date='Jun 7 2008, 05:10 AM
Then he admits how he cars for others people property : ""This is my first crash in almost 30 years and it had to happen in someone else's car,"
A native English speaker would not have confused the subtlety... Just so you know, he's saying exactly the opposite of what you clearly think it means.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' post='597888' date='Jun 7 2008, 11:50 PM
A native English speaker would not have confused the subtlety... Just so you know, he's saying exactly the opposite of what you clearly think it means.
Ohhh...care to explain pls?
Old 06-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='597898' date='Jun 7 2008, 02:07 PM
Ohhh...care to explain pls?
In fairness, it's not something that translates as obviously in print as it does when it is spoken, but it's one way that an English guy would say that he was even more embarrassed about the incident because the car wasn't his.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' post='597902' date='Jun 8 2008, 12:10 AM
In fairness, it's not something that translates as obviously in print as it does when it is spoken, but it's one way that an English guy would say that he was even more embarrassed about the incident because the car wasn't his.
True, but embarrassed or not it showed the fact that he acted recklessly with other peoples' property. It would heave been better to keep his mouth shut, but that's just my opinion.

When you $#@k up so badly, on public roads, with a loaned car, it's better to lay low, do your "mea culpa" and learn from it instead of ranting about it to the media, and then having your child tell the media that he loled @ you. Worst possible scenario if you ask me!
Old 06-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by ObD' post='597851' date='Jun 7 2008, 03:01 PM
The Knights Who Say 'Ni' now have sacrificial shrubbery.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='597972' date='Jun 7 2008, 04:28 PM
True, but embarrassed or not it showed the fact that he acted recklessly with other peoples' property. It would heave been better to keep his mouth shut, but that's just my opinion.

When you $#@k up so badly, on public roads, with a loaned car, it's better to lay low, do your "mea culpa" and learn from it instead of ranting about it to the media, and then having your child tell the media that he loled @ you. Worst possible scenario if you ask me!
He did the mea culpa, and there was no rant. Your English is letting you down again. You're also basing your ire on "quotes" from the two worst daily tabloid newspapers in the UK, and reading way too much into it. I'm sure he's suitably embarrassed. Actual quote from Mr Hamilton - "Thankfully the only thing hurt was the car, and a bush fence ? for which I am extremely sorry."

For what it's worth, I'm sure Mr Hamilton would absolutely have preferred to be able to lie low. Because he's Lewis Hamilton's dad, he cant, because he's Lewis Hamilton's dad it's made the news, primarily through the power of schadenfreude. You'll find no reliable source that will substantiate your claim that he has "ranted to the media", he absolutely hasn't.

As for Lewis "lol'ing @ you". His dad has been made to look like an idiot, and is making big news only because he's Lewis Hamilton's dad. What do you expect him to say?

The real story would have been if Lewis had embarrassingly lost control of a car he should be perfectly capable of driving. Just like Nick Heidfeld did in his F1 car in front of hundreds of BMW employees recently.

Old 06-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by swajames' post='598044' date='Jun 7 2008, 08:21 PM
He did the mea culpa, and there was no rant. Your English is letting you down again. You're also basing your ire on "quotes" from the two worst daily tabloid newspapers in the UK, and reading way too much into it. I'm sure he's suitably embarrassed. Actual quote from Mr Hamilton - "Thankfully the only thing hurt was the car, and a bush fence ? for which I am extremely sorry."

For what it's worth, I'm sure Mr Hamilton would absolutely have preferred to be able to lie low. Because he's Lewis Hamilton's dad, he cant, because he's Lewis Hamilton's dad it's made the news, primarily through the power of schadenfreude. You'll find no reliable source that will substantiate your claim that has "ranted to the media", he absolutely hasn't.

As for Lewis "lol'ing @ you". His dad has been made to look like an idiot, and is making big news only because he's Lewis Hamilton's dad. What do you expect him to say?

The real story would have been if Lewis had embarrassingly lost control of a car he should be perfectly capable of driving. Just like Nick Heidfeld did in his F1 car in front of hundreds of BMW employees recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaVzgrKYG-c
Porsche guy defending another Porsche guy. This sounds like me defending other gun owners

I do agree that this is a non-story if this wasn't a Carrera GT and if this wasn't Hamilton's pop.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='598053' date='Jun 7 2008, 06:32 PM
Porsche guy defending another Porsche guy. This sounds like me defending other gun owners

I do agree that this is a non-story if this wasn't a Carrera GT and if this wasn't Hamilton's pop.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by swajames' post='598055' date='Jun 7 2008, 08:35 PM

Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton's dad crashes Porsche Carrera GT